Sign in to follow this  
Victor7

Patriots go big for Stephon Gilmore

Cornerback Stephon Gilmore was aiming for $14 million per year. He got close; to make up the difference, he joins a perennial Super Bowl contender. Per a source with knowledge of the deal, the Gilmore contract with the Patriots is worth $65 million over five years, an average of $13 million annually. He receives a…b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=15932921&post=2446765&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

The rest of the article...

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Just, Wow on that kind of money for Gilmore. This could be the next Jarius Byrd debacle. At least it will be the Patriots eating a shit sandwich.

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

Gilly is a very good CB.

He didn't tackle last year.

When he's locked in though, he's very good.

He's not going to bomb like Byrd unless he gets hurt.

Byrd peaked his first 2 years in the league and does not have protypical measurables in terms of size or speed. Gilmore pretty much does.

Byrd is best when he's playing CF and being asked to make plays on the ball.

I'd take a flyer on Byrd for the bet min. He was already a slower guy with a history of leg injuries at this point.

Can't fault the Pats for paying top dollar for a CB whi CAN cover in a passing league.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Gillmore played better the last half of the year, maybe from game 10 on but he was really bad the first part of the year, he got burned, was out of position and didn't tackle worth a crap. I have no idea what his problem was early on but being in the last year of his contract he should have been killing it. Darby was ineffective too. Maybe it was the defenses and coaching.

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus