NizBuffalofan1991

Mike Schopp and Sal C argue over the Browns strategy

Sal has really lost it.

For the new people here - Sal was a big member of this forum for many years (thousands of posts) before he became too big for his britches and left.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Sal is a spokesman for the Bills. He buys in to the illusion they bestow upon him.

Conflict of interest bc he is compensated by the Bills for sideline reporting. Not objective.

Schopp is an asshole

They're both assholes.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

I don't mind sal, most times his assessmets are pretty reasonable. Schopp and the bulldog are terrible, but Schopp is right here.

We have taken 2 Qbs in the first round during the drought. That's not nearly enough. They don't know when to cut their losses and start over. Ej manuel or losman shouldn't be reasons to pass on better Qbs. Neither should taylor.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Great move by a team fully assuming their rebuilding process. They might even add another draft pick if they can manage to move him.

Now let's see if they can be efficient with all those draft picks.

It's a good argument. Schopp has said he'd rather be the Browns and have all the picks as opposed to the bills who are floating on the middle of the pack perpetually. It's fair to think that way. I don't though. To me, picks mean nothing if you don't draft good players and the Browns don't draft good players and neither do we. In the hands of competent organizations those picks are worth gold. In the hands of the Browns they aren't as great.

You just need to find a QB. Look at the Raiders for example. From complete dysfunction to playoff team bc they found a guy in the 2nd round. The Browns would be better off today with a normal amount of picks and Carson Wentz. If they wanted t get really "anylitical" they could have hedged their bet and taken Prescott before the 4th. Would you rather have all the picks or those two young QBs?

Get a QB. That's what all these teams fail to do. They don't do enough to get a QB.

It's a good argument. Schopp has said he'd rather be the Browns and have all the picks as opposed to the bills who are floating on the middle of the pack perpetually. It's fair to think that way. I don't though. To me, picks mean nothing if you don't draft good players and the Browns don't draft good players and neither do we. In the hands of competent organizations those picks are worth gold. In the hands of the Browns they aren't as great.

You just need to find a QB. Look at the Raiders for example. From complete dysfunction to playoff team bc they found a guy in the 2nd round. The Browns would be better off today with a normal amount of picks and Carson Wentz. If they wanted t get really "anylitical" they could have hedged their bet and taken Prescott before the 4th. Would you rather have all the picks or those two young QBs?

Get a QB. That's what all these teams fail to do. They don't do enough to get a QB.

Having more picks increases your chances of finding a Qb. Remember when the redskins took rg3 and cousins?

If it's a 50/50 chance on every prospect, why not have as many picks as possible?

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Draft picks and cap space don't mean jack if you cant pick players. Different does not always equal better. I agree if Sal on this one 100%

http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/02/where-are-they-now-browns-draft-pick-edition/

1st round (#8) Justin Gilbert

1st Round (#22) Johnny Manziel QB

2nd Round (#35) Joel Bitonio OL-

3rd Round (#71)Christian Kirksey LB-

3rd Round (#94)Terrance West RB-

4th Round (#126) Pierre Desir CB

1st Round (#12): NT Danny Shelton -

1st Round (#19): OL Cameron Erving -

2nd Round (#51): OLB Nate Orchard.-

3rd Round (#77): RB Duke Johnson.-

3rd Round (#96): DT Xavier Cooper.-

4th Round (#115): S Ibraheim Campbell.

4th Round (#123): WR Vince Mayle-

6th Round (#189): CB Charles Gaines-

6th Round (#195): FB Malcolm Johnson-

6th Round (#198): TE Randall Telfer

7th Round (#219): ILB Hayes Pullard

7th Round (#241): CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

1st Round (#15): WR Corey Coleman

2nd Round (#32): DE Emmanuel Ogbah

3rd Round (#65): DE Carl Nassib

3rd Round (#76): OT Shon Coleman

3rd Round (#93): QB Cody Kessler

4th Round (#99): LB Joe Schobert

4th Round (#114): WR Ricardo Louis

4th Round (#129): S Derrick Kindred

4th Round (#138): TE Seth DeValve

5th Round (#154): WR Jordan Payton

5th Round (#168): OT Spencer Drango

5th Round (#172): WR Rashard Higgins

5th Round (#173): CB Trey Caldwell

7th Round (#250): ILB Scooby Wright III

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sal was such a well respected poster on this forum. Then he "Made it".

He's absolutely brutal. He totally moved on and kicked us all to the curb after WGR hired him.

Now he's just another ass-hole on the team's payroll who paints a rosy picture for everyone when, in truth, the Titanic is sinking and there aren't nearly enough life boats.

Sal disgusts me.

Sal.... Capacio. SAL! Capacio.

Sal... Capacio. SAL! Capacio.

Sal... Capacio. SAL! Capacio.

The only thing that sucks ass worse than Sal's WGR theme song is his bull shit "analysis".

Sorry coach Sal. You use to be cool. Now you suck.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

I don't mind sal, most times his assessmets are pretty reasonable. Schopp and the bulldog are terrible, but Schopp is right here.

We have taken 2 Qbs in the first round during the drought. That's not nearly enough. They don't know when to cut their losses and start over. Ej manuel or losman shouldn't be reasons to pass on better Qbs. Neither should taylor.

Agree again with you on QB's.(I think you've heard it from this FNG before but....)Keep drafting one every year until YOU FIND YOUR GUY!

One question. I always thought that Cap-wise it is the same if you cut a player or if you trade him. At that point of time your so far "not accounted" bonus money becomes dead cap.

So rather than trading him, the Texans could have saved their 2nd round pick and just cut him. I guess I am missing something, because I guess the Texans had a reason to rather trade him than cut him. What am I missing?

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Having more picks increases your chances of finding a Qb. Remember when the redskins took rg3 and cousins?

If it's a 50/50 chance on every prospect, why not have as many picks as possible?

Only if they draft QBs. The Redskins is a great example. They only had a few picks hay year...not 20 picks.

I have no problem with having lots of picks but people like Schopp argue that having that many picks puts the 2 win browns closer to success than a .500 club and I don't think it's true.