LiterateStylish

Dolphins lose their bye week - Have to play 16 straight

The Dolphins can blow me....I live down here

They design a roof for their stadium specially designed placing opposing teams in the blazing heat while the Dolphins sit in the shade EVERY FREAKING GAME

Hope they are all beat-up and tired when the play us twice at the end of the season.

They design a roof for their stadium specially designed placing opposing teams in the blazing heat while the Dolphins sit in the shade EVERY FREAKING GAME

Smart

I am surprised the NFLPA went for this. Maybe fins didn't want to lose a home game? It has happened before though. I heard a theory that NFL could have had Bills play Bics this Sunday and Miami play Jets this sunday and then swap the same games later in the season as Bills play Bucs same week Miami plays Jets so Bills would have played Jets later in season. Probably would never fly this close to game but interesting theory.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Bye weeks are the most overrated aspect of the NFL, after all it's not like they have helped the Bills in the last 17 years and I got tired of the excuses about how the Bills always seem to play a handful of teams coming of their bye weeks years ago.

In fact going further, most teams that get the bye in the playoffs in recent years end up losing to lower seeded wildcard teams at home.

Bye weeks are the most overrated aspect of the NFL, after all it's not like they have helped the Bills in the last 17 years and I got tired of the excuses about how the Bills always seem to play a handful of teams coming of their bye weeks years ago.

In fact going further, most teams that get the bye in the playoffs in recent years end up losing to lower seeded wildcard teams at home.

You are missing the point completely on why NFL has bye weeks. Winning or losing coming out of the bye week is not the reason they have them.

They put it in for 2 reasons.

1. to extend numbers of weeks NFL can sell NFL football to tv networks to maximize profit. Which was an easy sell as both owners and players share.

2. to give players a break to reduce mental fatigue/physical toll and increase healing.(since they have no built in all-star break like some other sports)

PS: it is a factor that GOOD teams coming out of a bye week tend to beat the next team they play that played the week before. So contrary to your opinion it is not a big factor, it is in many instances.

and your comment that most playoff bye teams lose at home is simply inaccurate.

cba fan

Huh?

The Patriots always have a Bye and have been to the Super Bowl like 20 times.

And teams with a playoff bye win 74% of the time.

Also, the Bye has nothing to do with W's and L's.

It has to do with resting a players body. And money.

But the impact that the rest has on the body is huge.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Every NFL stadium(and college and high school) not a dome, places the sun field on the opposing sideline. Same as New Era does. All Bills fans know if you want a fall sunburn to sit on the Jim Kelly club side. And cover your neck if you sit on Bills side if you are far down enough that upper deck is not shadowing you.

cba fan

Every NFL stadium(and college and high school) not a dome, places the sun field on the opposing sideline. Same as New Era does. All Bills fans know if you want a fall sunburn to sit on the Jim Kelly club side. And cover your neck if you sit on Bills side if you are far down enough that upper deck is not shadowing you.

What Phins did, if I remember it correctly, is build the roof so that the visitor side fans are blocked from the sun but the players on the sideline are not.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

it sucks because Miami always has those stupid early week 5 bye weeks. they finally get a late-season bye... and it's cancelled. oh well.

I am a Dolphins fan. ;)

It felt dirty taking Jay Ajayi with the 14th overall pick in my fantasy draft but it was the right move.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

It felt dirty taking Jay Ajayi with the 14th overall pick in my fantasy draft but it was the right move.

It legit bothers me every time I draft a fucking patriot. This year I ended up with Brady and Gronk.

I am a Dolphins fan. ;)

It legit bothers me every time I draft a fucking patriot. This year I ended up with Brady and Gronk.

Yeah man. Me too. I took their D. I think their D is going to be great piggy backing off their offense. But i hated doing it.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg