daryls61

Bills sign new contract with Tyrod Taylor; He's staying in Buffalo!

Great news!! I'm very happy to hear this myself. Now that that part is taken care of hopefully they will get him some more weapons. Davis at 10 plz. And by all means they still should draft a QB somewhere in this draft. Maybe take a flyer on Kelly in the later rounds lol

Great news!! I'm very happy to hear this myself. Now that that part is taken care of hopefully they will get him some more weapons. Davis at 10 plz. And by all means they still should draft a QB somewhere in this draft. Maybe take a flyer on Kelly in the later rounds lol

The wild card in all this is Cardale and how he is seen as a long term answer at QB. I don't claim to know the answer.

Does this pave the way for Chad Kelly in the 5th round? You know Doug is going to draft s QB at some point in this draft.

Not sure Kelly would have been a 5th round pick without his issues. With them, he's almost certainly going to be a 7th round-undrafted type guy.

Resident Choad Mike Rodak who is bitter he can't cover the Cheatriots chimes in:

Grade C: I'll give this an average grade because I believe the Bills are opting for an average quarterback. While the terms of Taylor's restructured contract were not immediately available when the team announced his return Wednesday, it is unlikely that he took a significant pay cut (or any) in order to remain with a team that showed little faith in benching him late last season. Taylor would have other suitors on the free-agent market -- likely the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets -- so Taylor surely had financial incentive to remain in Buffalo. The Bills will keep their fans happy and in their seats at New Era Field by keeping their starting quarterback, but there are legitimate questions about whether Taylor can get the team to where they want to be. This is a safe decision by a team that did not want to shake things up too much.

What it means: The Bills are maintaining the status quo instead of embarking on a rebuild that would have likely included drafting a quarterback in the first or second rounds next month. That means the Bills, who went 7-9 last season, believe they have enough pieces in place to make the playoffs in 2017. But as the past two seasons have shown, that might not be enough. Taylor has limitations as a passer -- his numbers were below average on third downs and pitiful in late-game situations -- and the impact of his athleticism in winning games has been debatable. The Bills' front office seemed to share those concerns in not committing to Taylor after this past season, but it is clear new coach Sean McDermott and offensive coordinator Rick Dennison feel strongly enough about Taylor for him to stay.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27550/bills-risk-status-quo-by-opting-for-safe-decision-on-tyrod-taylor

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Watson could very well be Geno 2.0 in the NFL. He doesn't seem like an Andrew Luck type prospect to me.

?? Gene 2.0 ?? Prospect ???? Where did you come from?

Not sure Kelly would have been a 5th round pick without his issues. With them, he's almost certainly going to be a 7th round-undrafted type guy.

Without the Combine he will be un-drafted.

This is great news. It allows us to properly bring up a young guy and his contact is insanely team friendly. If you want a Watson the Bills can still get him, and do it right instead of throwing him to the wolves like they did with EJ.

Rodak is such a tool - he posted an article in which the Bills let TT go and it was a hatchet job, then he realized that the Bills didn't release TT and retracts the post. Now they keep TT and he says basically that TT is crap and that he is getting paid to much. Please ESPN assign him to NE he is such a tool I can't stand him.

All Watson did in college was consistently win on the big stage against the best teams. He is no Geno.

He's got 1000x more character in one of his limbs than Geno has in his entire body.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

This is a great move. Absolutely best case scenario, given the dicey situation.

Saves almost 7M in cap space this year. Frees up room to make a splash.

Go get Tony Jefferson!

?? Gene 2.0 ?? Prospect ???? Where did you come from?

It's just an opinion. Great news for you is that I could be wrong, that's how opinions work.

It's just an opinion. Great news for you is that I could be wrong, that's how opinions work.

You'll begin to notice that around here people don't really understand how opinions work.

Ew stuck in mediocrity but hey at least we'll be in the "hunt" and miss out on Darnold , Rosen

Go bills

reinhart2-wjc-2014.jpg

MY TOP TEN 2014

1.Sam Reinhart 2. Aaron Ekblad 3. leon Draisaitl 4. Nikolaj Ehlers. 5 Michael DalColle 6. . Sam Bennett

7. Nick Ritchie 8 Brendan Perlini 9 Haydn Fleury 10 David Pastrnak.

MY TOP TEN 2015

1A Connor McDavid . 1B Jack Eichel 3.Mitchell Marner 4. Noah Hanifin 5.Mathew Barzal Dylan Strome 6. 7.Oliver Kylington 8. Pavel Zacha 9.Zach Werenski 10. Nick Merkley

Matthew Barzal , Connor Mcdavid Watch is on ...

Resident Choad Mike Rodak who is bitter he can't cover the Cheatriots chimes in:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27550/bills-risk-status-quo-by-opting-for-safe-decision-on-tyrod-taylor

Rodak is stupid.

If his job...shit, his whole career was on the line like it is for McDermott he would take the "safe" route too.

Also, not playing him in the season finale was just freaking smart. It was 100% correct not to play your QB in a game that was more worthless than a preseason contest. Hell, any team that started a good QB in a meaningless week 17 game was silly.

Lastly, although it probably won't play out this way, I'm reserving final judgment until after the draft. I still think they need to invest in a QB early and if they do, I will like this move even more.

This is a great move. Absolutely best case scenario, given the dicey situation.

Saves almost 7M in cap space this year. Frees up room to make a splash.

Go get Tony Jefferson!

Great move.

N

In Jimbo I Trust

Team,

Like it or not Tyrod did the team a true solid. He is a character guy who did Right by his team. He will need some weapons to help him after the WR exodus.

Also, we will need a mobile QB if we do not fix the right side of the line. So all things considered this may be the best stop gap option for the near future

This draft is super deep at CB and Safety. Stock up some quality picks in the first 3 rounds and maybe draft a QB. With our schedule, we are in tough, but end of the day Tyrod could've made this worse. On to the draft!

Maybe Pegula sold him some stock in the Harbor Center & a no $$$ rent deal on one of those luxury loft apartments in downtown Bflo (ala :what Kraft does with Brady).This move still buys us time to find THE guy @QB.We'll find out during the draft.If OBD fails to address the QB position,then we'll know for sure.If report's are true & cap hit is only $10m per yr.for the next 2,we'll be OK while McDermitt gets this team squared away.DRAFT A QB EVERT DOG GONE YEAR UNTIL YOU FIND YOUR GUY!

sadly I say that this team is going absolutely NO WHERE.... An owner that lacks the real idea to build a winner. along with a GM that could not assemble a flea circus............. Save your money Bills fans. Don't feel obligated to put money in this owner's pocket.....

clooneysized.jpg

This rare exclusive piece of art created by: Millertime.

Great move.

Facts

I can live with this move. Cheapest starting Vet-QB in the game tells me Doug did his job.

Tyrod Regressed his second year.. What did Ryan's do to him that made him regress?

Our offense last year ranked 6th (yes I know our passing offense ranked last..)

We have a coaching staff that is great with working with what we have and its well known they like spread offense witch will help Tyrod all the way around with his reads

IF Tyrod improves from 2 years ago with his throwing even by a small percent then it would help us make new games.

what was a better option this year? unknown draft talent? Free Agents that are not much better then TT? we all know where Romo is going.. a winning proven team/system.

one last note.. This is not the NHL.. NFL teams do not tank for a draft.. Some may note Indy? but what happened when they did that? 0 depth in key positions... I don't want a team that's going to go out in first round of playoffs every year do you?

lets use our brains and be positive.

PrimeTime out!

Don't assume.. Hope

Don't hate.. Hope

Because Hope is all I have left

gotta praise doug on getting the restructure done. i do think its probably the best possible outcome right now

also gotta praise ty for being agreeable since he coulda just taken bflos severance money and gone elsewhere for more. and i hear the contract has out clauses for the bills after two years, which is amazing that they again are able to negotiate flexibility

all the talk about what a terrible contract that last one was, and yet it gave them the flexibility to get to this end result. i still think it was a great contract that unfortunately ended in the worst possible way, with ty doing enough to stay an nfl starter somewhere but not enough to pay almost 30m for '17. now thats all moot bc it put them in position to get this restructure done

credit is given where its deserved and doug & co got the job done on this imo

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

The wild card in all this is Cardale and how he is seen as a long term answer at QB. I don't claim to know the answer.

I don't know what the answer is, but I know what it's not: Cardale Jones. Not in the short-term. Not in the long term. Not even sure why he wasn't on the same bus as Carpenter and Robey...

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile