Daboll or McDermott?

seandelevan

4 hours ago, The Chosen said:

Daboll has had 1, I repeat 1 good season in the NFL. Out of close to 20? If he gets a head coaching job with his resume, more power to him. He's done good things with Allen this year, but let's not forget that every single member of the Range has started a fire Daboll thread at 1 time or another. 

Daboll is 2nd on Jacksonville's list... behind only Urban Meyer, who wants 12 mil/season...

no offense sean, but even in a fantasy question this is a stupid premise

it would be opie all day long, on sunday, and on that one extra day during leap year

i was skeptical that he would be able to build a culture of loving each other and playing for each other when your roster is full of pampered, self-important millionaires. but hes done it. boy, has he done it

if daboll gets hired away i would hire chan gailey right now. i think chan is one of the most underrated ocs ive ever seen. hes good at adapting an offense to what he has to work with. and lets be honest - the bills offense has a TON to work with

id let daboll walk, congratulate him, and not think twice about it. come to think of it, i wouldnt think once about it

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Meathead said:

it would be opie all day long, on sunday, and on that one extra day during leap year

i was skeptical that he would be able to build a culture of loving each other and playing for each other when your roster is full of pampered, self-important millionaires. but hes done it. boy, has he done it

if daboll gets hired away i would hire chan gailey right now. i think chan is one of the most underrated ocs ive ever seen. hes good at adapting an offense to what he has to work with. and lets be honest - the bills offense has a TON to work with

id let daboll walk, congratulate him, and not think twice about it. come to think of it, i wouldnt think once about it

Agree on Chan, but he's getting up there in age.  Good guy.  The Cowboys replaced Norv Turner with Ernie Zampese and won a Super Bowl within 2 years.

download.jpg

14 minutes ago, Woody said:

I wouldn't keep either.  What good is one without the other?  I dread the thought of losing Daboll.  He'll probably be replaced by some lunkhead.  :niterider:

You have a QB room that knows their role and they work well together in preparation.  Specifically Webb and Barkley. Then you add Dorsey who was a former player. The play calling is what I'm more worried about but I think it's time to hand over the reins to our young QB next year. 

6 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Again...I’ll ask. Made a poll earlier this season and was called crazy.

If you HAD TO CHOSE...only one can stay...who do you got? Daboll or McDermott? 

McD.  Daboll will cause a step back next year, but honestly McD will keep this team well prepared and Allen should be fine.  Honestly, I would not be too against bringing in Chan Gailey to be Allen's OC.  Gailey loves airing it out and so does Allen, and Gailey has never had a QB as good as Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

McD.  Daboll will cause a step back next year, but honestly McD will keep this team well prepared and Allen should be fine.  Honestly, I would not be too against bringing in Chan Gailey to be Allen's OC.  Gailey loves airing it out and so does Allen, and Gailey has never had a QB as good as Allen. 

Not a bad option either. Miami was stupid for letting him go with their QB going into year 2

41 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Exactly, Chan makes average QBs look good.  Imagine what he could do with a great QB.  Oh, and if we have reservations about Chan, get Jordan Palmer in here. 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, jamsim67 said:

He must have done something right in the NFL, as he kept getting jobs. Has a ring with the Patriots

As a lower level te coach. As an oc the only success he's had is this season in the NFL. 1 season and a national championship at Alabama, you could do the same at Bama. I don't want Daboll to leave, but don't pretend just cause the Bills are winning, that our coaches are all elite.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

On 1/4/2021 at 7:22 PM, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Daboll is 2nd on Jacksonville's list... behind only Urban Meyer, who wants 12 mil/season...

Actually I heard that the current Ohio state head coach is number 2, but whatever. Daboll may turn out to be a good head coach, I'm just saying his resume doesn't impress me. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

1 hour ago, The Chosen said:

As a lower level te coach. As an oc the only success he's had is this season in the NFL. 1 season and a national championship at Alabama, you could do the same at Bama. I don't want Daboll to leave, but don't pretend just cause the Bills are winning, that our coaches are all elite.

I'm not pretending anything, just saying that he hasn't had trouble finding work at the NFL level. So yeah, he must be dong something right.

When he was hired by McBeane, both Sean and myself said that it was kind of early and that hiring an offensive coordinator away from Alabama was kind of strange. It wasn't in those words, but we both thought that they had time to find someone with more of an offensive resume. 

If he leaves, he leaves. The Bill's will move forward.

• 1 year later...

Bump

Daboll has the shitty Giants at 2-0 and has made Daniel Jones look decent.

Again…I wonder what the Bills would look like if Allen had a guru like Daboll as HC instead of a Mike Tomlin 2.0 as head coach. And trust me, McDermott is Tomlin 2.0

Allen would probably be throwing for 500 yards to guys with Olympic speed and blowing the doors off teams instead of holding on for dear life with 13 seconds left because we put all our faith in the defensive line. 

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

WHAT WILL LIBERAL SHITHEAD @seandelevan SAY WITH BENGALS WITH ALL THE WEAPONS HE WANTED BEING 0-2? Weapons Sean?

• Laugh 1
  • Penis 1

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Bump

Daboll has the shitty Giants at 2-0 and has made Daniel Jones look decent.

Again…I wonder what the Bills would look like if Allen had a guru like Daboll as HC instead of a Mike Tomlin 2.0 as head coach. And trust me, McDermott is Tomlin 2.0

Allen would probably be throwing for 500 yards to guys with Olympic speed and blowing the doors off teams instead of holding on for dear life with 13 seconds left because we put all our faith in the defensive line. 

Daboll has been pretty lucky. A win is a win, but lets wait until he has a full year under his belt. My guess is that Giant management has him on a short leash.

• Like 2

I like Daboll. I also like McD. 

I feel McD brings an intangible that’s hard to find in most coaches, a steady, even keel with the ability to press the right button with the right result when necessary. 

He’s the voice of reason and has the trust of his players. 

• Like 1