Crazy Legs

If RT Bobby Wagner gets $9 million a year, are the Bills forced to roll with Jordan Mills?

Right Tackle Ricky Wagner was a free agent mentioned as someone the Bills should target in Free Agency,

But he quickly signed a $9 million-per-year contract with the Detroit Lions on Thursday, showing the market if you want a decent Olinemen this year you will have to pay through the nose.

Even not so great OT Mike Remmers was quickly signed away from Carolina by the Vikings to a 5 year, $30 million dollar deal. What!

Does this mean the Bills might be forced to roll with Jordan Mills again in 2017? The Bills resigned Jordan on Saturday 2 years, $4 million.

UPDATE: Bills are hosting OT Andre Smith for a visit. Formely of the the Bengals

Build the OLine...

The Bills are hosting free agent OT Andre Smith on Saturday. Played 7 years with the Bengals, before playing last year at the Vikings.

Vikings signed Mike Remmers yesterday, so apparently they think Mike Remmers >> Andre Smith

Build the OLine...

Kouandjio, Groy and a draft pick?

The draft is very, very thin at the tackle position, so that would be a hail mary. The guy(s) you might want could be gone when you pick.

Kouandjio just doesn't seem to have the leg/hip drive to play on the right side because of an old injury. Not sure he is an option.

Not sure Groy can play tackle as the starter for the whole season.

Build the OLine...

Andre Smith has had a lot of health issues. When he was healthy, he was one of the best. It's been a few years since those days though.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

yes and Wagner was well worth it ....bills if were smart would have offered 10 M ....ZO or no ZO ...Glenn with foot issues ,Sammy foot issues ,Wood coming off broken leg ,Kyle coming off broken everything at times ,Dareus in a "happy valley"mindset ,everything is rainbows and teddybears to him now .........this teams priority list is crazy ,but thats just me .

Andre Smith has had a lot of health issues. When he was healthy, he was one of the best. It's been a few years since those days though.

Any thoughts on who the Bills should target to play RT this year?

Jordan Mills is technically no longer on the squad since he is a Free Agent although we could resign him.

In the meantime, the draft is very thin at OT so that approach seems unlikely.

Build the OLine...

The # of available RTs is pretty lean when you look at the names out there.

Sadly Jordan is a place holder until if and when we can find an upgrade.

Build the OLine...

Just a thought but why no try Groy @RT?Mills shouldn't have been resigned for anything more than vet min.

Just a thought but why no try Groy @RT?Mills shouldn't have been resigned for anything more than vet min.

I have been thinking that as well. It's probably because he doesn't have the desired length for NFL tackles. He came in to the combine with 33 1/4 arm length. Evaluators like to see 34+. Who knows though.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I have been thinking that as well. It's probably because he doesn't have the desired length for NFL tackles. He came in to the combine with 33 1/4 arm length. Evaluators like to see 34+. Who knows though.

Your probably right but with Mills as our RT???I'd give him a shot in training camp & see how he does.Measurements don't always translate into on the field play...... Just hope they don't lose him in FA!

I'll put on my flame suit and say I don't hate the Mills signing. I think we could do better but 0-line is one position where experience and age can really contribute to play. Mills had some epic whiffs last year but to his defense some of them were against defense that make even the good tackles whiff. I'm not saying he's great but we've seen him, he's pretty cap friendly, and he's young enough he could get better.

I'll put on my flame suit and say I don't hate the Mills signing. I think we could do better but 0-line is one position where experience and age can really contribute to play. Mills had some epic whiffs last year but to his defense some of them were against defense that make even the good tackles whiff. I'm not saying he's great but we've seen him, he's pretty cap friendly, and he's young enough he could get better.

It boils down to other options.

Since there are so few , I'm okay signing Mills to hold the spot-while we look for an upgrade.

Build the OLine...

I agree. I don't see any guaranteed money. Let the new coaches look at him and if they don't like him, dump him.