http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-2017/2017/3/10/14880926/buffalo-bills-free-agency-salary-cap-reset-micah-hyde

Updated projected cap space: $17.5 million

Moving forward, Buffalo could easily add up to $14.7 million more in salary cap space by restructuring contracts for Marcell Dareus and/or Cordy Glenn. That would bring their total over $32 million and they could sign any of the free agents they are targeting at this stage.

Why aren't we going after Zach brown? We have the cap space. Is there any reports of him being linked to anyone?

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I believe $6.5 million must be set aside for draft picks.

That leaves us at $11 million in cap space with the possibility of freeing up an additional $14.7 million.

Why aren't we going after Zach brown? We have the cap space. Is there any reports of him being linked to anyone?

I assume he is trying to get a huge payday and Whaley said to call him when his #'s become a little more realistic.

I assume he is trying to get a huge payday and Whaley said to call him when his #'s become a little more realistic.

If he is a better fit in this defense than Ryan's, I'd think he would be worth the money.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Next year's free agent list doesn't look too bad.

Wood, Preston Brown, Gillislee, Kyle Williams, Graham, Groy.

No one to break the bank over.

Kyle and Graham are likely done.

It would be nice to work a long term deal for Gillislee.

If he is a better fit in this defense than Ryan's, I'd think he would be worth the money.

The lack of interest in him tells me he is shooting for the skies.

I'm fine with Whaley being patient. Zach isn't the type of player I want to overpay. One solid season isn't enough for me.

The lack of interest in him tells me he is shooting for the skies.

I'm fine with Whaley being patient. Zach isn't the type of player I want to overpay. One solid season isn't enough for me.

But we haven't heard anything like that yet.

He's been productive before. Letting him walk means we need 2 LBs that can cover, and that's just starters.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Smart thing to do is save that cap space for bargain players a week or two weeks from now. I think rebuilding through free agency is a bad idea that rarely works.

ZB has a great first half of the year. Keep in my mind though this guy was on the field for Ajai and Bell just shredding the defense.

Granted the entire ru defense was shit thise 3 games, but when youre that fast and your basically one of the 2 designated guys to make a fucking tackle, that's not a good look.

2nd of all dude didn't ball out until he was on a 1 year prove it deal.

Physically gifted guy, consistency has never been ther. Hard to pay a guy like that big $$$ when he's probably not even a top 25 player at his position.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Last year free agency began March 9th. We didn't sign Zach Brown until April 4th.

Things will settle down.

Smart thing to do is save that cap space for bargain players a week or two weeks from now. I think rebuilding through free agency is a bad idea that rarely works.

Right. Didn't Jacksonville spend a ton of money on free agents last year? The media loved everything they did, but still they finished 3-13.

The Bills also have the option year of Sammy's deal.

Right. Didn't Jacksonville spend a ton of money on free agents last year? The media loved everything they did, but still they finished 3-13.

I'm not saying that you can't get someone that will completely change the culture like Peyton Manning or Reggie White (even Mario Williams to a lesser degree), but it's rare. Not to go on a rant here, but teams pay free agents for what they did for another club, not necessarily for what they are going to do in the future & football is a brutal sport. You are lucky to make it 5 years in the NFL, hell, you are lucky to make it 3 years in the NFL. I'm not blasting the Micah Hyde signing, in fact, I love it but it must be said that finding the right coach with the right scheme is probably the best way to do it, not handing out 60 million dollar contracts like the Browns & Jaguars.

yes next year thats easily worked ....thing is this year none of those guys arent replaceable with younger and /or players not coming off repetitive injuries .If Kyle wanted to help Bills moreso he would hang em up ,as would Graham ...Wood should be moved out at 1st oppurtunity.Groy is getting looks as reported by 4 teams this free agency ,Gillislee will before long ,as will Z brown(for some reason we have no urgency there )....you keep younger ,faster ,productive ,healthy players over the status quo this team seems to want to keep these vets that havnt got us anywhere in a dozen years ,makes zero sense .

This may not be totally accurate, as we don't know for sure what the Bills are doing with Aaron's contract. If he's designated as a post June 1 cut, it saves 4M on the cap. If not, only 1.7M.

This may not be totally accurate, as we don't know for sure what the Bills are doing with Aaron's contract. If he's designated as a post June 1 cut, it saves 4M on the cap. If not, only 1.7M.

No. Certainly not 100% accurate but it gives us a rough idea where we stand.

ZB has a great first half of the year. Keep in my mind though this guy was on the field for Ajai and Bell just shredding the defense.

Granted the entire ru defense was shit thise 3 games, but when youre that fast and your basically one of the 2 designated guys to make a fucking tackle, that's not a good look.

2nd of all dude didn't ball out until he was on a 1 year prove it deal.

Physically gifted guy, consistency has never been ther. Hard to pay a guy like that big $$$ when he's probably not even a top 25 player at his position.

First off - I agree, if he would have stepped up and made some plays in these games to turn the tide of the game, I'd say pay the man.

Second off - I fucking love the fact that you can swear on these boards.

The NFL has corrected its transaction log from Thursday and designated Bills safety Aaron Williams as a post-June 1 cut, per ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates. That means Williams' full $6.625 million cap hit stays on the Bills' books until June 1, at which point they save $4.2 million off their 2017 cap and take a $2.425 million dead-money charge against their 2018 salary cap. Had Williams not been designated a post-June 1 cut, his release would have only saved $1.775 million against the Bills' 2017 cap but not caused any dead money charge in 2018.

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-2017/2017/3/10/14880926/buffalo-bills-free-agency-salary-cap-reset-micah-hyde

Moving forward, Buffalo could easily add up to $14.7 million more in salary cap space by restructuring contracts for Marcell Dareus and/or Cordy Glenn. That would bring their total over $32 million and they could sign any of the free agents they are targeting at this stage.

I'd restructure Dareus' contract first.This guy is becoming more of a liability than a asset!One more "PUFF" for "MR. Big Stuff" and he's gone for 10 games.Then>>>>he's out!

We need how much for draft picks?

P.S. I don't think we have much cap space, in a relative sense. We have a little bit, but we need to add some more players just to fill out the roster.

Build the OLine...

I'd restructure Dareus' contract first.This guy is becoming more of a liability than a asset!One more "PUFF" for "MR. Big Stuff" and he's gone for 10 games.Then>>>>he's out!

I would NOT restructure him if it causes Cap issues next year or the year after. We need to swallow the Cap hit at some point. Maybe this is the best year to get it out of the way.

Build the OLine...

Updated cap #'s:

2017 NFL Salary Cap $167,000,000

2016 Rollover Cap $2,837,222

Adjustment $0

Adjusted Salary Cap $169,837,222

All Contracts $130,758,107

Top 51 Contracts $130,758,107

Dead Money $11,640,945

Top 51 Cap Allocations $142,399,052

Total Cap Allocations $142,399,052

Cap Space (Top 51 only) $27,438,170

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

We need how much for draft picks?

P.S. I don't think we have much cap space, in a relative sense. We have a little bit, but we need to add some more players just to fill out the roster.

Our draft picks should count a little over $6 million towards the cap.

I'm not saying we have a lot of space. I'm just trying to lay out a picture of what is available to spend this offseason.