Riding The Storm Out: Music thread of songs dedicated to the lockdown.

StraightJ

I figured a thread of songs dedicated to the lockdown and everything related to the lockdown and situation in general might be a fun way to help deal with things, as especially as the weeks become months, as a story on even BuffaloRumblings said would likely be the case today.

Anyhow, this song title inspired the idea:

• Like 2

Andy did you hear about this one?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)  

Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.

Lenny Bruce WAS NOT AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       (Not sure how long the the final line of the chorus will still apply....   Also noticed the REO and REM, not sure if that trend can keep going)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)  

Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.

RIP Layne.  I think a lot of folks may eventually feel like this.   (I'm saving at least 1 song for when it's been long enough to be more fitting)

The title took a new meaning to me after watching the film, "The Prestige"

In my opinion, the title of this one is easy, anthem-level for the situation:           (Sack, i checked out your song, because I used to have the word "Closer" in my sig, as a Glengarry Glen Ross tribute, it inspired me to add another to my list for later).

Currently have a few selections on a list to dole out over time/days when I dont feel like writing much, some will be more fitting the more months it becomes.   

Note: Ozzy did not write these lyrics.  Geezer Butler did....because people called him "paranoid", and he didn't know what it meant, and went on to express how he felt. This song gives me hope that like Geezer the ad hominems aimed at me will inspire art on a high yet common enough level to be recognized consciously by more than a few.  :)   GEEZER, hero to the mocked!!!  A song that was originally written as filler, by many reports taking only 20 minutes.  

"Geezer Butler is much more than just Black Sabbath's bassist. If Tony Iommi’s riffs inspired the sound of metal, then Geezer’s lyrics spawned the blackness we metalheads hold dear".

• 2 weeks later...

This is spoken word, but man Jello Biafra nearly nails what's going on other than being backwords about religious services.

Speaking of sponsors, RFK Jr said even Murdoch had financial interests in vaccines and told him that's why he'd never be allowed to be a guest on Fox.  Big Pharma is not only the sponsor for this pandemic, but they have been the main sponsors for news broadcasts for quite awhile. New Zealand is the only other industrialized nation(maybe any nation) where drug ads are allowed on the TV.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:31 AM, StraightJ said:

RIP Layne.  I think a lot of folks may eventually feel like this.   (I'm saving at least 1 song for when it's been long enough to be more fitting)

The title took a new meaning to me after watching the film, "The Prestige"

Ill see you're Man in the Box and raise you. Probably one of my favorite AIC songs. 

• Like 1

Directly it's here more for the line before the title. The title is for the bigger picture.  Where's Daryl to say "buckle up"? lol

I wish it was the final countdown of the CV nonsense.  I still remember the classic 80s hair metal solo in this.  

On 4/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, StraightJ said:

In my opinion, the title of this one is easy, anthem-level for the situation:           (Sack, i checked out your song, because I used to have the word "Closer" in my sig, as a Glengarry Glen Ross tribute, it inspired me to add another to my list for later).

Currently have a few selections on a list to dole out over time/days when I dont feel like writing much, some will be more fitting the more months it becomes.   

Note: Ozzy did not write these lyrics.  Geezer Butler did....because people called him "paranoid", and he didn't know what it meant, and went on to express how he felt. This song gives me hope that like Geezer the ad hominems aimed at me will inspire art on a high yet common enough level to be recognized consciously by more than a few.  :)   GEEZER, hero to the mocked!!!  A song that was originally written as filler, by many reports taking only 20 minutes.  

"Geezer Butler is much more than just Black Sabbath's bassist. If Tony Iommi’s riffs inspired the sound of metal, then Geezer’s lyrics spawned the blackness we metalheads hold dear".

Some people through history have the innate ability to instantly come up with motifs that become the basis for entire pieces of music.  John Williams, Beethoven, Henry Mancini; yes, Tony Iommi is one of those people.  

However, Tony Iommi is not the Beethoven of rock.  Don't be silly.

Beethoven is the Tony Iommi of classical music.

Sometimes losing the prized college/indie label is worth it if you have something you feel is important enough to share with a larger audience that wouldn't reach them without adjustment.  

This popped into my head after I finally decided the season poll post was worthy to leave alone and was headed for the favorite songs thread, but then I realized it fit here on multiple levels for the title alone.  As for the rest of the lyrics, without saying too much(hopefully), I think some people will find/revisit their authentic self during the lockdown for a variety of reasons.  If there's one person who enjoys listening to this(I appreciate that potential far more than any likes or confirmations), it will have been worth posting, and even if not, simply because I hadn't listened in a long time. 

Instead of the cheesy(though possibly well-intentioned) "be safe" that I keep hearing on the phone as a parting message for non-personal calls, I'll offer the encouragement of that quote about not letting any good crisis go to waste(as long as your intentions are not to take advantage of others).