I did not write this, it came from another page but God I wish I had. There was no link to share it so I'm just going to copy and paste it

Dear America,

Hi, I'm Linda, I live in Perth Western Australia and there is something I want you to know.

We know it's not your fault. At the end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016, we visited your country and travelled through 26 States and did 8545 miles. The entire time we were travelling we did not meet one person who we feel represents the horror that is Trump. Now I won't refer to him as a President because to earn that title, one needs to be presidential.

Trump has tapped into a section of Americans who are looking to blame someone for where they are, now admittedly I do not know a huge amount about politics but I do know a lot about being a human. And with that in mind instead of saying "Not my President", I think you should say "Not my human".

Your country is an idea, it's a doctrine, it was built on the idea of religious freedom, of free speech and equal rights. That is the US we saw.

On our travels we visited Gettysburg. My son who was 13 at the time had to do a project on a famous leader. I still have no idea why but he chose Lincoln, well obviously after that it was then agreed upon we had to visit the most sacred of places when talking of Lincoln and that is the place where he gave his now famous address. Now imagine if you will a family from Australia, Perth, a small city, about one and a half million, rocking up in the middle of January to a place where a president of another country, announced that all are equal. For me standing at where they think the address was given was once of the most magical moments of our journey, tears in my eyes, I stood thinking of all the blood that had been shed and the incredible courage it must have taken Lincoln to say those words. My son knows an incredible amount about Lincoln and it really was a highlight for him to visit this sacred site. I have placed a photo below.

There were two other places I was reduced to tears, and probably before even telling you, I'm assuming 99.9% have already guessed. Ground zero in New York and the Memorial at the Pentagon. As I stood at the pools in NY I was struck by the how close the buildings were together and I struggled to comprehend how the death toll was only 3000. Through my tears I explained to my children that terrible day that the innocence of the world was stolen, and how so many many heroes were made and how some of those heroes were lost in trying to save others. We met this guide in the memorial, he was only one of 11 of his fire brigade unit that survived. He talked to my then 13 and 16 old children about the day and explained that how after 14 years he was finally able to return to work in the form of a volunteer after suffering from survivors guilt and PTSD for so long.

Ok so why am I telling you all this. Because I want you to remember that the USA is bigger than Trump, yes he is doing some damage to your reputation, but don't you dare stop fighting. The idea of America is worth fighting for.

I'd like to finish with telling you about our last evening in America. We originally flew into NYC, spent 6 days there, then flew to LA, picked up a car and then drove back across to Michigan for Xmas, down to Florida then back up the East Coast to fly back home via Dubai. After already seeing one basketball ball game at Madison Square Gardens I begged and grovelled to my husband to let us see another game on our last night. So the plan, a Nicks game, the Empire State Building then back to finish packing the some 160kg we had managed to assemble.

It was Martin Luther King Day and they had this group called the "Blind Men from Alabama" doing the Anthem. Now I am a very patriotic person and sing my anthem with pride and gusto, but it's not often that listening to my anthem will move me to tears, unless it's the winning of a medal or something like that. Well, as soon as the first words were spoken, it was clear this wasn't going to be any old anthem. I literally had tears streaming down my face, and whilst I had no idea of the words, I stood proud listening to that anthem and reflected on how quickly my family and I had come to love your country and how we cannot wait to return and continue where we left off.

Do not give up, the America you believe in still exists in your hearts and in the hearts of all of those who have ever had the honour to visit your amazing country.

My hubby and I are thinking maybe end of 2018, although seeing that they might be checking social media accounts, it may have to wait till he's gone 😂. We are also broke still from the last trip so I may need to wait a little longer, kind of went crazy at Disney.

We are in unison with you, you are not a laughing stock, your government is, but fortunately being a democracy you can get rid of him.

So stay strong, remember the ideals of America and feel comforted by the knowledge that approximately 6 billion people are on your side.

Kindest Regards

Linda Harrup

Perth, Western Australia

I just wanted to make one addition. If you have not already seen this, then please watch this scene from the West Wing. Let it remind you that you are the American Heroes ♥️♥️♥️

[video=youtube_share;hqVWqTFU5Nk]

I would never presume to tell Australia who they should elect for Prime Minister. Nor would I render an opinion about such unless directly solicited by an Australian citizen. I don't know their country. I don't know their circumstances.

I refuse to even read the whole post. The gall.

I refuse to even read the whole post. The gall.

Then you really have no reason to say anything about it

I just read the entire thing. I stand by my post. Apparently, I did get the meaning of the article.

How is my point invalid?

Who is she to tell us who our president should be? Who is this Australian to tell us what it takes to be an American? What a con. I'm sick of foreigners meddling in American politics.

I marvel at the cacophany of your silence. ... And there you go. Just because someone renders an opinion you agree with does not necessarily mean they are an appropriate source. Forgive my split infinitive.

Who is she to tell us who our president should be? Who is this Australian to tell us what it takes to be an American? What a con. I'm sick of foreigners meddling in American politics.

She's not "telling us who our President should be", she's expressing her opinion, you know people ARE allowed to do that, based on her experience here in the US and seeing what's happening in Washington. Who the hell are you to say she can't do that?

Hipkat, she is free to do so; she is also free to suffer the resentment that it will engender.

But Maine-iac's post actually asks who the person thinks they are to lecture us. That is a fair point. He never indicated that the person 'not be allowed'.

I believe international relations are better served by holding restraint with one's opinions. Blindly joining lockstep with people whose opinions happen to agree completely with yours accomplishes nothing.

Sans split infinitive this time.

Unless they are on the right. Which would make them right. Lol

So I should care what a citizen of a country over 9,000 miles away, with 1/14th the GDP of the US, thinks about us? Sorry, I'm having a real hard time caring.

I just talked to a guy from Bulgaria, that thinks Trump is doing a good job. Maybe, I should start a thread. Right? Who the hell cares?

You that was in 1788 you Nimrod

That was a joke because of what Joe said. The other stuff I meant.

I did not write this, it came from another page but God I wish I had. There was no link to share it so I'm just going to copy and paste it

Dear America,

Hi, I'm Linda, I live in Perth Western Australia and there is something I want you to know.

We know it's not your fault. At the end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016, we visited your country and travelled through 26 States and did 8545 miles. The entire time we were travelling we did not meet one person who we feel represents the horror that is Trump. Now I won't refer to him as a President because to earn that title, one needs to be presidential.

Trump has tapped into a section of Americans who are looking to blame someone for where they are, now admittedly I do not know a huge amount about politics but I do know a lot about being a human. And with that in mind instead of saying "Not my President", I think you should say "Not my human".

Your country is an idea, it's a doctrine, it was built on the idea of religious freedom, of free speech and equal rights. That is the US we saw.

On our travels we visited Gettysburg. My son who was 13 at the time had to do a project on a famous leader. I still have no idea why but he chose Lincoln, well obviously after that it was then agreed upon we had to visit the most sacred of places when talking of Lincoln and that is the place where he gave his now famous address. Now imagine if you will a family from Australia, Perth, a small city, about one and a half million, rocking up in the middle of January to a place where a president of another country, announced that all are equal. For me standing at where they think the address was given was once of the most magical moments of our journey, tears in my eyes, I stood thinking of all the blood that had been shed and the incredible courage it must have taken Lincoln to say those words. My son knows an incredible amount about Lincoln and it really was a highlight for him to visit this sacred site. I have placed a photo below.

There were two other places I was reduced to tears, and probably before even telling you, I'm assuming 99.9% have already guessed. Ground zero in New York and the Memorial at the Pentagon. As I stood at the pools in NY I was struck by the how close the buildings were together and I struggled to comprehend how the death toll was only 3000. Through my tears I explained to my children that terrible day that the innocence of the world was stolen, and how so many many heroes were made and how some of those heroes were lost in trying to save others. We met this guide in the memorial, he was only one of 11 of his fire brigade unit that survived. He talked to my then 13 and 16 old children about the day and explained that how after 14 years he was finally able to return to work in the form of a volunteer after suffering from survivors guilt and PTSD for so long.

Ok so why am I telling you all this. Because I want you to remember that the USA is bigger than Trump, yes he is doing some damage to your reputation, but don't you dare stop fighting. The idea of America is worth fighting for.

I'd like to finish with telling you about our last evening in America. We originally flew into NYC, spent 6 days there, then flew to LA, picked up a car and then drove back across to Michigan for Xmas, down to Florida then back up the East Coast to fly back home via Dubai. After already seeing one basketball ball game at Madison Square Gardens I begged and grovelled to my husband to let us see another game on our last night. So the plan, a Nicks game, the Empire State Building then back to finish packing the some 160kg we had managed to assemble.

It was Martin Luther King Day and they had this group called the "Blind Men from Alabama" doing the Anthem. Now I am a very patriotic person and sing my anthem with pride and gusto, but it's not often that listening to my anthem will move me to tears, unless it's the winning of a medal or something like that. Well, as soon as the first words were spoken, it was clear this wasn't going to be any old anthem. I literally had tears streaming down my face, and whilst I had no idea of the words, I stood proud listening to that anthem and reflected on how quickly my family and I had come to love your country and how we cannot wait to return and continue where we left off.

Do not give up, the America you believe in still exists in your hearts and in the hearts of all of those who have ever had the honour to visit your amazing country.

My hubby and I are thinking maybe end of 2018, although seeing that they might be checking social media accounts, it may have to wait till he's gone 😂. We are also broke still from the last trip so I may need to wait a little longer, kind of went crazy at Disney.

We are in unison with you, you are not a laughing stock, your government is, but fortunately being a democracy you can get rid of him.

So stay strong, remember the ideals of America and feel comforted by the knowledge that approximately 6 billion people are on your side.

Kindest Regards

Linda Harrup

Perth, Western Australia

I just wanted to make one addition. If you have not already seen this, then please watch this scene from the West Wing. Let it remind you that you are the American Heroes ♥️♥️♥️

[video=youtube_share;hqVWqTFU5Nk]

Garbage.

I stopped after the 4th sentence that said something about the horror of Trump. What horror? The last President was involved in more wars/military actions than any President in US history. That leads to a lot of death amd horrific injuries, that ruin soldiers and their friends and families...as well as HUGE amounts of wasted tax dollars. So far Trump has avoided that, and even his Syria strike was a clever ploy to get the media to praise him, without actually doing any damage. The guy ran against foreign wars, and also realizes the war on drugs and some of these other foolish domestic wars would be better off just ended(per an old quote of his).

Simple summary of this Australian(who does not represent that country, who also is suffering from the same parasites that run our country behind the scenes) : She got he news from the establishment media narrative, or from other people who did. An easy way to spot such people is anyone who thinks Trump is more of a warmongerer than Hillary Clinton, who is hellbent on zionist/NWO regime change, the same as neocons. Chump's biggest enemy is the parisite son in law, Jared Kushner, who supports the same agenda as Hillary and other globalists.

Trivia question: What do the son of laws of both Presidential candidates have in common? This might be a "lights on" moment to help some of you connect the dots in understanding who drives American foreign and domestic policy. Glad that Chump stood up to his daughter and her slimy husband, Kushner, on the global warming treaty. Now it's time for him to start keeping some of his promises that aligned with the Constitution(less war, do something about the illegals, cut taxes and spending). His biggest let down hasnt been the promises some ridicule, it's been not living up to said promises, and not showing any priority in doing so.

And for folks bitching about the wall, what do you hypocrites think about the occupied nation of Palestine, and the theft of their land, the WALL there, and the gross apartheid that even Nelson Mandela vehemently condemned? Yeah, you dont hear about it in US media, because the establishment media(including entertainment) is owned by...

It is sad that there are people who clearly were unable to derive the true meaning behind the letter. The sub-context was that the America we experienced is a very different one to what there is now. And before those of you jump on the oh she just watches the bias media, I actually used Fox to follow the primaries and presidential campaign. That is because Fox had the most comprehensive coverage. I became very familiar with Fox and Friends interlude with the singing and the promotion of Fox ideas. This is how I learnt what he is up to because unlike CNN, Fox here in Australia showed 24/7 Trump. So let's get that clear Fox educated me on Trumps behaviour not the fake media.

Second, I find it bizarre that you would dwell on a section of my letter that discusses politics not the section where I told you all the great things about your country. We visited 26 states and not once did we see the nasty behaviour that has been displayed on Fox News, yes they have been reporting the nasty Trump as well. Why must a person live in a country to make observations, I was not instructing you who to vote for nor was I telling you who you should support. I do not like Trump, there were several Republican nominees that I did like, not necessarily all their policies but I found them as a person much nicer than Trump. Personally I had a soft spot for Jeb Bush, I think at least he genuinely wanted to do things for the country and not himself. The way Trump treated him was appalling and just down right mean.

Now should you care what I think, no, like someone said our GDP is much lower than yours, yet somehow we manage to have free top level healthcare for every Australian. We get a minimum of 4 weeks annual leave each year. A compulsory 9-11% of our wage payed by our employer into our pension fund, and every ten years people get at least 6 weeks long service leave. A mandatory 14 weeks maternity leave paid to each mother or if the mother dies the father can get it on top of the maternity leave from our employer which is usually 6 months on full pay. We also get prescription items for $3-5 once the family reaches $1500 for the year.

So no I don't care what you think, I'm genuinely very happy with the status of my own country which because of our tiny tiny GDP managed to withstand the GFC and in fact we grew and particularly in my state we have the highest pays in the country. For example me as a classroom teacher receive $89,000 US a year plus 11 weeks holiday and next year I get my 13 weeks long service leave after working for 10 years for the same employer.

My letter was to remind people that your country is an idea worth fighting for, that is how we Australians managed to get where we are. Oh and yes we were colonised by "crims", but better to be colonised by one rather than having one run our country.

It is sad that there are people who clearly were unable to derive the true meaning behind the letter. The sub-context was that the America we experienced is a very different one to what there is now. And before those of you jump on the oh she just watches the bias media, I actually used Fox to follow the primaries and presidential campaign. That is because Fox had the most comprehensive coverage. I became very familiar with Fox and Friends interlude with the singing and the promotion of Fox ideas. This is how I learnt what he is up to because unlike CNN, Fox here in Australia showed 24/7 Trump. So let's get that clear Fox educated me on Trumps behaviour not the fake media.

Second, I find it bizarre that you would dwell on a section of my letter that discusses politics not the section where I told you all the great things about your country. We visited 26 states and not once did we see the nasty behaviour that has been displayed on Fox News, yes they have been reporting the nasty Trump as well. Why must a person live in a country to make observations, I was not instructing you who to vote for nor was I telling you who you should support. I do not like Trump, there were several Republican nominees that I did like, not necessarily all their policies but I found them as a person much nicer than Trump. Personally I had a soft spot for Jeb Bush, I think at least he genuinely wanted to do things for the country and not himself. The way Trump treated him was appalling and just down right mean.

Now should you care what I think, no, like someone said our GDP is much lower than yours, yet somehow we manage to have free top level healthcare for every Australian. We get a minimum of 4 weeks annual leave each year. A compulsory 9-11% of our wage payed by our employer into our pension fund, and every ten years people get at least 6 weeks long service leave. A mandatory 14 weeks maternity leave paid to each mother or if the mother dies the father can get it on top of the maternity leave from our employer which is usually 6 months on full pay. We also get prescription items for $3-5 once the family reaches $1500 for the year.

So no I don't care what you think, I'm genuinely very happy with the status of my own country which because of our tiny tiny GDP managed to withstand the GFC and in fact we grew and particularly in my state we have the highest pays in the country. For example me as a classroom teacher receive $89,000 US a year plus 11 weeks holiday and next year I get my 13 weeks long service leave after working for 10 years for the same employer.

My letter was to remind people that your country is an idea worth fighting for, that is how we Australians managed to get where we are. Oh and yes we were colonised by "crims", but better to be colonised by one rather than having one run our country.

I don't know how you found your way here, but thank you!!!

i had to look up split infinitive:

a construction consisting of an infinitive with an adverb or other word inserted between to and the verb, e.g., she seems to really like it.

i still dont know what it is

Now I'm calling BS. That same tourist finds their way to this site to back up the letter you posted...BS!

yeah but whoever it is still did a great job

and it is possible that she was just searching for commentary on her piece and landed here

Now I'm calling BS. That same tourist finds their way to this site to back up the letter you posted...BS!

Are you really that confused? It's reasonably easy to do if you program the right algorithm.

Is it the fact that I am replying to you that is disturbing or the fact I was able to join this site.

Ironically the same democracy that entitles you to your opinion also entitles others to join this site.

Once again I put to you, why were you so quick to criticise a letter that high lighted the great things about your country.

Why are you insistent to focus on the one paragraph where I have mentioned Trump and disregarded the positive.

This is the Trump Paradox, the innate ability to love and hate at the same time. It is genuinely a political paradigm I am unfamiliar with.