With McCoy getting to the twilight of his career due to his constant injuries would you trade him for picks and draft Fournette or Cook at ten

Hell no...you dont let a top 5 back go without his replacement already on the roster. He was consistently a threat all season. Yes he missed a game or two and still put up another 1000+ yard season playing without the offenses stud watkins...we need to fill holes not create them.

With McCoy getting to the twilight of his career due to his constant injuries would you trade him for picks and draft Fournette or Cook at ten

I would trade McCoy IF IT MAKES THE TEAM BETTER.

I would trade anyone if it makes the total team better.

But you trade contracts, not players, so McCoy's contract puts a kibosh on doing a trade.

Build the OLine...

No I wouldn't trade him right now because McCoy WAS OUR ENTIRE OFFENSE last year.They can get at least one more year out of him,maybe 2?

Lol so dumb. Because drafting RBs in round one (3 times now during the drought) has gotten us where exactly?

Derrrppp.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

How can I put this

the guy is locker room challenged

he is a legend in his own mind

IMO not a team player

Tough call--if you keep him for a couple more years you stay competitive but after that get nothing--if you trade him you get something that will help down the road but watching the Bills lose a lot next year would be tough--but you would get a potential "franchise QB" at the draft--but no guarantee--I'm stumped.

Draft wish list:

1-WR Corey Davis Western Michigan--pick 5 Titans

2-S Obi Melifonwu Connecticut--2nd round--pick 56 Raiders

3-CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson--3rd round--pick 97 Dolphins

5-LB Connor Harris Lindenwood--undrafted--picked up by Jets

5-OL Conor McDermott UCLA--6th round--pick 211 Patriots-claimed off waivers by Bills

6-QB Chad Kelly Ole Miss--Mr irrelevant--Broncos

What do you think you're going to get for a 29yo RB with a fat contract, in a passing league, in a year with arguably the best RB draft class in years? All while AP sits in free agency so you wouldn't have to give up picks...I just don't understand some people.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I LOVE watching McCoy play. Love it. He's a star and we've had that so rarely here.

That said, I'd certainly trade him b/c RBs just don't mean shit. They don't. Especially (potentially) in the system we are going to be running. The list of RBs that have flourished in this Kubiak style offense is long. Feels like you can plug in a one-cut runner and get 1200 yards out of him. Maybe McCoy can go for 1600 but what difference would it make?

That said, it's what we pay him that pisses me off. I think his cap hit is almost 10M. For 10M I think it'd be better value if we had a 2M RB, and an 8M LB or CB.

What could we get for him though? A draft pick in the 3rd round at best? The odds of that single player that we get with that pick being better than McCoy are slim to none. It would basically be a salary dump and probably no other teams are silly enough to pay him.

We're stuck. Stuck with a really good player...but stuck.

You take McCoy off this team last year and they'd struggle to score 20 a game.

His trade value is limited based on his age and position but he's too valuable to part with for a mid round pick.

Now if it comes down to a player for player swap, sure maybe that makes more sense.

Maybe you get a team like the Giants, GB, or Philly who think they're close enough to contention that adding Shady would make sense in terms of being a contender and maybe they would swap out a position player of value. I just don't see it though, hard to deal expensive running backs in today's NFL.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Anyone is tradeable if the return is right. McCoy should only be traded if the return adresses a need and makes the team better. No lateral trades 1 for 1, but a trade of 1 for 1.5+ should be considered.

For the right price, everyone on this team is expendable.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

I honestly don't think you would get enough for him. There are RBs available. The draft for RBs looks good this year. Rookie RBs can contribute first year. That being said, It could mean you could replace him with a decent RB, but I am thinking I wouldn't trade him this year, unless I thought he didn't have the passion to play this year for this team and the new coaching staff. He is going to have to play through injuries, and the passion for the team and to win (even when you are around 500) is what gets you to play through injuries.