LiterateStylish

I decided; It should be Matt Patricia

mattpatricia-1.png

And it has literally NOTHING to do with him being on Belichick's staff. I'd actually prefer he wasn't.

It has to do with knowledge of the game.

For once, I want a bonafide smart motherfucker as our coach. A guy who knows every situation, every scheme, every play, every tendency.

Remember when teams would just toy with Jauron? Remember the punt/no punt/punt fiasco where Belichick schooled him?

I want our coach to be the smartest mother fucker in the stadium.

Matt Patricia gives us that.

He isn't punting on 4th and 2. The analytics say not to.

Background

>> Patricia has been with the Patriots since 2004.

>> He's a rocket scientist. Literally. He studied aeronautical engineering at Rensselaer, and was being recruited by Boeing when he applied to be a Patriots assistant.

>> Local connections: He was an assistant coach at Syracuse and a D-Line coach at Amherst.

>> He knows the game as much, or more, than any other coach in the NFL. He lives and sleeps at Gillete stadium, on an air mattress in his office where he takes cat naps inbetween digesting NFL game film.

>> He brought Analytics to the Patriots before Analytics was a thing (fad).

>> He studies game film so fervently that he recognizes tendencies that no one else does, not even Belichick. One article noted how he was able to figure out which way a certain teams slot receiver would run on every play, by the way the receives foot placed his foot on the line of scrimmage.

>> After 12 years with the Patriots, he understands how systems, maturity, and continuity matter.

>> Belichick has recycled LB after LB after LB through his sytem, trading away key guys like Collins and Jones, and yet Patricia keeps churning out studs.

>> He interviewed for head coaching positions last year.

Actual Stats

>> #1 in Points per Game

>> #4 in 3rd down %

>> #3 in 1st downs given up

>> #3 rushing defense

>> #1 rushing TD defense

>> Top 10 rushing defense every year he has been a Coordinator.

>> Rushing TD's given up? He has been #1, #6, #2, #8, and the worst he has ever been is #11.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia have been considered among the best minds in football for a while now. The jobs they’re doing this season — their latest gems came in a 16-3 victory over the Broncos on Sunday — have only bolstered their standing.

Patricia is being lauded for virtually revamping the defense on a near-weekly basis. He has dealt with personnel shuffling — including the offseason trade of Chandler Jones, the early suspension of Rob Ninkovich and the Jamie Collins trade in midseason— but has also managed to give his defense, devoid of big stars, completely new looks almost every week, depending on the opponent.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2016/12/20/patriots-coordinators-coaching-resumes

Matt Patricia, if he takes a HC job this year, is not coming to the Buffalo Bills.

McDaniels or Patricia, if they do leave, would likely prefer to avoid the AFC altogether - you can bet your ass that they don't want to be stuck in the same division as daddy.

Nice pipe-dream though.

I've only ever really met 1 football fan, of course. Forgot to mention that earlier.

Yeah, but can he tell the difference between a Barolo and a Bordeaux red?

Snarking aside ... he's an excellent pick. The right pick even. I just have no confidence in this Front Office allowing someone smarter then them in the room. Heck, Coughlin wasn't brought on to make sure Russ was still allowed to sit next to Terry in the owners box.

Matt Patricia, if he takes a HC job this year, is not coming to the Buffalo Bills.

McDaniels or Patricia, if they do leave, would likely prefer to avoid the AFC altogether - you can bet your ass that they don't want to be stuck in the same division as daddy.

Nice pipe-dream though.

I agree with you there.

I think he probably sees himself as "too good" for Buffalo.

But he would be my #1 target.

Pegula would have to pay top dollar for Patricia to even consider.

This is a clown show.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

I would be OK with him. His OC choice would be critical though.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

I like him but I hate that we'd have to wait until they are out of the playoffs to hire him. I don't expect them to make a quick exit and most assistant coaches will be scooped up by then.

I like him but I hate that we'd have to wait until they are out of the playoffs to hire him. I don't expect them to make a quick exit and most assistant coaches will be scooped up by then.

Would have to get a commitment from him.

They are going to have a heck of a time getting someone to come to Buffalo. Come to our team, the worst organization in the NFL (if not the country). our president sucks, our GM sucks and can't get along with any coach, you get no say in the players on the roster, you have no QB, the fan base is turning against us, and well let us see that resume.

Most guys won't take an interview until their season is over.

I like your reasoning in this choice. I like him too. But he will learn from mangini and avoid taking a job in daddies shadow.

They are going to have a heck of a time getting someone to come to Buffalo. Come to our team, the worst organization in the NFL (if not the country). our president sucks, our GM sucks and can't get along with any coach, you get no say in the players on the roster, you have no QB, the fan base is turning against us, and well let us see that resume.

You forgot the other reason; Us firing a very high profile coach in less than 2 years.

There is a window where coordinators on playoff teams can be interviewed. I would be on board with Patricia and Lynn as OC. I think Tyrod would resign in this senario.

My first choice would be Bevell with Bradley as DC and become Seahawks east. Probably no Tyrod in this senario so would need QB. A possibility with the success Wilson has had and similar skill set with Tyrod.

Just my 2 Cents

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

I think the Bills are slightly more stable than the Cleveland Browns.

Unfortunately, Mr. Pegula has to fire a couple guys that sit in the front office before he can get someone in there to turn the Bills around.

If you look back just a couple years ago, the Raiders were a disaster and everyone claimed that no coach would want to be a part of that organization. They are doing okay now. So, a turn around is possible...someday.

There is a window where coordinators on playoff teams can be interviewed. I would be on board with Patricia and Lynn as OC. I think Tyrod would resign in this senario.

My first choice would be Bevell with Bradley as DC and become Seahawks east. Probably no Tyrod in this senario so would need QB. A possibility with the success Wilson has had and similar skill set with Tyrod.

Gotta wonder how pissed Tyrod is (or isn't) that they benched him this week.

I doubt he is that upset. He had to know when he signed contract this was a possible senario. If he is pissed, be pissed at his agent, not the Bills for protecting themselves.

What happens between now and the option deadline will all be major public negotiating.

Just my 2 Cents

mattpatricia-1.png

And it has literally NOTHING to do with him being on Belichick's staff. I'd actually prefer he wasn't.

It has to do with knowledge of the game.

For once, I want a bonafide smart motherfucker as our coach. A guy who knows every situation, every scheme, every play, every tendency.

Remember when teams would just toy with Jauron? Remember the punt/no punt/punt fiasco where Belichick schooled him?

I want our coach to be the smartest mother fucker in the stadium.

Matt Patricia gives us that.

He isn't punting on 4th and 2. The analytics say not to.

Background

>> Patricia has been with the Patriots since 2004.

>> He's a rocket scientist. Literally. He studied aeronautical engineering at Rensselaer, and was being recruited by Boeing when he applied to be a Patriots assistant.

>> Local connections: He was an assistant coach at Syracuse and a D-Line coach at Amherst.

>> He knows the game as much, or more, than any other coach in the NFL. He lives and sleeps at Gillete stadium, on an air mattress in his office where he takes cat naps inbetween digesting NFL game film.

>> He brought Analytics to the Patriots before Analytics was a thing (fad).

>> He studies game film so fervently that he recognizes tendencies that no one else does, not even Belichick. One article noted how he was able to figure out which way a certain teams slot receiver would run on every play, by the way the receives foot placed his foot on the line of scrimmage.

>> After 12 years with the Patriots, he understands how systems, maturity, and continuity matter.

>> Belichick has recycled LB after LB after LB through his sytem, trading away key guys like Collins and Jones, and yet Patricia keeps churning out studs.

>> He interviewed for head coaching positions last year.

Actual Stats

>> #1 in Points per Game

>> #4 in 3rd down %

>> #3 in 1st downs given up

>> #3 rushing defense

>> #1 rushing TD defense

>> Top 10 rushing defense every year he has been a Coordinator.

>> Rushing TD's given up? He has been #1, #6, #2, #8, and the worst he has ever been is #11.

Great. I'll take him. Who's the QB?

mattpatricia-1.png

And I put the over/under for you complaining about him and claiming that you're smarter than him at 8.5 games.

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

It would be a great hire which means we won't get him.

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

I don't think anyone could really complain if this was our hire.... that said, i don't think he'd wanna come here. Would take one hell of a pitch from the FO....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Adopt A Bill is Aaron Willams.

god please no

coordinators from teams with elite qbs are never as good as they appear. just think it through, examples of success in those situations is very rare. thats bc its an illusion

id rather go with alynn and try to get some continuity. maybe we get lucky and rexy takes his mouth to commentary so thurman sticks around. id be most happy with that

and no to coughlin

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

god please no

coordinators from teams with elite qbs are never as good as they appear. just think it through, examples of success in those situations is very rare. thats bc its an illusion

id rather go with alynn and try to get some continuity. maybe we get lucky and rexy takes his mouth to commentary so thurman sticks around. id be most happy with that

and no to coughlin

Not sure how Brady gives the defense a top 5 ranking in nearly every category.

And if he someone has that magical power, not sure why he didn't do it the 10 years before Patricia took over.

The only way the offense gives the defense a higher rank is through continous ball control (including no turnovers). Pats do so much on offense that they are not consistent with that. They have only average 3 minutes more on offense.

I would have to agree with Dick-hea.... I mean Lit. This guy seems like the real deal.

The only way the offense gives the defense a higher rank is through continous ball control (including no turnovers). Pats do so much on offense that they are not consistent with that. They have only average 3 minutes more on offense.

I would have to agree with Dick-hea.... I mean Lit. This guy seems like the real deal.

lol

Thanks