LiterateStylish

Officer shoots black man in the back as he is running away

You're a very angry individual. Lol

He doesnt need to ban me, he could just say dont come back. I wouldnt lose sleep. Again my life doesnt revolve around this place. Get a life brother

You're a very angry individual. Lol

He doesnt need to ban me, he could just say dont come back. I wouldnt lose sleep. Again my life doesnt revolve around this place. Get a life brother

Huh? I was using allegory, which you obviously didnt catch. Maybe you'd prefer being literally shot in the back while walking away?

Im sorry if i didnt answer your question. Ask it again because im not sure what it was

Whomever I replied to(Im guessing you) said there were consequences. So consequences did the woman suffer? She went away feeling better, her accusers walked home ashamed and quiet. Im not sure why folks(especially religious ones) tend to ignore the teaching in that story. Jesus seemed to care very little about the BS the religious leaders cared about, and broke multiple of their so called "G*d's law"s himeself. Again, I'm not sure why folks refuse to learn from his example. I'm actually shocked and curious Lit of all people used this example, but it gives me faith in the goodness of people in general. I dont think that makes me sound angry, lol.

Whomever I replied to(Im guessing you) said there were consequences. So consequences did the woman suffer? She went away feeling better, her accusers walked home ashamed and quiet. Im not sure why folks(especially religious ones) tend to ignore the teaching in that story.

I meant legal consequences. Sorry you didnt catch that. I said the thief on the cross was still sentenced to death by the government. Jesus saved his soul, but didnt let him down off the cross. The girl who commit adultry, sinned she didnt break the law of the land. She brole a spiritual law.

So the man who was shot in the back coukd very well be in heaven, if he was forgiven by the Father

I also said if there was no knife then using deadly force was extreme. But seems to me like they found that the cops were telling the truth, maybe they saw more than 30 seconds of a video. You know, the only part that media will show you.

I also said if there was no knife then using deadly force was extreme. But seems to me like they found that the cops were telling the truth, maybe they saw more than 30 seconds of a video. You know, the only part that media will show you.

You know darned well that if the police had video to exonerate themselves theyd mention it, and then the media might drop the story as you insinuate(and even I wouldnt doubt it, it doesnt fit their narrative). It looks like the media did their homework on this one though. Plenty more "deserving" people executed by the cops, they dont waste time on those, lol. So yeah, I'd bet money there is no magical video, if you want to wager. It's just the SOS...word of a cop vs a ciitizen, and police look out for their own for the vast majority of the time. Imagine how often this happens with no video....this video is the only reason this guy even gets mentioned. Sad.

You know darned well that if the police had video to exonerate themselves theyd mention it, and then the media might drop the story as you insinuate(and even I wouldnt doubt it, it doesnt fit their narrative). It looks like the media did their homework on this one though. Plenty more "deserving" people executed by the cops, they dont waste time on those, lol. So yeah, I'd bet money there is no magical video, if you want to wager. It's just the SOS...word of a cop vs a ciitizen, and police look out for their own for the vast majority of the time. Imagine how often this happens with no video....this video is the only reason this guy even gets mentioned. Sad.

You may be right

I think the best thing to do is to listen to the cop. I guess im different because i don't deal drugs and assault people lol

I meant legal consequences. Sorry you didnt catch that. I said the thief on the cross was still sentenced to death by the government. Jesus saved his soul, but didnt let him down off the cross. The girl who commit adultry, sinned she didnt break the law of the land. She brole a spiritual law.

So the man who was shot in the back coukd very well be in heaven, if he was forgiven by the Father

Actually, I think it was the law that the woman could be stoned to death. The Jews of the Bible were a very brutal and unforgiving people(like the current ones in power) who practiced(and still do) brutal animal murder, and their spiritual leaders were their political leaders(like in the occupied/apartheid nation of Palestine), until Rome tried to civilize their brutal tribal behavior and bring them into the Western World™. They were going to "justifiably" murder the young woman for allegedly having sex, until Jesus shamed them and sent her away with hardly any attention. Again, it confounds me why religious people(and even heathens, although they have less reason to care) refuse to learn the simple yet powerful example taught there.

I think the best thing to do is to listen to the cop. I guess im different because i don't deal drugs and assault people lol

Nobody is arguing with you on that, at least that I'm aware of. You can ask Lit for a final ruling, lol. We could ask the guy why he ran... oh, wait...

Actually, I think it was the law that the woman could be stoned to death. The Jews of the Bible were a very brutal and unforgiving people(like the current ones in power) who practiced(and still do) brutal animal murder, and their spiritual leaders were their political leaders(like in the occupied/apartheid nation of Palestine), until Rome tried to civilize their brutal tribal behavior and bring them into the Western World™. They were going to "justifiably" murder the young woman for allegedly having sex, until Jesus shamed them and sent her away with hardly any attention. Again, it confounds me why religious people(and even heathens, although they have less reason to care) refuse to learn the simple yet powerful example taught there.

Idk i think they were under Roman law. I think it was law of the church. Rome didnt care.

Nobody is arguing with you on that, at least that I'm aware of. You can ask Lit for a final ruling, lol. We could ask the guy why he ran... oh, wait...

Haha

Idk i think they were under Roman law. I think it was law of the church. Rome didnt care.

The girl didnt care WHO was murdering her or why, she'd still be dead for fornicating. Would you be happy if religious people taught youre favorite guy Daryl a lesson for his fornication/adultery and stoned him? Heck, most of us wouldnt evenw ant to see Tyrod or Ralph stoned. Youre right that Rome tried to civilize that brutal bunch, as did Jesus...they just did it in different ways lol. Folks seem to miss that Jesus didnt care much about what we now call "Old Testament" laws and didnt say names like yahweh or whatever, which are different gods than The Father. He broke these so called laws of "g*d" himself repeatedly....an outlaw. Early Christians knew that, but Romans ****ed Western society when they combined his teachings with a bunch of old jew writings that werent even canonized themselves yet until long after the time of Jesus. The guy spent his life working against religion, and the jackass romans made a religion out of him! The irony! That is why Aleister "rhymes with holy" Crowley named his teachings Thelema, because he knew the Christ was dishonored by the religion which used his name.

Many modern Americans just assume the book fell out of the sky as one, and miss a very interesting story of how it was created by a democratic vote...by fellas appointed by the Roman Emperor Constantine(320s AD/CE), who converted to during his reign to be make the people more easily ruled under modern theism, killing and/or persecuting any who didn follow his religion, and his one brand of the many types of Christianity that existed at the time. The Nag Hamadi scrolls(which contained the Gnostic Gospels, among other books found in the Bible) were one proof of that last part, although most teachings outside the imposed one were onviously destroyed(other than the many teachings of actual power, which are locked away in the Vatican).

Like most Americans I'm not a big fan of monopolies, or fascism, so I'm not a fan of what Rome did to the teachings of The Christ. Anything that wasnt neutered and survived had to be heavily coded so that it wasnt censored, and for people who werent familiar with the language and culture of the time, those teachings are very unlikely to be deciphered....which is why any real deity inspires people throughout history in all cultures. Theur brains can only perceive it by what they already know, which is why it comes out differently. Ancient cave paintings in many parts of the world, on the other hand, are strikingly similar in many themes.

I think we can agree with Lit's original theme that Jesus wasn't big on killing people, or even self defense. He taught to turn the other cheek, something his followers and heathens alike seem to outright ignore. He certainly never taught to cut someone down in a hail of gunfire as they attempt to flee you. Think of how short all those episodes of COPS would be if they did that each time someone ran. Most of the time these guys do very little in the way of action, and apparently get excited when the coach(life) finally takes them off the bench...and some of them pull an EJ. Even before tazers, good cops seemed to be able to do their job without killing guys, during the rare chases they saw.

It wouldnt hurt some of us to do a "ride along" some time, if you'd like to see what a typical day on the job is like for police. That's how Walter White started his transformation on Breaking Bad(actually it started before that, when he was being humiliated at his birthday party by his cop brother in law, and saw the amount of money cops stole from people due to unconsitutional drug laws).

Wow thats a lot to take in for this time of night lol

lol we agree. It was my magnum opus. I was trying to take my mind off the stupid hangover I got from drinking earlier...I was on the wagon for quite a bit and may head back to it. I thought it would make watching the game while doing the sh*tbox more enjoyable, but it did not. I did a lengthy cleanse/then a fast, then stayed in ketosis a long time after refeeding, and I guess my body is rebelling a bit after going from clean to drinking. Im not sure how I forgot how to drink in a relatively short amount of time. Not my proudest moment, man....l.but Im still not going to shoot anyone! :)

Again with this, he wasnt drawing circles in the sand. Don't make stuff. Each person who accused the girl left according to age. He was wrigting in the sand the sin of the accusers, which rabbi's did back then. Thats why they turned in walked away he was showing all what they were sinfull of.

Maybe being some folks on here were saying Bangles today, I was reminded of another female artist of the time Belinda Carlisle, and her song Circle in the Sand?

lol we agree. It was my magnum opus. I was trying to take my mind off the stupid hangover I got from drinking earlier...I was on the wagon for quite a bit and may head back to it. I thought it would make watching the game while doing the sh*tbox more enjoyable, but it did not. I did a lengthy cleanse/then a fast, then stayed in ketosis a long time after refeeding, and I guess my body is rebelling a bit after going from clean to drinking. Im not sure how I forgot how to drink in a relatively short amount of time. Not my proudest moment, man....l.but Im still not going to shoot anyone! :)

Yeah its hard for me to go more than a few days without a beer. I love beer and there are too many to try and not enough time to try them all lol. But i will try my best.

Actually the 1st Cannon of the New Testament the Muritorian fragment, was available to churches in 170 AD, with the exception of a few books, it was most of the current NT. But that puts it at about 134 years after Jesus death, and about 75 years after Paul and even less for Timothy, and long before Constantine, The Gnostic gospels to my knowledge were proven forged, and were written around 300 to 400 AD or more, and could not have been written by those who they say they were. Anyhow being all but one diciple died Martyrs death, i don't think they would to that for anyone less than the Son of God.

I will say that i believe that the Catholic church was very corrupt, which caused reformation of the church, with Tetzel selling indulgences in order to get into heaven. They would have church service in Latin, and these people had no idea what they were worshiping. They had to do what they were told and hopes that the Pope was leading the in the right direction. Thank goodness for Martin Luther, who wasn't perfect, but had the peoples best interest in mind when writing his thesis.