daryls61

Bills sign new contract with Tyrod Taylor; He's staying in Buffalo!

Well this sucks:

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

It is the way.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

I think that is a great job by the an often inept front office. Get him to lower the cap hit but still provides a solid starter for the team moving forward. You aren't going to find anyone better in free agency than what he offers.

• Thanks 1

My source called it from Day 1.

Whaley does NOT want to blow this all up.

He is going all-in for next year.

He has more power than he ever has before, given to him by Pegula, and he's doing his best to make the playoffs next year.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I'm ok with this depending on the terms of the deal. Doesn't stop us from drafting a QB this year, or next year, but hopefully prevents reaching on one in a mediocre QB draft and free agency.

Would like to see a capable backup brought in, however. Cardale doesn't inspire confidence in me.

Get him a decent WR besides Watkins and I think we can really score some points. Hell now you can even trade back from 10 and get more picks. Draft a day one prospect next year if you don't like what you see. I really think this was the best possible outcome for everyone.

If they use incentives in the contract like TD's thrown and making the playoffs this could really be a good thing. The Bill's get TD's and playoffs from Taylor and he gets paid. It will be interesting to see the contract.

I'm ok with this depending on the terms of the deal. Doesn't stop us from drafting a QB this year, or next year, but hopefully prevents reaching on one in a mediocre QB draft and free agency.

Would like to see a capable backup brought in, however. Cardale doesn't inspire confidence in me.

Right on the money. Doesn't stop us from drafting and grooming a QB for two years.

What can I say?? Always expect Buffalo to go for the easiest fixes.

Same old same old, thats why I love this team. Better hope DeShawn

doesn't get picked by the Jets. If so you will see a winner at least twice a year.

It is the way.

If they couldn't trade Tyrod, then I think this is the best case.

- Reduces the cost to the team to keep him. Didn't really see anything much better out there that we could have gotten. We picked up 6 million on cap room (much needed).

- Still a ton of player will be gone in FA. I hope that losing players like Zach Brown isn't the true cost to keeping Tyrod...

- Now we can discuss picking up a WR FA. Good or Bad we have a QB that can hit the long ball.

He's the best QB we could get for next season.

The problem is the morons running the organization are all fighting for their jobs so they'll do whatever it takes to try and win. Pegula doesn't realize that he needs to blow the entire fucking thing up before anything will improve.

Russ and Doug MUST GO or it's all a pointless charade. And Pegs is the only one that doesn't realize it.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

One thing I will say is that TT is a real team player. He did not have to renegotiate and if option not picked up, he could have made more money on the open market. I like what TT brings to the team. Obviously the coaches do also. It will be interesting to see the total deal. If it is really a two year deal and year to year after that then Buffalo is in a win-win. I hope the new coaches can bring out the best in TT and the rest of this team. They are going to need it with the brutal schedule they will be facing. Go Bills.

Get him a decent WR besides Watkins and I think we can really score some points. Hell now you can even trade back from 10 and get more picks. Draft a day one prospect next year if you don't like what you see. I really think this was the best possible outcome for everyone.

I love the trade down-ability this restructuring provides. I like Tyrod (at a lower price) and I look at it like this, does getting rid of him make us better or worse immediately. I think it would have made the Bills worse off, and I don't think we could have snagged a better QB in FA and it isn't like there is a no-doubt QB in the draft (like Andrew Luck). So, keeping TT is a smart move IMO.

I'm equally fascinated by, AND indifferent to, this entire post.

http://www.cvillebillsbackers.com

Central Virginia's Home of the Buffalo Bills Backers

<br>

Agreed. I don't know where I saw it, but it seems they are looking at Hoyer right now as well. Good for competition/backup? I think so

EDIT: Looks like Hoyer's moving on http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/8/14857366/buffalo-bills-free-agency-2017-brian-hoyer-tyrod-taylor

<br>

Seems like Tyrod cut the Bills a pretty massive break here. Some serious loyalty on his part based on what's leaked of the contract details so far.

Does this pave the way for Chad Kelly in the 5th round? You know Doug is going to draft s QB at some point in this draft.

Oh boy! Not sold on Chad. Seems to be a bit unstable. Then again.. that may just be a perfect fit for us :-P

<br>

7-9 in perpetuity.

It's like watching a team in quicksand.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Watson could very well be Geno 2.0 in the NFL. He doesn't seem like an Andrew Luck type prospect to me.

All Watson did in college was consistently win on the big stage against the best teams. He is no Geno.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

I hope the new coaches can bring out the best in TT and the rest of this team. They are going to need it with the brutal schedule they will be facing. Go Bills.

Here's how I feel about TT's potential: I believe he still has the same potential as he had 2 years ago (maybe even more now that he has starter experience), but he couldn't live up to it under Rex. Sure, he isn't the "elite" QB we all want, and we can all see his limitations, but I still think he could be a better than serviceable QB now that his potential won't be held down by the Rex regime. I cross my fingers and hope that with better coaching, we'll see a much improved Tyrod.

Here's hoping

<br>

Great draft for corners with TT back we can trade down still get a good corner and let gilmore walk. Boom cap issues solved.