daryls61

Bills sign new contract with Tyrod Taylor; He's staying in Buffalo!

I'm sure all of this solidified with Whaley when Glennon is reportedly getting 15 million a year in FA. Looking at that and the combine it was clear that there was no BETTER starter available for the price than the one he has. I like the idea of trading down in the draft getting some extra picks and getting a CB in first or 2nd round -can't see wasting the money on Gilmore

Tyrod is what he is......what you see is what he is capable of an nothing more...he lacks the right tools to be a pocket passer. This qb will not be able to lead this bills team to the playoffs. He just don't have it.. Whaley should have cut him. but clearly Whaley has no good idea. So Bills fans hold on to your $.....take a vacation.

clooneysized.jpg

This rare exclusive piece of art created by: Millertime.

Team,

Like it or not Tyrod did the team a true solid. He is a character guy who did Right by his team. He will need some weapons to help him after the WR exodus.

Also, we will need a mobile QB if we do not fix the right side of the line. So all things considered this may be the best stop gap option for the near future

This draft is super deep at CB and Safety. Stock up some quality picks in the first 3 rounds and maybe draft a QB. With our schedule, we are in tough, but end of the day Tyrod could've made this worse. On to the draft!

The only real receiver the Bills have is Watkins. Woods is decent and may stay now with TT staying, but the others would be practice squad guys on winning teams. Keeping Taylor under the restructured deal was very wise. Not much better out there this year. Hopefully they will show wisdom in their next steps...

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

Tyrod is what he is......what you see is what he is capable of an nothing more...he lacks the right tools to be a pocket passer. This qb will not be able to lead this bills team to the playoffs. He just don't have it.. Whaley should have cut him. but clearly Whaley has no good idea. So Bills fans hold on to your $.....take a vacation.

Right.. not a clue.. yet many QB's worse then him will get paid this week.. Lots more then Tyrod. would you want Glennon? he is expected to get what Taylor was going to get. I could name many more QB's that are worse then him but will make more.. for Christ sakes he is getting paid the Vet. Min. What other option out there is available better then Taylor... Romo will go to a winning team.. Who else?

ESPN has said nothing but good things about our Current GM and the deals he is making with Free Agents and other deals with players in past like Alexander among others. ESPN also made another good point.. You argue that we paid to much for Clay? to get good players to a winning team some times you have to pay them. This isn't Madden Football.

I am glad your not our GM.

Don't assume.. Hope

Don't hate.. Hope

Because Hope is all I have left

another season with out playoffs. Stuck with a QB that run's all the time...fails to put the ball in the hands of the playmakers......how is the WR Whaley gave up the house for......Yeah that porcelain doll.... This team is going no where....All Pegula cares about is THE FAN'S MONEY.... smh.

clooneysized.jpg

ESPN has said nothing but good things about our Current GM and the deals he is making with Free Agents and other deals with players in past like Alexander among others. ESPN also made another good point.. You argue that we paid to much for Clay? to get good players to a winning team some times you have to pay them. This isn't Madden Football.

I am glad your not our GM.

Well at least somebody is happy with 7-9. Because that is what Whaley is and will always be.

• Thanks 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Well at least somebody is happy with 7-9. Because that is what Whaley is and will always be.

Didn't your 5th grade teacher tell you what happens when we Assume?

I am so happy to discuss things with another defeatist...

not.

Don't assume.. Hope

Don't hate.. Hope

Because Hope is all I have left

Amen...... I am a very realistic fan. This team won't go any where in the direction of PLAYOFFS until Pegula wakes up an learns about what winning is..... Perhaps he should ask Robert Kraft an jerry jones. Whaley is an idiot....clashes with the Coaches. he could not put a successful flea circus together......Save you cash fans.

clooneysized.jpg

At least we can pass on the clowns rated as 1st round QB talent this year and draft defense. Better yet trade out of 10 and get some extra picks. The Bills need numbers.

I always though that was a good plan that they would draft Chad Kelly in a later round. The kid does have some measureables TT. Cardale Kelly. I can live with that.

Didn't your 5th grade teacher tell you what happens when we Assume?

I am so happy to discuss things with another defeatist...

not.

If you're looking for optimism, this isn't the place ha! We're all defeatists here. Because we all love an incompetent organization.

Tyrod's restructure was the right move if you're worried that you'll lose your job in 1 year (Whaley). I think he's a smart high quality game manager. He's a threat to run and really safe with the ball. he's got a strong arm. He's not the most accurate QB, but compared to EJ who could throw a rock at the ground and miss, he's the best we've got. I don't think he's good enough. The film others have provided over the last few years indicate that he flat out doesn't see the field like a winning QB needs to. But he IS without question the best we could get for 2017. Assuming we should be focused on winning in 2017...

It's frustrating for many of us because many of us think that (in addition to firing virtually everyone that has been here for more than 10 years) the team really needs to just freaking pick a year and TANK! Maybe two years. If you tank in year 1 and a viable franchise QB isn't there, take another team anchor (DT, DE, OT, WR, whatever) and then plan to tank again until you get that QB.

We've been a 6 - 8 win team FOREVER! Tyrod is a 6 - 8 (maybe 9) win QB.

We're spinning our damn wheels with an incompetent, unqualified GM that doesn't even have clear job duties. And then there's good old Russ Brandon. One of the most consistent aspects of this teams suckiness over the years has been good old Russ.

I hear he's a brilliant marketing genius though.

Anyway, don't take offense to negativity. Virtually anyone that has been here on the Range for any length of time is completely and TOTALLY fed up with this idiotic organization. The Pollyanna's have all been driven out. I'll never agree with anyone optimistic about this franchise with the current "leadership" running the place, but we could use a few of those positive voices back IMO. Even if it's just for shits and giggles and a good old fashioned argument.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

If you're looking for optimism, this isn't the place ha! We're all defeatists here. Because we all love an incompetent organization.

Tyrod's restructure was the right move if you're worried that you'll lose your job in 1 year (Whaley). I think he's a smart high quality game manager. He's a threat to run and really safe with the ball. he's got a strong arm. He's not the most accurate QB, but compared to EJ who could throw a rock at the ground and miss, he's the best we've got. I don't think he's good enough. The film others have provided over the last few years indicate that he flat out doesn't see the field like a winning QB needs to. But he IS without question the best we could get for 2017. Assuming we should be focused on winning in 2017...

It's frustrating for many of us because many of us think that (in addition to firing virtually everyone that has been here for more than 10 years) the team really needs to just freaking pick a year and TANK! Maybe two years. If you tank in year 1 and a viable franchise QB isn't there, take another team anchor (DT, DE, OT, WR, whatever) and then plan to tank again until you get that QB.

We're spinning our damn wheels with an incompetent, unqualified GM that doesn't even have clear job duties. And then there's good old Russ Brandon. One of the most consistent aspects of this teams suckiness over the years has been good old Russ.

I hear he's a brilliant marketing genius though.

Anyway, don't take offense to negativity. Virtually anyone that has been here on the Range for any length of time is completely and TOTALLY fed up with this idiotic organization. The Pollyanna's have all been driven out. I'll never agree with anyone optimistic about this franchise with the current "leadership" running the place, but we could use a few of those positive voices back IMO. Even if it's just for shits and giggles and a good old fashioned argument.

I'm just a FNG here but you are spot on with TT and the future of this franchise.I'll say it again:DRAFT A QB EVERY YEAR UNTIL YOU FIND YOUR GUY!

Taylor needs to improve his weak area's of his game, throwing with anticipation, throwing with poise from the pocket and throwing WR's open with good ball placement(more consistently) and being more aggressive with his throws. That cap number is very cheap for a starting QB but he does have to improve. I am all for an all out competition at QB and Taylor having to earn the spot and not having it given to him. If there is a talented QB in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd rounds the Bills should draft him and bring him in for the competition.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The defense gave away at least 3 games last year. This easily could have been a 10-6 season if the defense did its job.

It's just an opinion. Great news for you is that I could be wrong, that's how opinions work.

Oh look, 9 posts and you're already an asshole.

I can't believe they got him to take less money. I was against bringing him back but this is a very good price for him.

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Amen...... I am a very realistic fan. This team won't go any where in the direction of PLAYOFFS until Pegula wakes up an learns about what winning is..... Perhaps he should ask Robert Kraft an jerry jones. Whaley is an idiot....clashes with the Coaches. he could not put a successful flea circus together......Save you cash fans.

It amazes me how many people go with the Buffalo media narrative against Whaley.

this was a fkg fantastic deal for the bills

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

honestly im finding it hard to believe they could get this out of tyrod. even if the market was cool on him you would think he could do better than this. i dont even see any of the bonus money he was going to get, either in the severance bonus if they cut him or the roster or whatever bonus he got if he stayed. so that part is just gone meaning he basically took a massive pay cut

on top of that, its a very low cap hit, and yet another easy out for the bills in two years. incredible win for the bills. never thought it would end up this good for the team

the market must have been way cooler on him than anybody expected. i absolutely figured he would just take buffalos severance money (i think it was ten mil) and get another 18m per season contract from another desperate team like the browns or jets. tyrod absolutely could have made more money that way and he had the option, there was nothing the bills could do if he wanted to go that route

you gotta think that tyrod looked at the offers from teams like the jets and browns and figured it was only going to end up a few mil more and those teams were a lot further away from contending than the bills. otherwise, this really makes little sense

wow. idk how it happened but whatever, you gotta give kudos to the bills. great job

now we just gotta hope tyrod improves his weak areas and outplays that contract. im sure the bills will be happy to bump him in '19 if he does

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

It amazes me how many people go with the Buffalo media narrative against Whaley.

I live in New Jersey. Used to drive up to the games when I realized all Ralph Wilson cared about is the FAN'S MONEY. This time different owner SAME APPLIES.................... knowing that Pegula has no clue about winning. Is a BUSINESS ONLY MAN.....just want's the fan's hard earned money. and.............. Whaley knows the major problem is THE QB...he failed to address this......Kirk Cousins told the Redskins owner Daniel Snyder he want's a trade... This pocket passer will put the bills in the playoffs....

clooneysized.jpg

cmon be nice to the new posters ralphie

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

cmon be nice to the new posters ralphie

Have to say I did get a laugh. Just because I only have 10 posts here doesn't mean this is my first rodeo.

Bills will stink again because Tyrod stinks.

Same ol crappy qb play different year and coaching staff. the Buffalo Bills messy organization revolves again.... smh

clooneysized.jpg