hebert19

it feels almost like there is a plan in the front office...

Doesnt it? Feels like they had their draft figured out before free agency and went to plug holes that they will have post draft...and not the other way around. Signing a guard means they can take a flyer on a later round guard. Lbs means we can focus on OT WR and TE to improve the offense.

Just seems so different this year. Its calculated...

• Like 2

Doesnt it? Feels like they had their draft figured out before free agency and went to plug holes that they will have post draft...and not the other way around. Signing a guard means they can take a flyer on a later round guard. Lbs means we can focus on OT WR and TE to improve the offense.

Even though im on record as having a meltdown already this year after we let the byrd out of the cage, i will say i love some of the fa signings so far, i hope the office does have a plan and proves me wrong so i dont have to burn all my shit

Even though im on record as having a meltdown already this year after we let the byrd out of the cage, i will say i love some of the fa signings so far, i hope the office does have a plan and proves me wrong so i dont have to burn all my shit

Interesting take guys... I'm going to go with past history (that is, the history of this franchise for the past 20 years) and wager that we're going to be horrifically mediocre. Not bad, not good. not great. Not horrible. Just mediocre. You know.... that team that is so average as to be irrelevant.

Yeah. That's my guess.

I don't think we're making big moves. I don't think this league is what it claims to be. The NFL is glamor. You either have it or you don't. And for those of us close to the city, we all know damn well that Buffalo NY has ZERO glamor.

The team will not be good again. Ever. Bank on it.

Why? Because this league is all about big money now. Fantasy football. Big-time endorsements. We're not going to succeed here. It's not like the league isn't corrupt either. Have you watched the last 10 years of this sport? The refs punish us (i said it) because of who we are. Every player is on roids and yet baseball (LOL) takes the blame...

The NFL is a F$cking joke! And the joke is on us.

I for one am opting out.

Optimism? Are you freaking kidding me?

We have a team because this small, irrelevant community has a really big mouth. A few more years of utter mediocrity should do away with that nicely.

We had our chance in the early 90s. It's over. Does anyone honestly think this team is going anywhere? GROW UP! We're going NOWHERE and that's exactly what the league wants.

How this world/franchise/league managed to make me (a person who use to think about this team and ways for it to succeed 24-7) THIS apathetic, is beyond me. But that's the deal guys. Hate to be the d!ck who breaks the bad news.

Your team sucks. It's never going to be good. And neither is this league. At least to those of us who will die as fans of the Buffalo Bills (not the NFL).

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

The theme of free agency in my mind has been depth, competition and special teams.

Will it work?,Time will tell.

The special teams was horrible last year. There are guys signed who take pride in their special teams play.

Injures were huge last year and guys like Justin Rodgers were forced to start. There is no excuse for having to start a player like him. There are going to be back ups this year who have starting experience. When is the last time a Bills team has had that.

The positions that have yet to be addressed, wr and ot, are the two deepest positions in the draft.

In the end I wonder if it will matter because it all comes down to EJ. If he doesn't make major strides no free agent signing will make a bit of difference.

Interesting take guys... I'm going to go with past history (that is, the history of this franchise for the past 20 years) and wager that we're going to be horrifically mediocre. Not bad, not good. not great. Not horrible. Just mediocre. You know.... that team that is so average as to be irrelevant.

Yeah. That's my guess.

I don't think we're making big moves. I don't think this league is what it claims to be. The NFL is glamor. You either have it or you don't. And for those of us close to the city, we all know damn well that Buffalo NY has ZERO glamor.

Why? Because this league is all about big money now. Fantasy football. Big-time endorsements. We're not going to succeed here. It's not like the league isn't corrupt either. Have you watched the last 10 years of this sport? The refs punish us (i said it) because of who we are. Every player is on roids and yet baseball (LOL) takes the blame...

I for one am opting out.

We have a team because this small, irrelevant community has a really big mouth. A few more years of utter mediocrity should do away with that nicely.

We had our chance in the early 90s. It's over. Does anyone honestly think this team is going anywhere? GROW UP! We're going NOWHERE and that's exactly what the league wants.

How this world/franchise/league managed to make me (a person who use to think about this team and ways for it to succeed 24-7) THIS apathetic, is beyond me. But that's the deal guys. Hate to be the d!ck who breaks the bad news.

Your team sucks. It's never going to be good. And neither is this league. At least to those of us who will die as fans of the Buffalo Bills (not the NFL).

relax francis, go smoke a fatty....

Yeah. That's my guess.

I for one am opting out.

Annoy a liberal..

Work - Succeed - Be Happy

mj.gif

I may be wrong, but I am never in doubt.....

Yeah. That's my guess.

I for one am opting out.

I dunno if I were you I would either stop watching football or find a different team to root for maybe the 49ers, Ravens or Broncos, Although you might have to switch teams soon if you choose the Broncos after Peyton retires.

Agree but a small tweak. Not seeking to be petty. Huge fan of Stripes. Use this quote with my wife all the time....

"Lighten Up Francis"

-Sargent Hulka

The theme of free agency in my mind has been depth, competition and special teams.

The special teams was horrible last year. There are guys signed who take pride in their special teams play.

Injures were huge last year and guys like Justin Rodgers were forced to start. There is no excuse for having to start a player like him. There are going to be back ups this year who have starting experience. When is the last time a Bills team has had that.

The positions that have yet to be addressed, wr and ot, are the two deepest positions in the draft.

In the end I wonder if it will matter because it all comes down to EJ. If he doesn't make major strides no free agent signing will make a bit of difference.

You nailed it. This team is not a playmaking safety away from being competitive. There are (maybe were after free agency) a number of holes on this team. They need better starters and better depth if they're going to be good. All of the signings have hypothetically filled needs.

You're right, it does come down to ej. IMO, he wasn't in the best position to succeed last year. The line wasn't good enough to setup 3rd and short consistently and Ej did not have enough time in the pocket. One or two more weapons in addition to an upgraded line should help ej a lot.

I honestly don't think it's that hard to see what they're doing. It sucks they lost Byrd, but there's 10 other guys in the field. It's not basketball where one elite guy can make a huge difference.

Also, the Doug's have been in charge one year, not the entire 14. Green Bay seems to be doing ok for being in a small market. The whole, the bills will never be relevant, woe is me, is old and pathetic.

You nailed it. This team is not a playmaking safety away from being competitive. There are (maybe were after free agency) a number of holes on this team. They need better starters and better depth if they're going to be good. All of the signings have hypothetically filled needs.

You're right, it does come down to ej. IMO, he wasn't in the best position to succeed last year. The line wasn't good enough to setup 3rd and short consistently and Ej did not have enough time in the pocket. One or two more weapons in addition to an upgraded line should help ej a lot.

I honestly don't think it's that hard to see what they're doing. It sucks they lost Byrd, but there's 10 other guys in the field. It's not basketball where one elite guy can make a huge difference.

Also, the Doug's have been in charge one year, not the entire 14. Green Bay seems to be doing ok for being in a small market. The whole, the bills will never be relevant, woe is me, is old and pathetic.

Terry Pegula talking about Rex Ryan

"This guy right here tells his realtor, 'Where does the most snow fall in the area? I want to live there.' How Buffalo is that?"

What did we all say at the end of the year? We need to upgrade the line and LB group and see if EJ can succeed with a good line. Well we went and got the LB with a back up for depth as we all know we have had problems with injury and will be going to the draft for the O line just like we did with Levitre before we let him go for dumb money. They are making the strides they are suppose to. I have no complaints at all to this point. They are doing what they are suppose to.

It's nice to not being going into the draft needing three starters. FO is building a young talented team. Even if EJ s the wrong guy, the core is in place and we draft another QB next year.

2019 Wish List

2. WR/TE Chase Claypool

3. RB Cam Akers Florida State

4. Edge Alton Robinson Syracuse

5.  S Tanner Muse Clemson

6. LB Shaquille Quarterman - The U

6. G Kevin Dotson La Lafeyette

7.  S L'jarius Sneed LA Tech

Great shape heading into the draft, Whaley making a statement.

Diehard BillGator, Best of both worlds...

Florida Gators 2006 & 2007 NCAA Basketball and 2006 & 2008 BCS National Champions, Program dominance never before seen...

billswallpaper.jpg

Big ups and much respect to Millertime27

Yeah. That's my guess.

I for one am opting out.

Exactly. I will reserve judgment when we make the fecking playoffs. Until then......

We all have seen this team make bigger/smarter/better moves and still fail gloriously.

Yeah. That's my guess.

I for one am opting out.

Exactly. I will reserve judgment when we make the fecking playoffs. Until then......

We all have seen this team make bigger/smarter/better moves and still fail gloriously.

miserable that 70s show GIF

well put

when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. (Declaration of Independence!)

Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God: (Thomas Jefferson)

I agree, every year we get just enough talent to get by! This year it does seem like a plan is in place! Now for the draft and who knows!

It seems as though in year's past, the Bills have always been getting 'net worse' overall. They lose 2 or 3 players and replace them with lesser players - basically never quite plugging the holes and leaking more and more talent away from the organization.

Losing Byrd stinks, but the FA signings show me the Bills are fighting to get incrementally better, whether in small bites or big chunks.

It seems as though in year's past, the Bills have always been getting 'net worse' overall. They lose 2 or 3 players and replace them with lesser players - basically never quite plugging the holes and leaking more and more talent away from the organization.

Losing Byrd stinks, but the FA signings show me the Bills are fighting to get incrementally better, whether in small bites or big chunks.

It certainly didn't help the fans attitude towards the team that Chris Williams, a career underachiever, was the first signing. Had they come out and signed Spikes and the others the mood would have been much more positive.

Another year of false hope being sold out.

Until they are actually in the post season I'm not buying anything they are selling. Been duped too many times before. Brandon's (and the other guys) one and only goal is to make coin for themselves and Ralph. They don't give 2 ****s about winning.

Sell just enough smoke of hope so the tickets are sold, the money is made and then watch the team be mediocre at best. Rinse and repeat forever. The Ralph Wilson way.

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Sure, Russ is out to make money for Ralph, but that's his job. That doesn't mean the Bills can't succeed.

I truely believe Whaley and Marrone care about winning. They have built a solid team and handed the keys to EJ. If he can put together a decent season I think they will be in the playoff hunt. If EJ struggles it is back to looking for a QB next year.

"Handing the keys to EJ."  I can't believe I lived through that shit.  I must have blanked it out of my memory.  :niterider:

Car Accident GIF by euronews

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

On 3/15/2014 at 7:03 PM, JimKelly12203 said:

Yeah. That's my guess.

I for one am opting out.

Wow.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Bump 

LMAO

Nothing like reviving a thread that’s 6 years old. 

But I do this as a cautionary tale. Look at the folks on here that thought Brandon, Whaley, and EJ were fucking legit. Never get too comfortable. McBeane are not gods yet. 

kudos to Victor and me for being right.....

I consistently spoke of Whaley’s issues.

Guys like Jungle crushed me for it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I consistently spoke of Whaley’s issues.

Guys like Jungle crushed me for it.

I support the Buffalo Bills and want them to win. I'm not going to complain about every draft pick and every trade when it happens. I cheer for the team I like and I want the players on it to develop and improve and get better. You and Sean claim to be real fans but bitch and  complain about everything.

Whaley made a lot of moves that in hind sight are bad, like trading 2 1st round picks to move up and draft Sammy Watkins and drafting EJ Manuel.

But Whaley did trade for Jerry Hughes who is still on this team and one of the better trades a Buffalo Bills GM has made in many year. Whaley traded for LeSean McCoy. Whaley signed Richie Incognito. Whaley drafted Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin.

The Whaley Rex Ryan regime was pathetic and the teams under performed.

The current regime of Beane and McDermott have taken the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs in 2 out of the 3 years they have been here. You and Sean can continue to cry over spilled milk and claim the sky is falling but the Buffalo Bills are in great hands under the leadership of Beane and McDermott.

I'm expecting anther series of Josh Allen sucks threads because that's what fake fans like himself do.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

13 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I support the Buffalo Bills and want them to win. I'm not going to complain about every draft pick and every trade when it happens. I cheer for the team I like and I want the players on it to develop and improve and get better. You and Sean claim to be real fans but bitch and  complain about everything.

Whaley made a lot of moves that in hind sight are bad, like trading 2 1st round picks to move up and draft Sammy Watkins and drafting EJ Manuel.

But Whaley did trade for Jerry Hughes who is still on this team and one of the better trades a Buffalo Bills GM has made in many year. Whaley traded for LeSean McCoy. Whaley signed Richie Incognito. Whaley drafted Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin.

The Whaley Rex Ryan regime was pathetic and the teams under performed.

The current regime of Beane and McDermott have taken the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs in 2 out of the 3 years they have been here. You and Sean can continue to cry over spilled milk and claim the sky is falling but the Buffalo Bills are in great hands under the leadership of Beane and McDermott.

I'm expecting anther series of Josh Allen sucks threads because that's what fake fans like himself do.

All those “in hindsight“ bad moves you’re speaking of ... those were things I was telling you were bad as they were happening. Right in the moment. I saw right through them. 

You called me lots of names for telling you the truth.

The above is just a long winded way of saying “Lit was right the entire time”.