Bills vs Chiefs UPDATE

Reports are that if Milano plays, it will be in specialized roles and in a limited capacity.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg.da8eee644e58a6e2caeea5d2940d9df8.jpg.902c81312093b75352203b6fe1655549.jpg

Meathead

Report: Alabama cornerback Marlon Humphrey visited Bills

He would be good in a zone scheme with time to develop into a solid man cover guy down the line.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

There is no denying that CB is one of our greatest needs and this would be a solid pick. The best CB, of course, will be long gone by #10. If that's the direction OBD wants to go, no argument here.

Fills a need and seems like a solid pick. No problems with that.

However, with Whaley and his love for top end talent I would expect him to draft one of the players who is projected to go at the top of the draft but falls to us for some reason rather than take a guy like Humphrey who might be projected to go a little lower.

Typical Bills.

Draft a first round cornerback to replace the first round cornerback they let walk.

JD Williams became Thomas Smith then Jeff Burris who became Antoine Winfield who became Nate Clements who became Leodis McKelvin and then came along Stephon Gilmore.

If they valued CB so much, maybe they should try retaining the ones they draft instead of using a high first round pick on CB. By doing that they could use that first round capital to use or package to say draft ... oh I don't know ... an elite QB!?!?!

7 CBs taken in the first round in 26 years.

2 QBs taken in the first round during that same time.

16 years without the playoffs.

Typical Bills.

Draft a first round cornerback to replace the first round cornerback they let walk.

JD Williams became Thomas Smith then Jeff Burris who became Antoine Winfield who became Nate Clements who became Leodis McKelvin and then came along Stephon Gilmore.

If they valued CB so much, maybe they should try retaining the ones they draft instead of using a high first round pick on CB. By doing that they could use that first round capital to use or package to say draft ... oh I don't know ... an elite QB!?!?!

Gilmore was nowhere good enough to warrant the amount of money he was demanding, especially considering our cap situation. He was burned far too often and was not much of a tackler. I would have preferred to keep him but the price was just too high.

Gilmore was nowhere good enough to warrant the amount of money he was demanding, especially considering our cap situation. He was burned far too often and was not much of a tackler. I would have preferred to keep him but the price was just too high.

Save this post and just replace "Gilmore" with "Humphrey" in 5 years time if the Bills draft him and don't resign him after his rookie contract expires.

The point is the Bills have highly valued a position, like CB in the first round, show little willingness to resign them yet are scared shitless to get aggressive and draft a QB over and over again until they get it right!

And when they do show a semblance of ballz they fuck it all up by drafting the 4th QB after 3 likely hall of farmers were selected before. Didn't want to get too aggressive to get the right QB?!? WTF! They were happy enough to keep first round picks so they could draft a CB (or RB) which they don't resign after their rookie contract (or trade away for pennies on the dollar see Lynch, Marshawn).

The point is the Bills have highly valued a position, like CB in the first round, show little willingness to resign them yet are scared shitless to get aggressive and draft a QB over and over again until they get it right!

And when they do show a semblance of ballz they fuck it all up by drafting the 4th QB after 3 likely hall of farmers were selected before. Didn't want to get too aggressive to get the right QB?!? WTF! They were happy enough to keep first round picks so they could draft a CB (or RB) which they don't resign after their rookie contract (or trade away for pennies on the dollar see Lynch, Marshawn).

I know it's a typo but "hall of FARMERS" is pretty funny. Which 3 are you referring to?

There are no sure fire franchise QBs this year but we may see Watson or Trubisky in the first round or Mahomes in the second. It sounds like McDermott is bringing a very different mindset to the Bills.

I have no problem letting Gilmore walk at that price tag.

I also have no problem filling the cb spot with the #10 pick if they feel he will be a true #1 lock down corner.

The past is the past. We need to fill the holes in this roster. Just because we drafted a cb a few years ago should not keep us from passing on someone that you have at the top of your draft board.

Personally I don't value the position of cb as highly as some other people do, especially in a defense that plays a lot of zone.

I'm more of a believer in building the defense around the d-line rather than the secondary.

Sure, teams like Seattle go against this philosophy but without a dline pressuring the qb no matter how good the secondary is they are going to get picked apart.

7 CBs taken in the first round in 26 years.

2 QBs taken in the first round during that same time.

16 years without the playoffs.

Should we take a RB in round one this year? Lol

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg