SabresAllTheWay

McDermott's 'training camp lite' not a good sign for Bills staying in Rochester

With the 18th edition of Buffalo Bills training camp kicking off Thursday at St. John Fisher College, the buzz phrase fans will hear a lot is “Don’t blink, you might miss it.’’

And, I might add, “You might miss it for good.’’

At 13 days, this camp is not only the shortest held in Rochester but the shortest in the franchise’s 58-year history. Makes you wonder if the Mayflower drivers will even bother to turn off their engines.

But there’s more.

With just one evening practice, that on the very first day, and most open practices starting at 8:45 a.m., this camp was designed by new coach Sean McDermott to be team-friendly, not fan-friendly.

He doesn’t even plan to speak to the media every day.

Clearly, McDermott’s “training camp lite’’ was designed to get down to business — and then get out of town.

Full Story...

$(KGrHqRHJEEE+WUp8yGCBQZli1sdBw~~60_35.JPG

Good, hopefully less injuries. I don't think the idea of more practice days/night practice, or even in the time of antiquated two-a-days, provide such an increased tangible benefit.

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."

Times change, players' needs change. Whatever they need or feel is best is fine with me. Today's player, with few exceptions, is training constantly when the season is over.

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

Good, hopefully less injuries. I don't think the idea of more practice days/night practice, or even in the time of antiquated two-a-days, provide such an increased tangible benefit.

I dont buy this. The worst way to get ready for a long grueling marathon of a season is to train lightly. The less practices there is in the NFL, the more injuries that seem to happen every year.

My favorite baseball team did this with all their pitchers this season, throw less, dont throw too much, protect the prized arms. 6 of of their 7 starters has been hurt.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

The practice schedule doesn't mean they aren't working in other ways. It seems like training camp had morphed into a fan fest. There are plenty of events for fans, and training camp shouldn't be one of them. The team should be able to focus and work on getting ready for the season. Welcomed change.

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

I feel bad for people who enjoyed going to training camp but if it helps us win games, I'm all for it. Don't have a clue if it will or not but to paraphrase George Costanza: if everything they've done is wrong, then the opposite...

Could this be a good sign regarding the involvement, or lack there of, of Russ Bramdon?

I don't see them leaving St. John Fisher any time soon but you never know.

They have a contract in place that goes through 2021 but I'm sure the Pegulas can buy out of that if need be.

I know that the people of Rochester enjoy having the practice here and the team in the area.

Also I like the 8:30 practice because my kids are morning people lol