Bills vs Chiefs UPDATE

Reports are that if Milano plays, it will be in specialized roles and in a limited capacity.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg.da8eee644e58a6e2caeea5d2940d9df8.jpg.902c81312093b75352203b6fe1655549.jpg

LiterateStylish

TV ratings show most NFL teams losing local support

The NFL’s national television ratings are down 7.5 percent this year, but it’s not just the national TV audience that’s struggling: The vast majority of teams are seeing their local ratings down as well.

According to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, 25 of 31 teams are drawing lower local numbers than they did in 2016. The Chargers aren’t included in that number because they’re playing in a new market this year, although it’s clear that the Chargers are struggling with their local fan base as well.

Most teams in the NFL are down by more than 5 percent. The Jets, playing in America’s biggest television market, are down a whopping 37 percent. Only three teams — the Chiefs, Buccaneers and Lions — have improved their local ratings by more than 5 percent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/19/tv-ratings-show-most-nfl-teams-losing-local-support/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I wonder which 6 teams are still getting good ratings--I know--probably the 6 top teams--but their are some teams that are finally winning after years of losing--Rams and Bills among them--hard for me not to watch with Bills off to a good start--but I use to watch every game to see how my fantasy football players looked to see if I wanted to keep them--now its just the Bills and then yard work--ugh--can't wait until all this Kneeling nonsense is over--surprised the ratings aren't down more--most fans around here stopped watching football altogether--sucks--when I see them I don't know what to talk to them about anymore.

Draft wish list:

1-WR Corey Davis Western Michigan--pick 5 Titans

2-S Obi Melifonwu Connecticut--2nd round--pick 56 Raiders

3-CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson--3rd round--pick 97 Dolphins

5-LB Connor Harris Lindenwood--undrafted--picked up by Jets

5-OL Conor McDermott UCLA--6th round--pick 211 Patriots-claimed off waivers by Bills

6-QB Chad Kelly Ole Miss--Mr irrelevant--Broncos

You wait for over five years to finally post something and you waste it on this garbage.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

I still think it’s disrespectful not to stand for the flag & national anthem. This isn’t the 1960’s where protesting was relevant. If they what to protest,do it on your own time,not on the football field; that time belongs to the fans that pay 💰 for their fat ass contracts !

I have been streaming Bills games every Sunday for many years now. Used to be hard to find any streams now it is stupidly easy. I wonder how much of that is a factor.

All the cord cutters have to have some kind of impact.

Go ahead and boycott, I'll be watching and enjoying my Sunday like usual. The people in the stands are talking, buying a beer when the anthem is being played. No mention of that. So tired of the deliberate division in this country. We aren't as dumb as they think are we?

I have been streaming Bills games every Sunday for many years now. Used to be hard to find any streams now it is stupidly easy. I wonder how much of that is a factor.

All the cord cutters have to have some kind of impact.

The rise of digital streaming and “cord-cutting” has also been blamed for the decline in ratings across all TV programming and not just the NFL, but the story notes that the league’s TV numbers are declining at a faster rate than their streaming numbers are rising.

The figures presented to the owners on Tuesday and Wednesday are one of the biggest signs yet that the NFL is losing viewers at a rate that goes beyond simple cord-cutting, or even a diminished on-field product.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/19/nfl-tv-ratings-decline-owners-meeting/

To protest because Clinton lost and Trump is president is childish. From the Hawks, its all about Trump. When I watched games at home, when the Anthem played, we stood, we were quite. Is there problems with the country, sure, but exercising, stretching, eating, drinking, sitting is not a protest. It is pure disrespect to this country, the men and women who served and those who died fighting for this nation. I have no desire to watch those thugs. Kneeling; while I disagree, is at least respectful and can draw attention to an issue.

This isn’t the 1960’s where protesting was relevant.

great way to put it

yeah, back in the 50/60/70's i woulda been standing arm and arm with those black folks, suffering the indignation and possible injury of fire hoses and dogs. THAT was a legitimate protest

but what really are the players protesting now? there still is inequality but its a small even tiny fraction of what it was back then. for the most part, ppl of color have all the opportunities whites do now. and in fact, white people are bending over backwards to try to help the minorities. theyve bent so far that they are now CREATING separation by their routine broadbrushing of their own race bc thats what theyve been taught to believe by racist black folks. oye

how about we protest about the thousands of niggas that die each year at the hands of other niggas? how about we protest the broadbrushing of heartland whites as automatically racist when in fact most of those people have made the hard transition out of racism? how about we protest about the stupid special rules that we give blacks and nobody else that fuels the resentment from those heartland whites and makes us elect an idiot man-child as president?

I see that Lorax is helping to form some activities to bring whites and blacks together to 'continue the conversation.' well thats actually great, but it looks like hes just arranging fair-type events that put people in the same place, i see no mention of any specific adult conversations on the matter. are we going to be talking about the huge black on black crime problem? are we going to be talking about the huge broadbrushing of whites problem? are we going to talk about the widespread racism in our blackness? if not then we are just creating get-togethers of ppl in the same place NOT talking things out

before i got sick i was planning on holding public gatherings where all we did was talk about this. i was planning to sit up on a stage with multicultural members and talk openly about everything ive always talked about here, taking questions from the audience, things like that. I planned to invite the media to record and broadcast the events. THATS what we should be doing, the HARD work of real reconciliation

but thats not the feeling i get from these NFL protests. I get the feeling they are more about retribution, to continue to broadbrush whitey bc they can. i think it demonstrates a bias that has swung the OTHER way now. nobody wants to challenge that for fear of being called racist. well fuck, EVERYTHING white ppl do now is racist, according to those that get to define the rules

thanks for that great comment. and sorry for the rant. lol

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

The only garbage is the emails I get from this Fox News circlejerk masquerading as a Bills message board.

we used to have a sticky at the top of the page that explains that this is an 'all topics' board. lit took it down for some reason, and i wish he would put it back up so that we dont have to continually field these types of complaints

i hope you stick around and post more. but if you dont like the political threads/posts i suggest you dont read them

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I don't think it is as peaceful of a protest as they think--they disrespect symbols of our country and the men and women who have died defending it to provoke a response--to me it feels the same as when someone pushes me and says what are you gonna do about it--well--I'm gonna push back in a way that hurts them--in this case their wallets--I stopped watching the games which have the 50 commercials on which help pay their salaries--I usually spend a couple hundred dollars on merchandise--go to 3 or 4 games a year with my son--by not doing these things this year I probably saved over $500--which I donated--along with furniture--TV's--and appliances--to my favorite cause homeless vets--which I am sure some are black--I had a guy tell me he was going to tune all his TV's in to the games to nullify my symbolic protest of kneeling--$500 dollars is nothing to a pro football player--but a lot to a homeless vet--I told him if he has so many TV's why doesn't he donate one to a homeless black family instead of just giving lip service--he stopped posting after that. I agree with meathead--I liked when they had one thread at the top for these topics.

Draft wish list:

5-OL Conor McDermott UCLA--6th round--pick 211 Patriots-claimed off waivers by Bills

I usually spend a couple hundred dollars on merchandise--go to 3 or 4 games a year with my son--by not doing these things this year I probably saved over $500--which I donated--along with furniture--TV's--and appliances--to my favorite cause homeless vets--which I am sure some are black.

good for you, man. all of our service members deserve our support, especially the ones down on their luck. its kinda shameful how little we actually do for our veterans

i personally dont think its automatically disrespectful to kneel or even sit, if its done for the right reason, like religious beliefs. but the reason these guys are doing it in the nfl is to promote a false narrative, which i have a big problem with. now THATS disrespectful

good for you, man. all of our service members deserve our support, especially the ones down on their luck. its kinda shameful how little we actually do for our veterans

i personally dont think its automatically disrespectful to kneel or even sit, if its done for the right reason, like religious beliefs. but the reason these guys are doing it in the nfl is to promote a false narrative, which i have a big problem with. now THATS disrespectful

I semi retired here in Florida 3 years ago from Buffalo--my wife and I both were supporters of veterans because we both had a lot in our families--when we got here we heard a retired NYC police officer had formed a group that would pick up furnishings from your home when you bought new ones--and deliver them to vets who just received affordable housing but had nothing to furnish it with--they do it for nothing else but to help people in need--and when they need a place to store the furnishings until someone needs them the snow birds let them use their garages in the summer--If you believe in a cause--don't kneel to draw attention to it or upset people who care what the flag stands for--get active--as this community has.

Draft wish list:

im surprised an officer would deliver furniture to black veterans bc you know how racist the police are

/sarcasm

no that sounds awesome. they deserve to be taken care of like that and helped when they need it

Play the anthem before the players come out for he game problem solved.

I think it's too late for that. People were outraged over the teams staying int he locker room for the anthem. They put themselves in a lose/lose when they took a stand against Trump. I believe Trump probably should have stayed out of sports. But, then the NFL overplayed it's hand, by having owners issue statements before the game and organizing full team protest that disrespected the flag and veterans.

I think it's too late for that. People were outraged over the teams staying int he locker room for the anthem. They put themselves in a lose/lose when they took a stand against Trump. I believe Trump probably should have stayed out of sports. But, then the NFL overplayed it's hand, by having owners issue statements before the game and organizing full team protest that disrespected the flag and veterans.

Unfortunately I think your right I would hope it could be sorted out by now, sometimes people can't get it together and it causes great rifts between no blame here just thinking out loud.

the nfl was lose/lose right there. they probably did the best they could under impossible circumstances

what matters now is how it proceeds.

it appeared like maybe they were going to try to create some other forum for those specific expressions, and maybe they still will, but so far not a peep on that direction