Bills vs Chiefs UPDATE

Reports are that if Milano plays, it will be in specialized roles and in a limited capacity.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg.da8eee644e58a6e2caeea5d2940d9df8.jpg.902c81312093b75352203b6fe1655549.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Bills want Erie County to pay the $1,600 tax bill on the land the BILLS bought

So...

The BILLS bought 3 acres of land to build more practice fields.

Now they want Erie County to pay the $1,600 tax bill on the land.

I can't stand Russ Brandon or the Pegula's.

This is ridiculous.

SIXTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS.

The Bills make that in approximately 32.3 minutes ... A half hour.

The Buffalo Bills bought three acres of property where the team wants to construct an outdoor practice field. But the team doesn't want to pay taxes on the land.

Instead, the football club wants the property rolled into the 197-acre stadium complex already owned by Erie County, which includes New Era Field, the Bills' Field House and other practice facilities.

But a few Erie County legislators question why Erie County should own any more property for the Bills.

"You're taking three acres of property off the tax rolls and giving the Buffalo Bills another tax break," said Legislature Majority Leader Joseph C. Lorigo, C-West Seneca. "The point isn't the dollar amount. It's the principle. We shouldn't be giving additional tax breaks to NFL teams."

Lorigo has been the most vocal in questioning why the billion-dollar team should avoid paying property taxes on the newly acquired land.

The team said its investment in the practice field – not the taxes – should be the focus.

The Bills are preparing to spend $4.5 million to build the practice field, according to a team statement. That work would be done by local contractors.

The Bills currently have one outdoor practice field. The team purchased property south of the Field House and adjacent to the existing outdoor practice field so it can build a second one, according to the team. Other NFL teams typically have more than one outdoor practice field. The Bills plan to use the second practice field throughout the spring, summer and fall practice sessions.

Property taxes on the three-acre parcel amount to approximately $1,600 a year, according to the county's Department of Real Property Services. The team said the county's share of property taxes amounts to only $211 a year.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/21/erie-county-legislators-spurn-ownership-bills-practice-field/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

He said he expects the request to die in committee next week, meaning the full Legislature would take no action on the matter.

Good

LOL

Seriously ??

Russ making Ralph proud even after all these time.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

If the Bills spend 4.5 million upgrading the property. Won't it increase the value?

And next years taxes would be based on the new multimillion dollar assessment?

That is if it's kept on the tax rolls as private property belonging to the Bills.

If Erie county includes it with the rest of the county owned property. The Bills won't pay any taxes.

If the Bills spend 4.5 million upgrading the property. Won't it increase the value?

And next years taxes would be based on the new multimillion dollar assessment?

Yes, taxes likely go up to the $7,000 range.

That is if it's kept on the tax rolls as private property belonging to the Bills.

If Erie county includes it with the rest of the county owned property. The Bills won't pay any taxes.

Uh... That's what all this talk is about.

Paying attention yet? Lol

Lets say the Bills lose this round and the county gets the taxes. Who do you think pays those taxes, the Bills? No you do. Any corporation factors in taxes in the price of their product. That cost is passed on to the consumer in this case the price of a ticket, price of parking, price of everything is raised. So in the end, those taxes are not paid by the owners but by you.

The real issue here is, why 3 acres of land that has no improvements or government services such as sewer, water etc, just fire protection and police, is accessed at $1,600 per annum. No wonder the guy is selling the land.

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

The real issue here is, why 3 acres of land that has no improvements or government services such as sewer, water etc, just fire protection and police, is accessed at $1,600 per annum. No wonder the guy is selling the land.

So that we can afford to house and feed goat fuckers from Syria.

Lets say the Bills lose this round and the county gets the taxes. Who do you think pays those taxes, the Bills? No you do. Any corporation factors in taxes in the price of their product. That cost is passed on to the consumer in this case the price of a ticket, price of parking, price of everything is raised. So in the end, those taxes are not paid by the owners but by you.

WTF are you talking about?

Do you just go around assuming every fan buys game tickets?

Yes, taxes likely go up to the $7,000 range.

Uh... That's what all this talk is about.

Paying attention yet? Lol

Am I paying attention? Not really.

I bet the taxes would be more than 7,000 more with improvements of 4.5 mil to the property.

I know people in OP who pay that much in taxes on nice homes. But not worth near 4 million.

I guess my point was. It's not this years $1,600 tax bill that's important.

No big deal either way to me.

Am I paying attention? Not really.

I bet the taxes would be more than 7,000 more with improvements of 4.5 mil to the property.

I know people in OP who pay that much in taxes on nice homes. But not worth near 4 million.

It doesn't matter what you invest, it matters what the value of the property is.

The reason the land is only $1,600 right now is because it's worth very little.

Adding a field to it barely raises the value.

They're not adding office buildings or a home. They're adding a field.

I guess my point was. It's not this years $1,600 tax bill that's important.

No big deal either way to me.

It doesn't matter even if it was a $50,000 tax bill.

They own the property - They should pay the taxes.

It doesn't matter what you invest, it matters what the value of the property is.

The reason the land is only $1,600 right now is because it's worth very little.

Adding a field to it barely raises the value.

They're not adding office buildings or a home. They're adding a field.

It doesn't matter even if it was a $50,000 tax bill.

They own the property - They should pay the taxes.

I obviously don't know how the assessed value would work on something like that.

But I own property in NY. And when I do an addition or a new building on my property.

The assessed value normally goes up in step with the buildings value.

I haven't built any 4 million dollar practice fields.

As far as who pays for it. The Bills or the county. I agree that the Bills should.

I'm not for handouts to these teams in any sport. They make enough money to pay their own way.

I obviously don't know how the assessed value would work on something like that.

But I own property in NY. And when I do an addition or a new building on my property.

The assessed value normally goes up in step with the buildings value.

I haven't built any 4 million dollar practice fields.

As far as who pays for it. The Bills or the county. I agree that the Bills should.

I'm not for handouts to these teams in any sport. They make enough money to pay their own way.

Maybe i'm wrong.

But even if, I think they should pay it.

Maybe i'm wrong.

But even if, I think they should pay it.

It sounds like we agree.

Not that anyone in charge cares what we think.