Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Buffalo Bills salary cap space not an issue after first wave of free agency

It is good to know that we still have the room to make intelligent acquisitions (I know that will be controversial here) and the ability to make more cap room is reason for optimism. It remains to be seen if this will be dumpster diving or smart business moves.

I, for one, am happy we didn't overpay for Gilmore. $14 million for a guy who gets toasted like a Sunday brunch every week will not be greatly missed.

I'm not a fan of 'winning' free agency, and we still have major questions at CB/S/WR and RT.

I'd feel a lot better if we landed Hightower. I'm not worried about the fit, the Patriots play every defense. And dude is a monster, he does get banged up almost every year.

We need a difference maker in the back 7, Hyde and Darby are nice. They aren't game changers, nice complementary players.

I still don't understand throwing money at Mills and Zo when thats 6M+ you could've spent on a guy who is going to come in and play every down.

I'm sure Zo is a great locker room guy but I'd be suprised if he notches more than 3 sacks this year. Mills isn't even worthy of being a 2nd string guy.

Would've much rather threw a flyer on Chance Warmack for less money than we're paying Mills. Warmack has been shit, but on a prove it deal as a depth player it's better than Mills. Who's proved he sucks.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

The 1 year, prove it deals would be nice in this phase.

The guys left aren't the type to sign to long term deals that we will regret next offseason and end up eating the dead cap. I'm sure the players who are left want another chance next offseason to be in the first wave of free agency where they can cash in. Buffalo offers these guys a chance to earn a starting job at cb, Safety, OLB, RT or WR. What better place to show what you can do?

This helps Buffalo because they are playing for a contract and if they don't pan out they are gone in a year.

Kinda wish we had brought in a decent 5 to 8 million dollar receiver. Pryors roughly 6 million dollar cap hit deal would have been perfect. Get to see if Sammy can stay healthy. Draft a rookie who's cap isn't big yet and develop them. If he produces and Sammy keeps being injured resign him. If the rookie plays well and Sammy stays healthy you haven't committed to him for 5 years. Safety and WR are the two positions I really hope they address. Hyde is at least a start.