Daboll or McDermott?

seandelevan

50 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Again...I’ll ask. Made a poll earlier this season and was called crazy.

If you HAD TO CHOSE...only one can stay...who do you got? Daboll or McDermott? 

McDermott.  But I like Daboll quite a bit.  What?  You'd fire McDermott and install Daboll to keep him from leaving?  Not happening and shouldn't.

download.jpg

49 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Since McDermott, and Beane were the guys who engineered the rebuild, you stay with McDermott.

Daboll has had 1, I repeat 1 good season in the NFL. Out of close to 20? If he gets a head coaching job with his resume, more power to him. He's done good things with Allen this year, but let's not forget that every single member of the Range has started a fire Daboll thread at 1 time or another. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

2 minutes ago, The Chosen said:

Daboll has had 1, I repeat 1 good season in the NFL. Out of close to 20? If he gets a head coaching job with his resume, more power to him. He's done good things with Allen this year, but let's not forget that every single member of the Range has started a fire Daboll thread at 1 time or another. 

All correct.  Like Allen, Daboll is only now coming into his own.  Can one succeed without the other?  That one is more likely Allen.

download.jpg

9 minutes ago, LIBills said:

McDermott.

Life will be VERY DIFFERENT for Daboll when he doesn't have Allen.

Very true.

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

What you're really asking here is offense or defense.  I'd take offense all day.  But it doesn't work like that.  And, in fairness to McDermott, he's been really smart so far and has embraced the way we play offense.  He knows what it takes to win...he's earned that benefit of the doubt.  

Maybe Daboll doesn't get a job anyway.  Being a HC is soooooooo much more than being a good coordinator.  He's got to own the room.  He has to be the guy that is the face of an entire organization.  Is he that guy?

McDermott is a program builder CEO type.

Was he given the authority to fire Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon?  No, he had to convince the Pegulas to clean house,.  He did this while starting the build on the program.

The secrecy (no one knew we wanted Josh Allen, no one had a clue we were going to leave our starters in and rock the Dolphins), the professionalism, the adaptability.

McDermott is the guy. 

38 minutes ago, FanBack said:

McDermott is a program builder CEO type.

Was he given the authority to fire Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon?  No, he had to convince the Pegulas to clean house,.  He did this while starting the build on the program.

The secrecy (no one knew we wanted Josh Allen, no one had a clue we were going to leave our starters in and rock the Dolphins), the professionalism, the adaptability.

McDermott is the guy. 

Yep.  McDermott continues to be undervalued.  I'm okay with that.  He probably is too.

download.jpg

I'm pretty darn confident McDermott and Beane already have Daboll's replacement candidate list all ready to go if it comes to it.  Nothing new going on here in the NFL.  There are ALWAYS short lists.  They're ready for pretty much every scenario.  McDermott was a coordinator who made good.  Daboll may well get his shot.  Will he succeed?  I don't know.  Matt Patricia didn't.  Some folks around here thought he'd be the next Lombardi or Landry.  Or Bill Belichick.  :classic_biggrin:  

download.jpg

2 minutes ago, LIBills said:

I have noticed that not too many people are calling McDermott McClappy nowadays. 

Correct.  He was a great hire that many around here were trashing pretty recently.  Winning cures everything.  Winning usually takes a fair amount of patience and time.  Fans are not patient and want immediate gratification.

download.jpg

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Correct.  He was a great hire that many around here were trashing pretty recently.  Winning cures everything.  Winning usually takes a fair amount of patience and time.  Fans are not patient and want immediate gratification.

I was always one of the FEW who said to stay patient with Allen too.

I got a lot of backlash on that too, especially chatting with fellow Bills fans at TBD.

If I'm Daboll I'm staying in Buffalo and not even considering an HC job until he wins the Super Bowl with this team.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

4 hours ago, The Chosen said:

He must have done something right in the NFL, as he kept getting jobs. Has a ring with the Patriots

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Things came together plus he grew into the job.

He was part of the rebuild, and definitely grew into the job. Offensive players like him, so that's a plus. I guess being successful does that.

Part of the rebuild that Lit coincidentally didn't think had to happen. Just thought I'd throw that in there. No disrespect to Lit, I just like being right ... for once :-)