V.P. of player personnel on passing on Allen: He can throw it to the moon, but can't hit the broad side of a barn

He also says he had Allen ranked 5th of all QB's.

On Monday, Browns V.P. of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith said plenty of things about the rookie quarterback his team drafted — and didn’t. Into the “didn’t” category falls Josh Allen, and it’s clear that Highsmith (and presumably the Browns) had an issue with Allen’s inaccuracy.

“Baker Mayfield lost two receivers and he was the same quarterback,” Highsmith said at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Luncheon Club, via the Canton Repository. “Josh Allen . . . big arm . . . he could throw the ball from here to the moon. When they have to make excuses. . . . Why are they not completing passes? That’s a problem.”

Highsmith also said that he had Allen ranked fifth among all of the top quarterbacks, behind Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson.

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allen-inaccuracy-problem-alonzo-102045143.html

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

While I agree with his take on Allen, this guy is a fucking assclown for trolling other teams picks:

Browns V.P. of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith had plenty to say on Monday about how the team settled on quarterback Baker Mayfield. Highsmith also shared some insights on why the Browns didn’t settle on quarterback Josh Rosen.

“I was at an airport,” Highsmith said Monday at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Luncheon Club, via the Canton Repository. “UCLA’s volleyball team was in front of me. You heard so much about Rosen. He’s this or that. We all know how people talk.

“So I asked one of the volleyball coaches, ‘What’s Rosen like?’ He said, ‘Aaaa, you should probably ask his girlfriend. She’s one of the players. She’s over there.’

“I’m like, ‘All right coach. That’s good enough.’ . . . I don’t know what all this means, but there was something about him that bothered me.”

STFU and act like an NFL exec ya fucking tit.

I’ve tried to watch some stuff on Allen to learn about him. I did not watch any of his games live but I imagine that when his Wyoming team played Iowa and the othe power 5 school (eludes me right now), I’m not surprised he had poor games. His team was likely totally outmatched. Not surprising if he suffered poor stats while running for his life.

Loved watching the Soul and Science episode on him too.....and only QB to hit the cross bar at 35 yards....

All QBs have poor games. Allen is still a work in progress to be sure. But from some of the throws I have now seen him make he has the ability, it is consistency and I think he will get there.

He is accurate when he sets his feet.

You can practice footwork.

He has not even come close to hitting his ceiling.

I agree that right now, Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold are more ready to step in day 1. But I don’t agree that this kid doesn’t have what it takes to be a star.

The more I see stuff on him, the more the pick grows on me. I have confidence in this staff to get the most out of him.

And anything the Browns do is with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.....

"When they have to make excuses. . . . Why are they not completing passes? That’s a problem.”

He nailed it with that quote.

It's almost like he was talking directly to Wagon.

"Cut the excuses son".

We get it Lit. You plan to ride Allen constantly. Shocking. Would have expected no less. Unlike you, I'm rooting for the kid.

Not for nothing but none of the top 4 QBs are perfect and they all have a black mark. You could easily turn it around and say that Mayfield is a short, arrogant Manziel clone.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

"When they have to make excuses. . . . Why are they not completing passes? That’s a problem.”

"Cut the excuses son".

Come on Lit, the Brown's? I have question's about Allen, but I have even more questions about why the VP of player personnel for the Browns is questioning anybody.

"Cut the excuses son".

After all the games that I've watched I wouldn't say he is inaccurate as much as he has a poor completion percentage. There's a difference. I see him missing a lot of throws b/c he is running for his life. Now, plenty of times, he's running because it's his fault. I think his issue is he can't read a defense and therefore doesn't get the ball out on time which leads to him running and slinging off balance throws. I don't see him missing a lot of wide open passes like EJ Manual.

Yeah, well, Cleveland HAS proven to be the penultimate experts on QB's the last 20 years, so if they said it, it MUST be true

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

After all the games that I've watched I wouldn't say he is inaccurate as much as he has a poor completion percentage. There's a difference. I see him missing a lot of throws b/c he is running for his life. Now, plenty of times, he's running because it's his fault. I think his issue is he can't read a defense and therefore doesn't get the ball out on time which leads to him running and slinging off balance throws. I don't see him missing a lot of wide open passes like EJ Manual.

I also don't see him putting the ball in such poor position that his receiver are hung out to get their heads knocked off like Lit's other wet dream, Tyrod. I don't see him withering and running out of bounds or crumpling up on the ground to take a sack under pressure and I also see a pretty weak O-Line that allows heavy pressure on Allen on a lot of those plays

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Do me a favor.

Google how long the Browns' VP of personnel (the guy who made the quote) has been with the team.

I'll wait.

And your point is what? Is he your new man-love?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

The "great" Alonzo Highsmith. Works for the Browns. Allen wasn't the only QB this dumbass spoke ill of. Whatever.

Rofl. You are right. A wannabe from the Browns disses all other QBs that the Browns not drafted. Smart move. Good luck, Browns, improving while you employ loudmouth idiots like him. Probably he also vouched fro Manziel over Bridgewater... (or probably he is only 20 years old and doesnot know who Manziel is)

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

first of all, i don't like allen, i think his bust potential is extremely high

having said that and having watched a lot of his tape, not highlights, he is far more accurate than this quote reflects...he puts the ball on the hands esp when he has a clean pocket.

where he breaks down is on the blitz where he steps up into the pocket to run far too often, creating off balance throws. he also misses on passes by not giving enough air under his throws or using touch in the right situations. when he uses touch, it is accurate, but again it is the decision making.

the fact that this particular anit-Allen thread is based on Alonzo Highsmith's statements after his moronic quotes about Rosen is comical. Lets have a contest to see how many Pro Allen and anit-Allen thread we can post on here, because that's what this is turning into. there are just as many positive things as there are negative things, so lets post as many as we can to try and prove to everyone that based on an article with some quotes from a draft guru or a NFL executive and that as fans we have the slightest idea who will be a Hall of Famer and who will suck 6 days after the kid was drafted. with all the crap we've had to deal with as Bills fans, this is right up there, and partially self inflicted, wonderful work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I learn so much from all the Quarterback guru's and player personnel directors that chime in on this site, sometimes it's overwhelming. 98% of QB's do not know how to read NFL Defenses when they come out of college because most colleges run spread offenses, look to sideline, get play, run play.

Most QB's, Pro and college usually put the ball into the hands of their receiver when they have a "clean pocket".

Most QB's Pro and College usually get in trouble when the Blitz forces them to move in the pocket and usually causes off balance throws, except of course the great Brady who just falls to the ground so he doesn't get hit.

The man who coached Allen in college in a pro style offense thinks Allen will be a success in the NFL, it may take a little time, but I sure as Hell will trust his judgement at this time.

Rofl. You are right. A wannabe from the Browns disses all other QBs that the Browns not drafted. Smart move. Good luck, Browns, improving while you employ loudmouth idiots like him. Probably he also vouched fro Manziel over Bridgewater... (or probably he is only 20 years old and doesnot know who Manziel is)

Do me a favor.

Google how long the Browns' VP of personnel (the guy who made the quote) has been with the team.

I'll wait.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg