Sign in to follow this  
Guinnessron

What up with Listenbee?

I don't really follow college ball closely. SO my question to experts is: Colby Listenbee is clearly expected to fill the role Goodwin was SUPPOSED to. Is there hope that he actually IS more than Goodwin ever proved to be?

He's a pretty big unknown in my mind, as he literally didn't even practice once last year. There's no doubt he's a burner, and it wouldn't take much to be a better receiver than Goodwin.

I'm by no means excited about him, but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on this offseason. If he can prove to be an occasional viable deep threat and can stay healthy, he'll be useful.

Kolby Listenbee. 6th round draft pick. Yet to play a snap in the NFL, including training camp or preseason.

So basically there is nothing to go on. FYI. Goodwin was a 3rd round pick. Marcus Easley was a 4th round pick. Listenbee was a 6th round pick and Dezmin Lewis was a 7th round pick. That should give you an idea.

I don't care that much about a guy being a speed burner. Can he learn the NFL route tree? Can he get open? Can he catch?

Scouting Report from last year:

Gangly with a frame that is too thin at this time. Takes an excessive amount of time to gear down into his breaks and is slow to turn and find the ball. Long-strider. Shows meager effort as blocker on wide receiver screens and in the running game. Saw targets and deep ball production fall off this season.

Intriguing draft prospect with good height, hands and ball skills and the second gear to threaten defenses deep. Listenbee won't help much as a run blocker and he's not sudden enough to be a consistent worker from the slot, but winning deep can produce touchdowns which will get him into a camp.

Build the OLine...

As the scouting report mentioned he has good hands--not too many drops--just a bigger version of Goodwin imo--despite where they were drafted if Listenbee gets as many reps as Goodwin I BILLeive he would put up better numbers if his rehab went well.

Draft wish list:

1-WR Corey Davis Western Michigan--pick 5 Titans

2-S Obi Melifonwu Connecticut--2nd round--pick 56 Raiders

3-CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson--3rd round--pick 97 Dolphins

5-LB Connor Harris Lindenwood--undrafted--picked up by Jets

5-OL Conor McDermott UCLA--6th round--pick 211 Patriots-claimed off waivers by Bills

6-QB Chad Kelly Ole Miss--Mr irrelevant--Broncos

Kolby Listenbee. 6th round draft pick. Yet to play a snap in the NFL, including training camp or preseason.

So basically there is nothing to go on. FYI. Goodwin was a 3rd round pick. Marcus Easley was a 4th round pick. Listenbee was a 6th round pick and Dezmin Lewis was a 7th round pick. That should give you an idea.

I don't care that much about a guy being a speed burner. Can he learn the NFL route tree? Can he get open? Can he catch?

Scouting Report from last year:

Gangly with a frame that is too thin at this time. Takes an excessive amount of time to gear down into his breaks and is slow to turn and find the ball. Long-strider. Shows meager effort as blocker on wide receiver screens and in the running game. Saw targets and deep ball production fall off this season.

Intriguing draft prospect with good height, hands and ball skills and the second gear to threaten defenses deep. Listenbee won't help much as a run blocker and he's not sudden enough to be a consistent worker from the slot, but winning deep can produce touchdowns which will get him into a camp.

Stevie was a 7th round pick.

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick.

Just because he was taken late doesn't mean he's useless. I'm interested to see what he's got to offer. Not counting on him for anything but he's intriguing IMO.

Also, his draft stock may have slipped because of his injury...here's to hoping we found a gem (doubtful, but whatever)

He produced far more as a wr in college than Goodwin.

He was a decent flyer pick.

I doubt he ever plays here

His play during training camp will hopefully be worth waiting for.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

-Mark Twain.

Stevie was a 7th round pick.

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick.

Just because he was taken late doesn't mean he's useless. I'm interested to see what he's got to offer. Not counting on him for anything but he's intriguing IMO.

Also, his draft stock may have slipped because of his injury...here's to hoping we found a gem (doubtful, but whatever)

Love it if he out plays his draft spot.

But first let's see him on the field with pads on. There was a lot of hope that Dezmin Lewis was a gem, still waiting for things to click for him.

It really would be awesome if Kolby makes the 53 man roster without having to spend a year on the PS

Build the OLine...

As the scouting report mentioned he has good hands--not too many drops--just a bigger version of Goodwin imo--despite where they were drafted if Listenbee gets as many reps as Goodwin I BILLeive he would put up better numbers if his rehab went well.

I think Goodwin was a bit better of a route runner, and was a bit better at knowing when to turn for the ball, but Listenbee has better hands IMO.

I think Goodwin was a bit better of a route runner, and was a bit better at knowing when to turn for the ball, but Listenbee has better hands IMO.

And hopefully Listenbee doesn't get concussed when the wind blows too hard

All the scouting reports say he needs to put some muscle on his frame.

Hopefully he listened and comes in jacked.