Superscout

Gillislee: 3 TD's in Patriots debut

If he could have made the two 4th and 1 attempts its a different game.

You mean if he could have broken 11 tackles after his offensive line imploded?

Bills fans are getting dumber and dumber.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

You mean if he could have broken 11 tackles after his offensive line imploded?

Bills fans are getting dumber and dumber.

I should have said the team.

On at least two of his touchdowns his low leverage point and drive got the touchdowns. I not sure how many backs would have succeeded there.

As far as the BS insult - Wow! Have a nice day and walk away. Way to piss people of needlessly.

BREAKING: Average player goes to Cheatriots and has success

Successful Cheatriots player goes/traded to another team and is bad

Pattern might be developing here....

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Where were all of you when i was crying about keeping him? I even said we wouldnt use the cap space we saved by not resigning him, and look at us 7 mil under the cap

BREAKING: Average player goes to Cheatriots and has success

Successful Cheatriots player goes/traded to another team and is bad

Pattern might be developing here....

Nope he was good when he was here and he will be good where ever else he goes. Some of you don't have very good memory.

More like good player, plays well for bad team, goes to good team makes the pro bowl.

TD Mike is on his 3rd team and his career high is 101 attempts, 577 yards and 8 TD's. This is average for a RB IMO.

By comparison, Boobie Dixon career high is 105 attempts, 432 yards and 2 TD, Sammy Morris 156 attempts, 727 yards 7 td's, Shawn Bryson 158 attempts, 606 yards 3 td's, Johnathon Linton 205 attempts, 695 yards and 5 TD's.

Just my 2 Cents

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

This is not a surprise. Gillislie was a very impressive back from his 1st game as a Bill. Why Whaley though (just like with Hogan) that he wasn't worthy of a higher tender or a better offer is a mystery to me.

He should've been retained. A quality back like that is valuable to any team. Even more valuable to a team like ours that has a run oriented offense.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

If Brady is truly showing his age this year I certainly expect Gillislee to play a prominent role in the pats offense and keep racking up the TD's this year.

I should have said the team.

On at least two of his touchdowns his low leverage point and drive got the touchdowns. I not sure how many backs would have succeeded there.

As far as the BS insult - Wow! Have a nice day and walk away. Way to piss people of needlessly.

Sorry.

TD Mike is on his 3rd team and his career high is 101 attempts, 577 yards and 8 TD's. This is average for a RB IMO.

By comparison, Boobie Dixon career high is 105 attempts, 432 yards and 2 TD, Sammy Morris 156 attempts, 727 yards 7 td's, Shawn Bryson 158 attempts, 606 yards 3 td's, Johnathon Linton 205 attempts, 695 yards and 5 TD's.

If that makes you feel better...

Well, here is the thing, I am not going to get all worked up and angry at the Bills FO over players that are seemingly interchangeable. TD Mike and Hogan are nice players no doubt but that are perfect supplements to good teams. For me it is about getting the QB, then we can be pissed when a solid role player/contributor gets away. Until then, it doesn't matter.

Just my 2 Cents

Well, here is the thing, I am not going to get all worked up and angry at the Bills FO over players that are seemingly interchangeable. TD Mike and Hogan are nice players no doubt but that are perfect supplements to good teams. For me it is about getting the QB, then we can be pissed when a solid role player/contributor gets away. Until then, it doesn't matter.

And that's where you, and the Bills front office, go wrong.

You don't see the value in quality football players on your team, and the strength it provides.

If they were interchangeable, then the greatest coach in football history wouldn't have given them large contracts. He would have signed another role-player for far less and received the same production.

But Belichick knows that is not how it works.

Belichick knows that guys like Gillislee and Hogan help win championships. They may be role players, but they're VITAL role players.

And by obtaining and keeping vital role players, you set your team up for success when you find a QB.

The past two decades have been a death by a thousand cuts.

"Oh, this ONE move won't hurt"

"Losing this ONE player isn't too bad"

"That guy is JUST a role player"

And on and on.

Individually, the sentiment is correct.

But when you add them all up, you get two decades of trash.

EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the league has made the playoffs in the past 17 years except the Bills.

All of them.

Yet all of them have NOT had a QB.

Some had worse QB's than we have.

But they still made it.

The Pats last year went 3-1 with Garoppolo and Brissett.

Why?

Because they built rosters that were good and they kept quality depth players and that strong team overcame the lack of a QB.

There will be another TD Mike and Hogan when Bills finally get QB. Bellicheat has used players like this before so even he interchanges them. Look at all the RB's that have been successful in NE. How many WR's has Brady made look good. How many WR's has Aaron Rodgers made look good. Hell, GB converted a WR into a RB who is now good.

Be upset about it if you want but it is not worth getting worked up about Hogan and TD Mike, IMO.

Just my 2 Cents

There will be another TD Mike and Hogan when Bills finally get QB.

I've heard that many times before...

Bellicheat has used players like this before so even he interchanges them. Look at all the RB's that have been successful in NE. How many WR's has Brady made look good. How many WR's has Aaron Rodgers made look good. Hell, GB converted a WR into a RB who is now good.

Unless i'm forgetting something, Belichick has never paid a RB and WR like Gillislee and Hogan before (other than Moss).

This is groundbreaking.

He sees SERIOUS potential in them.

Not 2 year, $1.5 million potential.

Be upset about it if you want but it is not worth getting worked up about Hogan and TD Mike, IMO.

Death by a thousand cuts...

TD Mike is making $3.2 per year for 2 years and Hogan is making $4 per year for 3 years. I am not sure those are groundbreaking contracts there. What will be interesting to see is if Hogan and TD mike are on Cheatriots next year. It will be Hogans 3rd and TD Mike's 2nd and the last year for both which is where their $ balloons and caused Bills to not match. If both are cut, they will have made much less than their initial contracts.

Death by 1000 cuts is obsessing over TD mike and Hogan....

Just my 2 Cents

Yes but Gillislee had 5.7 yd avg that year. Funny how you left that one stat out. What was Dixons, morris, linton ect in comparison? Funny how you left now one of the most important stats, just one line over was the avg per run.

No issue at all with NOT keeping the most expensive backup in the NFL lol.

Why what was your plans with the 6mil? Because the Bills are 7mil under the cap.

Did you want to make sure Pegs saved a few dollars? Because i could careless about Pegs money if hes not putting it into the team lol

Why what was your plans with the 6mil? Because the Bills are 7mil under the cap.

Did you want to make sure Pegs saved a few dollars? Because i could careless about Pegs money if hes not putting it into the team lol

Carry it over to next year. They can do that, you know? It's all about next year.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

MG was a fantasy darling, getting in the end zone. He looked good on a couple of longer runs. I don't know why they didn't use him as a feature back... looked like he was poised for 150 yds. That being said... he is not a goal-line back... give credit to Pats line plus it isn't supposed to be that hard to get a yard. He was unable to punch through on those 4th and shorts. NE has 4 running backs... none of them are for short yardage and White, Lewis, and Burkhead all seem like the same type of back (pass catchers).

Inactive Mike might get cut.

Last year, New England signed running back Mike Gillislee to a two-year, $6.4 million contract and sent a fifth-round draft pick to Buffalo to acquire him as a restricted free agent. This year, Gillislee is in danger of not making the Patriots’ roster.

The Patriots are likely to keep four or five running backs, and three of them — Rex Burkhead, James White and first-round draft pick Sony Michel — are locks. Gillislee, Jeremy Hill, Brandon Bolden and undrafted free agent Ralph Webb will all be competing to make the roster, according to Mike Reiss of ESPN.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/06/mike-gillislee-in-danger-of-not-making-patriots-roster/

Just my 2 Cents