JackKemp

Silence surrounds Colin Kaepernick’s free agency

Players have been signing contracts at a lightning-fast pace around the NFL for the last three days, with almost all of the top players already signed just 72 hours after free agency started. But there’s no news about one of the most talked-about players during the 2016 season: Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick, the quarterback who once…b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=15932921&post=2446844&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

More...

Jack Kemp is my official Adopt-an-Alumni Bill

September 25, 1962 -- QB Jack Kemp became a member of the Buffalo Bills when he was claimed off waivers from the San Diego Chargers for $100.

EJ Manuel is my Adopt-A-Bill

2013-Topps-Football-EJ-Manuel-Wal-Mart-Blue-212x300.jpg

It is sad to say the least, but he dug his own grave. I am a VETERAN and I hated the fact he disrespected the Anthem and what it means to me, However he can do as he chooses as an american, I just disagree with the method he choose to use.

It is sad to say the least, but he dug his own grave. I am a VETERAN and I hated the fact he disrespected the Anthem and what it means to me, However he can do as he chooses as an american, I just disagree with the method he choose to use.

X2

Ditto. He was never even very good at articulating his reasons for not standing for the National Anthem.

That is going to cost him some $$$ and that is fine with me.

Regardless of my thoughts on his protest and such, the man is a PR nightmare. If there are better options out there - and there are plenty of less controversial options - why would a team take on the burden? If he was a once in a lifetime sort of QB, that changes things, but he's not even that good.

X3

x4

:niterider

Just out of curiosity, which method should he have chosen in your opinion?

I am not trying to be a dick. This is a serious question.

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

I can't believe he thought he was going to get a better deal than the 16 million he had coming to him there. I'm thinking an RG3 type of deal is all he's going to get, a couple years at back up money and you are done.

The problem with Kaepernick is that he simply isn't very good, and combined with the PR nightmare that he is, I doubt he gets signed, or if he does, as a last ditch effort for vet minimum on a team with zero other options.

I hope he gets a nice contract. I am rooting for him. He knelt when the anthem was played. Since when has kneeling become a sign of disrespect?

Speaking about radicalization, people should be disgusted with racists like Steve King, the Iowan POS congressman admired by the republicans. Now he is a turd.

I hope he gets a nice contract. I am rooting for him. He knelt when the anthem was played. Since when has kneeling become a sign of disrespect?

Speaking about radicalization, people should be disgusted with racists like Steve King, the Iowan POS congressman admired by the republicans. Now he is a turd.

Oh boy, this just took a turn for the worse. I got my popcorn ready.

Oh boy, this just took a turn for the worse. I got my popcorn ready.

No popcorn needed. Just stating facts. Overt racists like Steve King get a pass but we pick on people that really have no influence on how this country gets governed.

Not to mention he flat out sucks.

Now that is fair. If he does not get a contract because he sucks is one thing. Not getting a contract because of kneeling down when the anthem is played is total BS.

Immigration without assimilation is a total disaster. Seeing that all over Europe.

I'm a veteran and I'm glad he used his rights the way he wanted.

Immigration without assimilation is a total disaster. Seeing that all over Europe.

Already saw it here in North America.

Last i heard you are supposed to stand for the National Anthem, unless you are disabled, disabled like some of the Vets who fought for this country. Anything else would be a sign of disrespect. Especially to those who risked their lives for his sorry ass. The reason he was kneeling was BLM, which has nothing to do with those who died so he can have the freedom to be an asshole. So yeah he made his statement, and nobody will touch him. Good job buddy

When the riots went on in Baltimore and Ferguson, people were all pissed off that they didn't demonstrate peacefully.

Then Kap takes a knee, all the Republitards lost their damn minds.

It's a free country.

I'd take a flier on him as a backup, but that'll never happen.

When the riots went on in Baltimore and Ferguson, people were all pissed off that they didn't demonstrate peacefully.

Then Kap takes a knee, all the Republitards lost their damn minds.

It's a free country.

I'd take a flier on him as a backup, but that'll never happen.

My issue is that he chose the wrong way to protest. If you want to show support for BLM fine. But you need to pick the way you do it. There is a time and place for everything. The National Anthem is not the time to protest the police. The national anthem is a sign of respect for the soldiers who fought for and gave their lives for this country. Whether the government was right or wrong in starting a war doesn't matter. These boys and men died so that you could sit at your computer and bitch about a game of football. If Kaepernick wanted to make a difference maybe he should have started a charity to help improve the lives of black people in low income areas. Or if he thinks the way the justice system is wrong in their treatment, maybe create a fund that helps to hire better legal support for people who are being treated unfairly by the justice system. It's not like he isn't getting millions of dollars that he really hasn't earned. You do things like that and you both get respect and support for what you are doing. You decide to do what he is doing and half the country hates you, while you still aren't making any changes. Just making people turn their backs on your cause.

My issue is that he chose the wrong way to protest. If you want to show support for BLM fine. But you need to pick the way you do it. There is a time and place for everything. The National Anthem is not the time to protest the police. The national anthem is a sign of respect for the soldiers who fought for and gave their lives for this country. Whether the government was right or wrong in starting a war doesn't matter. These boys and men died so that you could sit at your computer and bitch about a game of football. If Kaepernick wanted to make a difference maybe he should have started a charity to help improve the lives of black people in low income areas. Or if he thinks the way the justice system is wrong in their treatment, maybe create a fund that helps to hire better legal support for people who are being treated unfairly by the justice system. It's not like he isn't getting millions of dollars that he really hasn't earned. You do things like that and you both get respect and support for what you are doing. You decide to do what he is doing and half the country hates you, while you still aren't making any changes. Just making people turn their backs on your cause.

Like this: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/06/colin-kaepernick-continues-1-million-charity-pledge/