Crazy Legs

List of Free Agent WRs the Bills could target. Or, should they draft two WRs in April?

I think it would be fair to say the Bills need a #2 and #3 WR. (note Kolby Listenbee has never played a down in the NFL)

Here are all the Free Agent Wide Receivers still on the market.

Michael Floyd (27) - I take the risk with him. He is good for 800+ yards/season. Prove it deal.

Brian Quick (27)

Anquan Boldin (36) - Old, but better than Walt Powell.

Kamar Aiken (27) - former Bill. Depends on contract demands.

Andre Holmes (28)

Stevie Johnson (30) - If he is 100% healthy, and does an incentive based contract, worth talking to

Vincent Jackson (34)

Andrew Hawkins (31)

Victor Cruz (30)

Rod Streater (29)

Justin Hunter (25) - Should the Bills Re-sign him on a low deal?

Deonte Thompson (28)

Quinton Patton (26)

Jordan Norwood (30)

Andre Roberts (29)

Brandon Tate (29)

Cecil Shorts (29)

Jeremy Butler (26) - Bills kicking the tires on him

If we don't lock up some decent WRs in Free Agency, I think we need to draft TWO WRs. Just in case one doesn't pan out, or one gets injured in training camp.

Build the OLine...

Or instead of going after a #3 wr they could sign a receiving te, which they have been rumored to be looking at.

Aiken has had some good production and shouldn't break the bank. What the hell happened to Shorts? He had a good start. I like Tate but as a returner and back up.

I would love to have Cruz on a one year to build up his stock. He would add some flash

I have flash backs to how fast Miles Austin fell off. If Cruz can still move he'd be a good add.

If we don't lock up some decent WRs in Free Agency, I think we need to draft TWO WRs. Just in case one doesn't pan out, or one gets injured in training camp.

It worked back in 2008 draft when the Bills picked James Hardy in the 2nd and Stevie Johnson in the 7th.

It worked back in 2008 draft when the Bills picked James Hardy in the 2nd and Stevie Johnson in the 7th.

I call it double dipping.

If you must have your draft pick contribute as a rookie, you better consider drafting two. Especially at WRs. Some WRs just don't have the light bulb go on as a rookie. They need to get use to route trees, check offs, etc. FYI Stevie Johnson didn't really see the field in his first and second year. It took him a couple of years to "get it".

Build the OLine...

Or instead of going after a #3 wr they could sign a receiving te, which they have been rumored to be looking at.

Drafting a Tight End instead of WR is not ideal, but yes I could see Whaley drafting OJ Howard at #10 and trying to sell us on having 3 running backs, 2 tight ends and a single WR.

Build the OLine...

I agree with the idea of essentially handcuffing two rookie picks like you would in fantasy

It comes down to roles. Right now we need a slot guy and an outside guy.

I like the idea of playing Sammy in a slot and putting a draft pick and a guy like Aiken or Floyd on the outsides in three wr sets.

My think is this, there is no great slot WRs in this draft early....so we could si a guy like Aiken and take a shot on a slot rookie but that's tough. Or we sign Cruz who is really the only slot type I'm interested in,

on that short list give me deonte thompson ....and keep an eye out for eddie royal ,he may become available soon if whispers are correct guy at least produced prior to cutler !

Kupp didn't show well at the combine but I'd still take him if he was around later in the draft. Jerry Rice didn't set the world on fire in the 40 either.

Losing Sammy for half the year really showed the danger of not having a quality #3 wr.

Would Whaley be dumb enough do it 2 years in a row? I certainly hope not.

Losing Sammy for half the year really showed the danger of not having a quality #3 wr.

Would Whaley be dumb enough do it 2 years in a row? I certainly hope not.

Right now that is where we are headed.

We have two choices. Sign some in Free Agency, which we haven't yet.

Or, draft two in April.

Which do we think Whaley will do?

Build the OLine...

I agree with the idea of essentially handcuffing two rookie picks like you would in fantasy

It comes down to roles. Right now we need a slot guy and an outside guy.

I like the idea of playing Sammy in a slot and putting a draft pick and a guy like Aiken or Floyd on the outsides in three wr sets.

My think is this, there is no great slot WRs in this draft early....so we could si a guy like Aiken and take a shot on a slot rookie but that's tough. Or we sign Cruz who is really the only slot type I'm interested in,

Ryan Switzer, WR - North Carolina might be a bit small, but if you want to draft a slot receiver later in the draft, he might fit the order.

Otherwise, if you are drafting in the 2nd round, Zay Jones or Chris Godwin, Penn St?

Or Josh Reynolds, Texas & AM in the 3rd ?

Build the OLine...

I don't think the way the Bills treated Tyrod helps us attract free agents, especially wr's.

Stevie is coming off an injury but if his knee checks out I'd be fine with bringing him in cheap to challenge for a job.

I could accept Howard at #10, IF, I was sure our staff? could also find us a Quality WR, that would/could start! He could be a good one. But then again with Sammys problems, we need another wr also. GO BILLS

I could accept Howard at #10, IF, I was sure our staff? could also find us a Quality WR, that would/could start! He could be a good one. But then again with Sammys problems, we need another wr also. GO BILLS

It will be interesting if Whaley stays at #10, and both OJ Howard and Corey Davis are on the board.

I really don't know which one he would pick between the two. I think McDermott will be the tie breaker...

Build the OLine...

We need one of those players, indeed. I would worry about Williams neck injury he had in 2015. Lets see Clemson players with injuries off/on. Spiller, Watkins, Lawson and Williams. I might be forgetting some. For his sake I hope D.Watson doesn't come up with something! Haven't seen too much of Howard's work, it would be nice if he was in the Gronk mold! Also as the wideout I would prefer Davis. GO BILLS