gerbe75pts

Rams signed Ryan Groy two-year offer sheet

Seems pretty reasonable to me, I'm not an OL aficionado but 2.5 million a year is pretty reasonable.

Wood should be released, Groy retained and restructured to a 4 year deal. Wood is often referred to as a valuable leader, Leader of what? The team has lost with him, they can lose without him. It is time to change the culture of this team. The same could probably be said about Kyle Williams also, but I think Kyle is still a little more productive.

I dont watch enough games too really assess the quality of play of Wood, but I think that argument is lacking.

We should drop our good players because we did not make the playoffs with them, so we can also miss the playoffs without them !?!?!

Well that is true, however if the goal is too one day make the playoffs, maybe it would be better to keep our good players.

To be clear, I am not sure if Wood is good enough for keeping him. But I think argueing that Wood is not worth keeping because we did not make the playoffs is stupid IMO.

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Not only is Wood a solid player McDermott needs leaders in the locker room and Wood is one of the leaders of the offense.

If there is one player on this team who can keep Incognito in line it is Wood.

All this cut Wood talk needs to just stop.

Not only is Wood a solid player McDermott needs leaders in the locker room and Wood is one of the leaders of the offense.

If there is one player on this team who can keep Incognito in line it is Wood.

All this cut Wood talk needs to just stop.

Well as i see it Wood though a great representative of team ,has lacked againts the DT's in the afc east ,multiple legs injuries at a quick twitch position of center is a no go!Wood while he should be commended for effort doesnt and will not hold up ,that just the facts .We save close to 3.5 M cutting Eric ,thats the move Whaley should make without blinking.Embrace the suck and ,move the #$&% on!Get Groy and match that offer sheet before lunch!

Had Whaley and co. correctly tendered him in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. We'd have him for less than 4M this year and the Rams wouldn't even have come calling bc it would mean giving up a 2nd round pick.

But nope. Whaley doesn't see this kid as being as valuable as we all seem to.

this to me is a head scratcher makes me wanna go hmmmm what IS in his head with this? Great commentary here Posters I appreciate it from everyone posting.

We should match. Might be a tad too much for a backup but the man is worth it. He can fill in at center and possibly at guard. He's young and should only get better.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Well as i see it Wood though a great representative of team ,has lacked againts the DT's in the afc east ,multiple legs injuries at a quick twitch position of center is a no go!Wood while he should be commended for effort doesnt and will not hold up ,that just the facts .We save close to 3.5 M cutting Eric ,thats the move Whaley should make without blinking.Embrace the suck and ,move the #$&% on!Get Groy and match that offer sheet before lunch!

Sal Capaccio twitted a couple of days ago that before last year's injury Wood had the most consecutive starts of any center in the NFL.

So lets pump the brakes on the "he won't hold up" thing for a moment.

Why do we always feel the need to let go of good players ?? We can have both Wood and Groy and not have to worry about that position at all. Keep'em both.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Sal Capaccio twitted a couple of days ago that before last year's injury Wood had the most consecutive starts of any center in the NFL.

So lets pump the brakes on the "he won't hold up" thing for a moment.

Why do we always feel the need to let go of goof players ?? We can have both Wood and Groy and not have to worry about that position at all. Keep'em both.

Well said

When one man's eagle soars to new highs, its your dream to swim against the current of life until even his pond is full.

Lets not make another stupid move. You match the offer and you do it NOW.

He is young and big and strong and experienced. You stay with him.

We should match. Might be a tad too much for a backup but the man is worth it. He can fill in at center and possibly at guard. He's young and should only get better.

I agree, we should match.

It is not an expensive contract based on the other deals OLinemen have gotten in the last week or so. $2.5 million a year is the market for a good backup.

If we don't match, where are we getting a good interior backup?

Build the OLine...

I don't get why they didn't tender him higher, after last year the way he filled in and the line didn't miss a beat, he would have been my number 1 offensive priority this offseason. You had to know Woods was gone, so I would have been damn sure I kept my line in good shape, if that meant sending Wood on his way, I could deal with that.

Gotta match.

E.W. might just be dispensable IMO.

" GO BILLS "

Because you have to pay him more. If you tender him low and no one offers anything, you get him cheaper. If someone offers him a deal it's probably going to be whatever the higher tender is. I think it wold be a fair deal if we match.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I would match for sure. this guy can step in and start, play well at guard or center

Typical Buffalo Bills....they uncover a gem then lose him all within 6 months time

I keep preaching STABILITY around here................geez

Stop playing musical Offensive linemen and lock in the best.

The Rams are not stupid. This guy is a veteran, 6'5 320 lbs , 26 years old and I believe a starting center for at least 7 years :duh!:

Should the Bills lose this guy, I am heading right up to the Stadium to slap that weasel Whaley right in the puss.......

I know where he parks and WILL FIND HIM...:uglyhammer:

Oh I hope we don't keep him now, it would be hilarious to see you go to jail over a back up center.

The Bills have to match because:

1) they paid Mills and Groy is (much)>Mills

2) They've created more than enough holes already and this is an important one

3) A little continuity on this line would be a very good thing

If they don't, then I guess it proves the theory that the Bills are little more than a farm-league team for real NFL teams.

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

I don't get why they didn't tender him higher, after last year the way he filled in and the line didn't miss a beat, he would have been my number 1 offensive priority this offseason. You had to know Woods was gone, so I would have been damn sure I kept my line in good shape, if that meant sending Wood on his way, I could deal with that.

Because if you tender him higher for 2.746 mill for 2nd round pick, no one will negotiate with him and you will not find his market price. You then have him for 2.746 million for one yr and play the game again next yr for more if Groy has a good year. Playing it the Whaley way Bills have Groy for two yrs at 2.5 mill per yr saving cap space.

Also if you establish a 2nd round value to Groy his agent is going to demand to negotiate a higher salary with Bills or any offer sheet if a team bites, since Bills are saying he is worth a 2nd rounder. Than Rams or other teams offer sheet will be higher than it needs to be.

cba fan

Had Whaley and co. correctly tendered him in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. We'd have him for less than 4M this year and the Rams wouldn't even have come calling bc it would mean giving up a 2nd round pick.

Can't argue with this.

Right now there is alot of teams very anxious about their Olines and that is driving the market, but the same time this is something Whaley should be well aware of.

check out my bills video:

Dick Jauron: UNWANTED Dead or Alive

nobody seems to think the Bills should NOT match the offer, therefore, I predict the Bills opt to let him go

i was thinking the exact same thing...its the Billsiest thing to do.

Buffal3.jpg

Proud To Be A Bills Fan

Proud To Be Canadian

Not only is Wood a free agent next year but Incognito will have to be replaced soon too.

In the year after this his cap hit is $7.575 million and we would save $6.425 million if we cut him.

Whaley can't let a good interior lineman to just walk.

Not only is Wood a free agent next year but Incognito will have to be replaced soon too.

In the year after this his cap hit is $7.575 million and we would save $6.425 million if we cut him.

Whaley can't let a good interior lineman to just walk.

He would have a dead cap number of 4.3M so the savings is more like 3.37M if they cut him