bigvinny

McDermott concerned about Charles Clay's knees.

Good think we "stole" him from Miami...and good think Whaley gave him that huge deal.

billslogo.jpg

I imagine the new coaching staff will do what the last one did. They will keep him limited throughout the week so he is good to go for Sunday's.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I imagine the new coaching staff will do what the last one did. They will keep him limited throughout the week so he is good to go for Sunday's.

You cant limit knees.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

McDermott said it but I don't understand what there is to gain in saying it. We're giving leverage to Barnidge or a team we might attempt to trade with for a TE. Perhaps this (possible starter) would give Barnidge incentive to sign? why not keep it "close to the vest"? Whaley and Murray were too transparent on most things. Did Whaley only lie about health issues and the owner? Perhaps, Clay's offseason will be very limited with knees as an explanation. I'm all for his getting treatment and doing rehab so he can contribute on Sundays. This is very puzzling and disturbing.

A weird statement as Clay has been durable, productive (for a TE with a bad QB) and played a large portion of the offensive snaps.

“We are concerned with Charles’ knee situation,” McDermott said, via the Buffalo News. “It’s something we have to manage moving forward in order to have him on the field for us, which is important moving forward. He’s a weapon for us.”

The knee didn’t keep Clay off the field much last season as he played nearly 82 percent of the team’s offensive snaps. Top backup Nick O’Leary was at 35 percent and they are short on other experienced players at the position, which provides plenty of reason to take it easy with Clay whenever possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/25/bills-concerned-with-charles-clays-knee-situation/

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

A weird statement as Clay has been durable, productive (for a TE with a bad QB) and played a large portion of the offensive snaps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/25/bills-concerned-with-charles-clays-knee-situation/

Not weird at all.

The Miami doctors said this when we got him.

It's why Miami didn't match.

There's a reason why McDermott said it bud...

What's that going to do? Stretch his time frame from 1 year to 1 and 1/4 year?

All he has to do is make it through this season. If he is then designated as a June 1st cut, the dead cap isn't that bad.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

All he has to do is make it through this season. If he is then designated as a June 1st cut, the dead cap isn't that bad.

That would make him one of thee worst signings Whaley ever had.

How bad was the contract Whaley signed Clay to?

Well, he makes more than:

Greg Olsen

Jason Witten

Julius Thomas

Antonio Gates

Jared Cook

Vernon Davis

Delanie Walker

Dwayne Allen

Jermaine Gresham

And by the end of this year, the Bills will have paid him nearly $30 million for only 3 seasons.

If you have been paying attention, he is always limited in practice and has missed games. His knees limit what he is able to do and it has been pretty obvious to me....

If you have been paying attention, he is always limited in practice and has missed games. His knees limit what he is able to do and it has been pretty obvious to me....

Shhh...

Let the homers believe their nonsense.

The Coach might also be sending a public message to Clay that he needs to get his act together in the training room.

McDermott said it but I don't understand what there is to gain in saying it. We're giving leverage to Barnidge or a team we might attempt to trade with for a TE. Perhaps this (possible starter) would give Barnidge incentive to sign? why not keep it "close to the vest"? Whaley and Murray were too transparent on most things. Did Whaley only lie about health issues and the owner? Perhaps, Clay's offseason will be very limited with knees as an explanation. I'm all for his getting treatment and doing rehab so he can contribute on Sundays. This is very puzzling and disturbing.

June 1st cut?

Everybody knew he had bad knees when we signed him, but to come out and talk about it like this, at this time of the year? That's unusual to say the least. I don't know if we'd gain anything by cutting him after June 1st, but that's the only reason I see for McDermott saying this now.

The Coach might also be sending a public message to Clay that he needs to get his act together in the training room.

I think this was totally done to send a message. If they end up having to cut him the Bill's already explained why. There's a reason why they were looking at guys like Jared Cook in the off-season

June 1st cut?

Everybody knew he had bad knees when we signed him, but to come out and talk about it like this, at this time of the year? That's unusual to say the least. I don't know if we'd gain anything by cutting him after June 1st, but that's the only reason I see for McDermott saying this now.

deadcap (13.5 mil) would kill us... a net hit of 4.5 mil

I hope we make good use of the extra 1st next year--OJ Howard was there for the taking--believe the Bucs got him between the 10th pick and where we ended up--guys the size of a barn with a huge wing span--any QB's safety net--you would literally have to hit the hospitality tent for him not to catch it.

Draft wish list:

1-WR Corey Davis Western Michigan--pick 5 Titans

2-S Obi Melifonwu Connecticut--2nd round--pick 56 Raiders

3-CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson--3rd round--pick 97 Dolphins

5-LB Connor Harris Lindenwood--undrafted--picked up by Jets

5-OL Conor McDermott UCLA--6th round--pick 211 Patriots-claimed off waivers by Bills

6-QB Chad Kelly Ole Miss--Mr irrelevant--Broncos

I hope we make good use of the extra 1st next year--OJ Howard was there for the taking--believe the Bucs got him between the 10th pick and where we ended up--guys the size of a barn with a huge wing span--any QB's safety net--you would literally have to hit the hospitality tent for him not to catch it.

I like Howard too but the bills were targeting a corner in the 1st round. They would have taken Marshon Lattimore at 10 if they didn't trade down. 2018 they will go after the franchise qb.

I mentioned this TWO YEARS AGO.

Everyone mocked me.

Said i'm crazy.

What now bitches?

You being right about this and you being crazy are mutually exclusive considerations.

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius