Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Free Agent QBs: Jay Cutler, Kaepernick, Nick Foles, RGIII, Blaine Gabbert, TJ Yates, Keenum

Over on the old BBMB, there was a lot of posters that wanted the Bills to go after guys like Cutler, Foles, Kaepernick.

How things change. Free Agent QBS:

• Jay Cutler
  • Kaepernick
  • Nick Foles - signed by the Eagles for $5.5 million a year, 2 years
  • RGIII
  • Blaine Gabbert
  • TJ Yates
  • Case Keenum
  • Geno Smith
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Ryan Nassib
  • Christian Ponder
  • Matt McGloin

I think re-doing Tyrod's contract was the right move based on these other options...

Build the OLine...

What about EJ?

He needs a change of scenery.

And, I think it will be awhile before he signs with a team - to compete to be their backup.

Build the OLine...

Honestly, I would take anyone as a backup. If Tyrod fails to produce we aren't going anywhere, backup makes little difference. I say which ever guy comes cheapest I would take.

I think that means cardale jones,

He needs a change of scenery.

And, I think it will be awhile before he signs with a team - to compete to be their backup.

He needs more than a change of scenery!He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a M14 @50yds.

Foles/Kaepernick might be a decent back ups who could still win a game if he had to play a few. Can't believe I'd say maybe Sanchez after that. Don't see Cutler ever playing back up and the rest are atrocious.

If Cardale shows anything at all this preseason I want him as the #2.

Yes he is raw but he needs the reps of the #2 qb. The #3 works as the scout team qb and that isn't helping his development.

It is sink or swim for Cardale. Show something or we are moving on.

If Cardale shows anything at all this preseason I want him as the #2.

Yes he is raw but he needs the reps of the #2 qb. The #3 works as the scout team qb and that isn't helping his development.

It is sink or swim for Cardale. Show something or we are moving on.

Good viewpoint.

Cardale had his redshirt year of development this past season. This year in training camp and the first two preseason games you want to see something from him.

If he is lost or floundering, start giving the reps to someone else. That would be two full off seasons. If he is not getting it, then he probably won't. You can't invest 4 years coaching him hoping he gets better and decides to sign his second contract with the Bills

Build the OLine...

If we HAD to pick one of those for a backup, other than the fact I'd hope TT really never gets hurt, Kaep would probably be the best option that could run our offense

• Like 1
  • Finger 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Over on the old BBMB, there was a lot of posters that wanted the Bills to go after guys like Cutler, Foles, Kaepernick.

How things change. Free Agent QBS:

• Jay Cutler
  • Kaepernick
  • Nick Foles
  • RGIII
  • Blaine Gabbert
  • TJ Yates
  • Case Keenum
  • Geno Smith
  • Mark Sanchez
  • Ryan Nassib
  • Christian Ponder
  • Matt McGloin

I think re-doing Tyrod's contract was the right move based on these other options...

Boy. That is one ugly list.

If we HAD to pick one of those for a backup, other than the fact I'd hope TT really never gets hurt, Kaep would probably be the best option that could run our offense

... and the Bills would loose a large part of their fan base. Me included.

... and the Bills would loose a large part of their fan base. Me included.

I don't believe that. They've done dumber things in the past and no one left.

• Like 1
  • Finger 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

I'd take whats left of Cutler as a backup if Jones isn't ready yet. As a long time NFL starter who has been consistently average, he's probably our best option if Taylor gets hurt or shits the bed.

I'd take whats left of Cutler as a backup if Jones isn't ready yet. As a long time NFL starter who has been consistently average, he's probably our best option if Taylor gets hurt or shits the bed.

Cutler will go home before he goes to be a back up anywhere, much less here.

The good news is that there are still teams needing a QB like the Jets and one of these guys will probably be that QB.

I think the best bang for our buck would be Keenum or McGloin. BGoth guys have filled in well in enough in the past and have never been a starter (except Keenum with the Rams but I doubt anyone really considers that "starting"). Either should be available for very little money and would be an good insurance plan for Tyrod and also to help mentor Cardale.

I think the best bang for our buck would be Keenum or McGloin. BGoth guys have filled in well in enough in the past and have never been a starter (except Keenum with the Rams but I doubt anyone really considers that "starting"). Either should be available for very little money and would be an good insurance plan for Tyrod and also to help mentor Cardale.

Not my money, so a couple of million bucks a year for either one of them as additional backup for us would be fine with me.

My gut tells me Whaley loves him some Cardale and might roll with him to give him more reps in OTAs and preseason.

Let's get Whaley on the line and ask him.....

Build the OLine...