gerbe75pts

Rams signed Ryan Groy two-year offer sheet

The Rams have agreed to extend Bills restricted free-agent center Ryan Groy a two-year offer sheet, sources tell me and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan. The Bills will have five days to match the offer once it's signed, likely tomorrow. Groy would be expected to start at center for the Rams; the Bills will not receive draft pick compensation because they assigned Groy an original-round tender and he went undrafted.

reinhart2-wjc-2014.jpg

MY TOP TEN 2014

1.Sam Reinhart 2. Aaron Ekblad 3. leon Draisaitl 4. Nikolaj Ehlers. 5 Michael DalColle 6. . Sam Bennett

7. Nick Ritchie 8 Brendan Perlini 9 Haydn Fleury 10 David Pastrnak.

MY TOP TEN 2015

1A Connor McDavid . 1B Jack Eichel 3.Mitchell Marner 4. Noah Hanifin 5.Mathew Barzal Dylan Strome 6. 7.Oliver Kylington 8. Pavel Zacha 9.Zach Werenski 10. Nick Merkley

Matthew Barzal , Connor Mcdavid Watch is on ...

I'm seeing $4m a year floating around on twitter. Too much IMO. He filled in well but that's a lot to pay a backup lineman.

$4mil is a lot but I'd like to see him back anyway.Heck,they paid Urbik the same & he wasn't as good as Groy.I don't have any social media accounts so keep me updated.Thx.

I would match for sure. this guy can step in and start, play well at guard or center

Typical Buffalo Bills....they uncover a gem then lose him all within 6 months time

I keep preaching STABILITY around here................geez

Stop playing musical Offensive linemen and lock in the best.

The Rams are not stupid. This guy is a veteran, 6'5 320 lbs , 26 years old and I believe a starting center for at least 7 years :duh!:

Should the Bills lose this guy, I am heading right up to the Stadium to slap that weasel Whaley right in the puss.......

I know where he parks and WILL FIND HIM...:uglyhammer:

Had Whaley and co. correctly tendered him in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. We'd have him for less than 4M this year and the Rams wouldn't even have come calling bc it would mean giving up a 2nd round pick.

But nope. Whaley doesn't see this kid as being as valuable as we all seem to.

Had Whaley and co. correctly tendered him in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. We'd have him for less than 4M this year and the Rams wouldn't even have come calling bc it would mean giving up a 2nd round pick.

very good point

Wood is a fa next year.

If the plan is for Groy to be our future center then they should match the offer. If we want Wood back let Groy walk.

Bye-bye Groy. :niterider

Ugh, so friggin true

This was a bad move by Whaley, especially since he was undrafted. Even a 7th round would have gotten us something. I used to believe in him, but with Hogan and now Groy he has dropped the ball.

So will Wood be ready to go at the beginning of the season? We have Lewis from the Seahawks but not sure if he is any good. Also not sure why Vlad was a priority over resigning Groy especially since Groy has more flexibility. I think the Bills misread the market like they did with Hogan, they should have signed to allow compensation.

I'd keep him for sure. He was a pleasant surprise in a disappointing season. I don't trust Wood's longevity and didn't see any decline in performance when he was out.

I'd keep him for sure. He was a pleasant surprise in a disappointing season. I don't trust Wood's longevity and didn't see any decline in performance when he was out.

You could waive Wood, keep Groy and save a little money on the cap this year and have Groy for next year for cheap money. If they let Groy walk, Wood could be gone after next year and you pay more the the center position this year. I am not saying I think they should let Wood go but that may be the better option if you just want to keep one of them.

You could waive Wood, keep Groy and save a little money on the cap this year and have Groy for next year for cheap money. If they let Groy walk, Wood could be gone after next year and you pay more the the center position this year. I am not saying I think they should let Wood go but that may be the better option if you just want to keep one of them.

They will match 2.5. This was smart by whaley actually.

Tenders him at 1.5 and hope no one offers him. LA Offers 2.5 which was the next tender anyway, and match. He rolled the dice hoping to save some bucks with the ability to match.

Wood should be released, Groy retained and restructured to a 4 year deal. Wood is often referred to as a valuable leader, Leader of what? The team has lost with him, they can lose without him. It is time to change the culture of this team. The same could probably be said about Kyle Williams also, but I think Kyle is still a little more productive.

This was a bad move by Whaley, especially since he was undrafted. Even a 7th round would have gotten us something. I used to believe in him, but with Hogan and now Groy he has dropped the ball.

So will Wood be ready to go at the beginning of the season? We have Lewis from the Seahawks but not sure if he is any good. Also not sure why Vlad was a priority over resigning Groy especially since Groy has more flexibility. I think the Bills misread the market like they did with Hogan, they should have signed to allow compensation.

It is 2 years 5 million. They should match that.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/ryan-groy-14812/

If these contract numbers are true they average out to $2.75 million, almost exactly the same as the 2nd round tender of $2.746 million.

conract is 2.5 mill yr for 2 yrs, 2nd round round tender was 2.746 so Whaley was smart to handle this like he did. Now gets Groy for 2.5 mill cap a yr for 2 yrs.

cba fan

This should be a no brainer. If mills got 2 years 4 mil, groy is worth 2 years 5 mil.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg