goodbye

this place is weird. It's kind of freaking me out of late.

I have totally enjoyed my time here but it has become something else... It has become the playground for weird people that live through numerous on-line personalities. This sort of detachment from the real world freaks me out and i don't want to be a part of it.

Man what a cool site this use to be though. It's been real.

Sad day for me because i love this bad team of ours and love posting about it. More than anything, i've really enjoyed what everyone else had to offer.

I just don't know how any serious human being could possibly want to stay a part of the train wreck this on-line community has become.

I don't know who's at fault... I think LIt might be a psychopath. Maybe i'm wrong.

Doesn't matter. This place sucks ass and i'm done.

Peace out home boys (and girls). Maybe i'll see you somewhere else.

probably not. It's been fun though.

Shame it had to end this way.

anyway, i'm signing off. and RIP buffalorange.

To those that contributed. Thanks for the fun times.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please reconsider...we need all the sane posters to return this site to its former glory days...why cant we just ignore those who have obviously flipped their lid and continue this site as an outlet for loyal fans?

The powers that be have no political affiliation.

BILL HICKS IS MY CO-PILOT

http://www.democracynow.org - news for those who refuse to be considered cattle.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children . . . Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

th?&id=JN.TMFJMCBtMz2txovQ4G1KzA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Andy did you hear about this one?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)  

Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.

Im being serious...I am going through a most difficult period in my life and, as lame as it sounds, this site has always provided me with some daily spiritual sustenance...I plead with all the faithful posters to keep it going...I am loyal and will do my part...all I ask is that you do the same...peace.

The powers that be have no political affiliation.

BILL HICKS IS MY CO-PILOT

http://www.democracynow.org - news for those who refuse to be considered cattle.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children . . . Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

billsman was lucky he started the site when he did. it was right at the time when these interwebs were still new and everybody expected to get rich. everybody flocked to his site bc it was one of the only ones and he did a good job promoting it

but really it was all a facade, he mighta made a little money in the beginning when advertisers were trying to figure out who to pay, but im certain that dwindled steadily. thats why he got into all those other things bc he couldnt make money here anymore. but everybody thought it was a big successful site and wanted to be part of that. and of course he played that part of it up to keep hopes alive it might someday come back to a money making venture. but of course it never did

so this big grand site never really existed except with the posters who made it. and then when he blew it all up with his meltdown(s) it sort of blew the cover off and became what it always was and what every other message board was: a message board

look around: is there ANY message board anywhere thats like the range used to be? no. thats bc that was a one time in history kind of thing. and with rick keeping the illusion going as long as he could everybody thought it was something that it wasnt

now of course the only one left who was 'in charge' is lit so he gets all the heat for this disillusionment. yeah he screwed up on his own right with his behavior, but he was far from the architect of destruction the disillusioned now paint him as. he also resurrected it from the dead after that, but of course almost nobody remembers that when they are looking for their pound of flesh

i would say stop your pissing and moaning but ive been on this planet too long to know that aint happening. ppl like to bitch and theyll do it whether you like it or not. so just let it happen and wait for training camp when everything will be muuuuuch better

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

billsman was lucky he started the site when he did. it was right at the time when these interwebs were still new and everybody expected to get rich. everybody flocked to his site bc it was one of the only ones and he did a good job promoting it

but really it was all a facade, he mighta made a little money in the beginning when advertisers were trying to figure out who to pay, but im certain that dwindled steadily. thats why he got into all those other things bc he couldnt make money here anymore. but everybody thought it was a big successful site and wanted to be part of that. and of course he played that part of it up to keep hopes alive it might someday come back to a money making venture. but of course it never did

so this big grand site never really existed except with the posters who made it. and then when he blew it all up with his meltdown(s) it sort of blew the cover off and became what it always was and what every other message board was: a message board

look around: is there ANY message board anywhere thats like the range used to be? no. thats bc that was a one time in history kind of thing. and with rick keeping the illusion going as long as he could everybody thought it was something that it wasnt

now of course the only one left who was 'in charge' is lit so he gets all the heat for this disillusionment. yeah he screwed up on his own right with his behavior, but he was far from the architect of destruction the disillusioned now paint him as. he also resurrected it from the dead after that, but of course almost nobody remembers that when they are looking for their pound of flesh

i would say stop your pissing and moaning but ive been on this planet too long to know that aint happening. ppl like to bitch and theyll do it whether you like it or not. so just let it happen and wait for training camp when everything will be muuuuuch better

Dont forget about social media. Message boards thrived more before it was around. However, if used properly, it can be a double edged sword that can also bring new people to the board. If I were the owner, I'd work at times relentlessly to bring in new people through various methods. There is always going to be turnover to some extent, just like many individuals face with whom they associate with during different periods of their lives. However, it can be ameliorated with the proper planning and effort, even though current situations still may not be preferable to those in the past. I looked into buying from Rick, not for profit, but to own a piece of something I was truly fond of.

Again Meat, whether JK comes back or not, this is a solid example of people being turned off by the ongoing antics here. You threw a tantrum when I deleted a thread very similar(but more abusive and not even attached to the OP's intent) and made demands that actions be taken or you were going to ban yourself. I think Comrade Kelly did a more honorable thing. And for every person that vocal, there may be multiple others who just leave without making a statement before doing so. I hope you can see that my intentions were good(it was the only non-automated spam I had ever deleted). We've seen the potential consequences of these threads where an attempt is made to pile on 1 or 2 users. Oddly, wagon was the harshest poster in the thread I deleted. Sometimes things that look "bad" to well meaning people like yourself do have desirable consequences.

Multiple people have exrpessed feelings along the same lines as JK, and for anyone who values the success of this board, they may wish to give what he says serious consideration(well, part of what he said. JK may have went a bit overboard).

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)  

Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.

The computer world has changed this site.

When I first joined on a good day I could visit a couple times, but that was it because my computer access was a desk top and if I had other things going on I might not stop in some days and there were stretches where I might go a week or more without checking in.

My activity on this board increased when I purchased a lap top and didn't have to be in my office to log on. I could be eating breakfast and reading about my Bills. Does it get better than that?

Now I have a computer that I carry around with me everywhere I go. If I have a moment of down time at work I quickly stop in here to see who's doing what on the shout box. During my lunch I might post something or read a few threads. At this point I might check on this site two dozen times a day, and if it is the draft or opening of fa I walk down the hall looking for some "breaking news" to happen.

My point is, when I first joined I looked forward to get the chance to sit down at my desk and read about my Bills with other Bills fans. That excitement is gone because I have it at my finger tips 24-7 and at slow parts of the offseason some people get bored and get their thrills by picking Internet fights.

Yes, this board has changed, but so have we. The world is changing around us and it is never going back.

That dude is a great poster,

Always objective.

This site is undoubtedly at a weird place right now. You can read some shit here and start to wonder what the fuck are you doing with your life.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

That dude is a great poster,

Always objective.

This site is undoubtedly at a weird place right now. You can read some shit here and start to wonder what the fuck are you doing with your life.

The problem, in my mind, is that there less respect for differing opinions around here than there has ever been. It feels like there are certain posters who are just out to play the role of contrarian and that just KILLS any productive football conversation that might take place.

We all are supposed to like the Buffalo Bills and we are all frustrated about the lack of success of the team but some posters take it to such an extreme. They are to the point in their minds where, because of the lack of success, they can twist any decisions into terrible mistakes. There are two sides to every coin. We traded a 1st round pick for Sammy and traded a player and gave a big contract for LeSean McCoy. You can look at that as wasted resources or you can say that for the first time in a long time Buffalo has two legitimate players on offense that command respect across the league. While I understand the former, I choose to focus on the later because hell, it's only football and I like to have fun with my hobbies...not make myself miserable. But more often than not it feels like there is no room for positivity on this board. It has really, really sucked the joy out of this place for me. I won't stop coming here, but I do find myself coming around less and less.

It's a shame. Been some really quality people and quality discussion over the years here. I often spent more time posting here than on Fin boards. I wasn't around for all the drama, and was surprised and depressed when it went down... and was stoked when it came back one day. But while it was up and running... it really never came back. I thought it just needed some time to get its feet back underneath it... but no.

67a3a9ac-340d-4e82-afbe-b123de3dd879_zpsns0ybriy.jpg

I can still remember stumbling upon this site after our 3-13 year back in 01. I would just read the posts and it wasn't until draft time came around in 02 that I finally signed up to post my mock (believe I posted two mocks in total, one where we stayed pat and drafted McKinney and another where we traded down and drafted Haynesworth). Great times on this board for sure, but as the years passed different things have occurred which have drained the fun out of this site. It's not what it once was but as long as there's Bills talk going on I will stick around.

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

Sorry you feel that way JK, I really get it -- I too am getting fed up with the masquerade party or whatever else is going on here. And Meat is right that no board will be what it was pre social media days, but there are still some interesting things to talk about here and I hope JK comes back.

The problem, in my mind, is that there less respect for differing opinions around here than there has ever been. It feels like there are certain posters who are just out to play the role of contrarian and that just KILLS any productive football conversation that might take place.

We all are supposed to like the Buffalo Bills and we are all frustrated about the lack of success of the team but some posters take it to such an extreme. They are to the point in their minds where, because of the lack of success, they can twist any decisions into terrible mistakes. There are two sides to every coin. We traded a 1st round pick for Sammy and traded a player and gave a big contract for LeSean McCoy. You can look at that as wasted resources or you can say that for the first time in a long time Buffalo has two legitimate players on offense that command respect across the league. While I understand the former, I choose to focus on the later because hell, it's only football and I like to have fun with my hobbies...not make myself miserable. But more often than not it feels like there is no room for positivity on this board. It has really, really sucked the joy out of this place for me. I won't stop coming here, but I do find myself coming around less and less.

This is exactly it.

So many people come in with the attitude "I'm right, you're wrong. FU."

There are no discussions with some people. No middle ground at all. EJ sucks, and if you are still holding out hope for him you are a homer and your opinion means nothing.

Oh I love these type of threads.

Hey guys, look at me!

I'm leaving.

Seriously.

Look at me, I'm going.

Never to return again!

Wanna know why?

Here's why...

I'm leaving!!!

Lit, get a grip.

This is the most reasonable thread in months here. All the quality people posted their thoughts. Unfortunately all these people do not post otherwise. That's we we have 19 page threads about who is who.

If we could somehow get these people to post more often the ratio of idiot posts would go down. But posts like the one you made just here, is what kills this board.

I thought you want that this board flourishes. Then stop writing crap like this.

I can only repeat it. Most reasonable posts in here in months.

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Great post meat. And you did it without all the usual off-color remarks and foul language. Imagine that.

Oh good, I see Bortz plans of spamming all the threads with his YouTube videos.

Oh good, MPD boy is trying to get my attention

[video=youtube;_nS-QeM2ne8]

Why don't you post a poll and see how many people want to vote you off the board.

Oh good, I see Bortz plans of spamming all the threads with his YouTube videos.

Sometimes music videos convey an idea better than many posts. The videos are also easier to skip over than reading a post that you may end up disagreeing with, so I'm fine with videos, if anyone actually cares.

I too am somewhat mocking of this thread because Jimbo recently lit into ME for the 1st time ever, because your assclown buddy Wagon convinced Jimbo that I was YOU, so now I'm catching flack for your antics. It feels bad enough when I get mocked for being me, but it's even more frustrating when someone goes apesh*t on me because they think I'm YOU. I can see why some people think this board may be being purposefully set up to bleed out slowly.