wagoncircler

At what point does Pegula look at how is money is being spent and fire everyone?

Seriously. What's it going to take for him to take inventory?

Tyrod? Big contract. Based on what? It looks like we got suckered again.

LeSean McCoy? Is this raging mediocrity worth what the tens of millions of guaranteed money that was spent on his contact?

Marcel Dareus? How did he look on Sunday? Oh, yeah.

Sammy Watkins? Has he been worth the assets spent to acquire him? Hell no. I don't care what the reasons are. You don't spend that capital on a WR unless you are positive that you have a QB to get him the ball.

You could go through the entire roster and coaching and management staff and ask yourself if performance matches the dollars spent.

If I'm Pegula, it's time to Darcy the entire organization and start from scratch.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

This team will go nowhere with multiple offseason SB winner in the HC position.

He can design a good defence, but cannot ingrain and discipline in his team and cannot think on his feet.

Fatal weaknesses for a HC.

I've only ever really met 1 football fan, of course. Forgot to mention that earlier.

This team will go nowhere with multiple offseason SB winner in the HC position.

He can design a good defence, but cannot ingrain and discipline in his team and cannot think on his feet.

Fatal weaknesses for a HC.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Rex, but this teams problems go FAR past the coaches.

Wagon nailed it.

We have a GM who overspends on assets that don't produce.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

FYI - The T-mobile contract is not a big $ contract. He is essentially playing for big $ this year because if he is bad, like yesterday, Bills will not be picking up that option.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Seriously. What's it going to take for him to take inventory?

Tyrod? Big contract. Based on what? It looks like we got suckered again.

LeSean McCoy? Is this raging mediocrity worth what the tens of millions of guaranteed money that was spent on his contact?

Marcel Dareus? How did he look on Sunday? Oh, yeah.

Sammy Watkins? Has he been worth the assets spent to acquire him? Hell no. I don't care what the reasons are. You don't spend that capital on a WR unless you are positive that you have a QB to get him the ball.

You could go through the entire roster and coaching and management staff and ask yourself if performance matches the dollars spent.

If I'm Pegula, it's time to Darcy the entire organization and start from scratch.

My question is how hasn't this happened already? He has given out plenty of extensions tho. Amazing

FYI - The I'm a fag contract is not a big $ contract. He is essentially playing for big $ this year because if he is bad, like yesterday, Bills will not be picking up that option.

The question is simple: Why in HELL did you need to commit to that contract right now?

Are they really THAT afraid that Cleveland, San Fran, or some other team would unload a huge deal on him?

No. If Taylor had a great season, he'd know that he would want to stay in the system that he knows and performed well in.

But this is typical Bills shit. Whaley got rattled and unloaded someone else's money on Taylor.

It's called a POVERTY MINDSET. You think inherently that you're not good enough, and will overpay just to have someone placated.

This franchise does NOT think long term ever. They have 20 bucks in their pocket and want to spend it.

They NEED to tank. They need to fall off the map and be in position to acquire a high end QB.

But no. Throw a bunch of pieces together around a mediocre QB and hope. Give up draft picks to acquire Watkins and have NOTHING to utilize him. It's just sad.

.....And you can put it on the board!

FYI - The T-mobile contract is not a big $ contract. He is essentially playing for big $ this year because if he is bad, like yesterday, Bills will not be picking up that option.

What?

I'm assuming you mean Tyrod?

We had him for $3 mil. We TRIPLED that to $9 mil.

Unnecessarily.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

And now we find out that, YET AGAIN, Sammy Watkins may miss several weeks with an injury.

Maybe we should tally up games missed by injury by first and second round draft choices.

Whaley is all about making a big noise with picks and acquisitions, regardless of their injury history. "We had this guy targeting in the first, but we got him in the second, AND we got our guy in the first!" Well, guess what? Neither guy is playing this year.

It all fits into the hype narrative.

"We've FINALLY found our franchise QB!"

"We got LeSean McCoy! We're going to play ground and pound football!"

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

What?

I'm assuming you mean Tyrod?

We had him for $3 mil. We TRIPLED that to $9 mil.

Unnecessarily.

Yeah, but we were told by the local media that they eliminated all the distractions surrounding a new contract. Tyrod can go out and play football.

Well, Tyrod showed us yesterday how he plays when he doesn't have to worry anymore.

Yeah, it's not hard to see.

The guy is not great. Never will be.

He'll be good at times. Just like Fitz was.

It's consistency that makes you great, and THAT is what you pay big money for.

The question is simple: Why in HELL did you need to commit to that contract right now?

Are they really THAT afraid that Cleveland, San Fran, or some other team would unload a huge deal on him?

No. If Taylor had a great season, he'd know that he would want to stay in the system that he knows and performed well in.

But this is typical Bills shit. Whaley got rattled and unloaded someone else's money on Taylor.

It's called a POVERTY MINDSET. You think inherently that you're not good enough, and will overpay just to have someone placated.

This franchise does NOT think long term ever. They have 20 bucks in their pocket and want to spend it.

They NEED to tank. They need to fall off the map and be in position to acquire a high end QB.

But no. Throw a bunch of pieces together around a mediocre QB and hope. Give up draft picks to acquire Watkins and have NOTHING to utilize him. It's just sad.

This ....

That's what I tell the ..... "But what if he balls then he's gonna be super expensive and we could lose him to free agency" crowd.

If he balls he would be an idiot to want out and start from scratch somewhere else. Oh and did I mention this thingie called Franchise Tag ???

The Taylor deal was idiotic. I don't care if it has outs. We overpaid for a guy that has yet to prove his worth.

This is the Fitz, Jauron thing all over again. Russ Brandon trying to get guys on the cheap irregardless of its needed.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I understand the entire dynamic.

You had Ralph running the show, and his main income source was the revenue generated from the Bills. So, cash to cap.

So then you have years of guys that won't get another chance elsewhere, so they come in cheap. They're afraid to think big picture and do what's immediately viable to keep their jobs. Thus, band-aids are applied to sell hope, go 7-9, and say "we were ALMOST there."

Then you have entrenched management. So a new owner steps in. He knows nothing about running a football team, so he relies on the management to teach him. Well, that "Bills way" was under Ralph, and it simply did not work. But that is what Pegula is learning.

He needs Russ and Overdorf to teach him roster financial management and NFL business principles. Well, he may want to get a second opinion. This shit doesn't work.

If I were a Titans, Eagles, or Browns fan, I'd be hyped. They executed the principle of "sacrificing today for a better tomorrow."

The Titans and Browns will have tons of draft picks coming up. Tennessee has some great young talent on its roster. Oh, and they have a QB.

Philly didn't FLINCH at dumping Bradford. They recovered the first that they lost previously.

That is smart management. Whaley and the gang think "oh, here's a shiny toy I can't afford. I'll go on credit to buy it."

That is your Watkins trade. Oh, and that happened when you had MAJOR doubts about EJ Manuel. The starting QB that year was Kyle Orton!

You had hope to sell, and you show footage of Watkins killing defenses at Clemson. However, you had no QB.

What are you doing?

This team is all about having guys living paycheck to paycheck, hoping that they win the lottery while trying not to get fired.

Nobody is ready to make a hard decision to accomplish a better future.

I'd rather this team go 3-13 and get a shot at a legitimate QB than piss around at 6-7 wins. Hopefully the injury and Tyrod problems surface to the point that this is thrust upon Pegula.

Then, Pegula should hire TOP OUTSIDE management and cleanse this franchise of its past.

If I were a Titans, Eagles, or Browns fan, I'd be hyped. They executed the principle of "sacrificing today for a better tomorrow."

The Titans and Browns will have tons of draft picks coming up.

The thing is, he doesn't even have to look that far for the exact same scenario. He just needs to look within his own organization. Tim Murray is the exact opposite of Doug Whaley. He needs to find a football version of Murray.

He needs to find a football version of Murray.

Right. He needs to find a guy who will ignore a forest of red flags and recklessly give up a basket of assets for a player who will prove to be of little value. Oh . . . wait.

I found it funny that of all the overused, focus group tested words the Bills management verbal diahrea pooped out "consistency"

Not the other overused political word, "accountability" ... but "consistency"

They wanted us to honestly believe that all the Bills past problems are due to not "consistently" having the same coaches and management.

These guys are all safe. They have nothing to "account" for any semblance of successful track record within the organization which would equate to "competency" but they're all safe because of "consistency".

Forget "All In" ... here's consistency ... the team motto for the season should be "And Again"

I hope i'm wrong. Watching these games I just feel numb because I've seen this crap before and I don't see it getting better with the same cast of characters.

Biscuit...you're totally correct.

It's the big company with a shit product, mired in the happiness of a monopoly.

No accountability needed, until someone demands it. The fans sure as hell won't.

The previous owner didn't.

It's up to the new owner to examine it all, take it in, and demand better. I have a feeling he will. It sure as hell happened with the Sabres, and almost on the same timeline.

Right. He needs to find a guy who won't ignore a forest of red flags and recklessly give up a basket of assets for a player who will prove to be of little value. Oh . . . wait.

Please explain this. Do you mean Evander Kane?

If you do, I would say that he was a calculated risk, as was flipping a third rounder for a shot at Vesey.

Murray has been extremely astute at acquiring assets, rather than pissing them away.

On the other hand, Whaley's big splash moves have done ZERO for the franchise. This team is arguably worse off that it was when Dick Jauron was Head Coach, and the QB situation, which has plagued the franchise for years, appears to be just as bad, but more expensive.

I wonder which "One Buffalo" team will make the playoffs first.

Spolier alert: It won't be the football team.

Have you heard Terry talk? The guy is an idiot. I don't have faith it will be anytime soon. I am pretty sure that the drought will hit legal drinking age.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Then, Pegula should hire TOP OUTSIDE management and cleanse this franchise of its past.

Amen. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Have you heard Terry talk? The guy is an idiot. I don't have faith it will be anytime soon. I am pretty sure that the drought will hit legal drinking age.

Yup. The dude sounds like he doesn't know what day it is, or where he's at physically. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

It's really sad at this point. I don't remember what thread it was but i made this big long drawn out post about how i honestly don't even give a crap anymore. I use to get so hyped up for the NFL season. Now, i really don't even care. That's how you know you've run your franchise into the ground. When someone like me, a person that would spend hours and hours on message boards and reading up about the team, doesn't give a shit anymore then you have truly failed as an organization.

I live in Albany but i would happily make the 4 hour journey to the Ralph 2 or 3 times per year. People would buy me tickets as an early X-mas present and i loved it. These last few years it has become a chore. Now people ask me if i'd like Bills tickets or if i want to go to a game and the answer is no i don't want to go and don't buy me that. I'd rather have a nice bottle of single malt scotch for christmas. I had a friend this year ask me if i wanted to go to the Cardinals game. Um.... no! I don't want to waste my time and money on that slaughter. I don't need to be in the car for 4 hours there and 4 hours back to see that mess. Hell, i'm kind of pissed that i went to the local bar and blew 50 bucks to watch the Bills yesterday (Jets and Giants take precedence here in Albany).

It may have taken them 20 years... But i feel like an abused spouse that finally up and left. I honestly do not give a rip about this team. I expect nothing but failure because that is all this team has ever been in the last 20 years. A failure. It's just kind of a joke to me. I'll never be able to root for another team either. So i just really don't care much for the NFL anymore. Sucks...

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

It's really sad at this point. I don't remember what thread it was but i made this big long drawn out post about how i honestly don't even give a crap anymore. I use to get so hyped up for the NFL season. Now, i really don't even care. That's how you know you've run your franchise into the ground. When someone like me, a person that would spend hours and hours on message boards and reading up about the team, doesn't give a shit anymore then you have truly failed as an organization.

I live in Albany but i would happily make the 4 hour journey to the Ralph 2 or 3 times per year. People would buy me tickets as an early X-mas present and i loved it. These last few years it has become a chore. Now people ask me if i'd like Bills tickets or if i want to go to a game and the answer is no i don't want to go and don't buy me that. I'd rather have a nice bottle of single malt scotch for christmas. I had a friend this year ask me if i wanted to go to the Cardinals game. Um.... no! I don't want to waste my time and money on that slaughter. I don't need to be in the car for 4 hours there and 4 hours back to see that mess. Hell, i'm kind of pissed that i went to the local bar and blew 50 bucks to watch the Bills yesterday (Jets and Giants take precedence here in Albany).

It may have taken them 20 years... But i feel like an abused spouse that finally up and left. I honestly do not give a rip about this team. I expect nothing but failure because that is all this team has ever been in the last 20 years. A failure. It's just kind of a joke to me. I'll never be able to root for another team either. So i just really don't care much for the NFL anymore. Sucks...

That's pretty sad, brother. I hear ya! Owning a business and all of that sorta dulled the experience for me, as well. As life gets crazier, any sense of self worth that is tied to a rooting interest (which is the entire concept of fandom) gets less and less.

But damn, it's about to the point now where you can't give up on this shit for no other reason than obstinance! Screw that noise, when they're good, I'm going to scream to everyone about it!

No, they're not paying my payroll taxes. A good Bills team isn't going to drastically change the flow of my life.

But, you BEST believe when these assholes pull their collective heads out of their asses and do things right, it'll be a great time for us all.

We f'n deserve it.

First things first, that old Ralph Wilson smell needs to be eliminated from OBD. God Bless the old guy. He did his thing. It's time for his luggage (cronies) to be shipped out.

I feel the same way. The Bills are coming to CA twice this year, and I have no desire at all to go to either of them.

At this point, I wish someone else bought the team and moved them. I'd be done with the NFL, and be fine with it.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

JK posted about losing interest over the years. A couple years ago I gave up night games and Patriot games. Night games because when the Bills blow it (Like the Dallas game a few years back) I would be so pissed I wouldn't be able to sleep and Patriots games for obvious reasons. Last year I DVRed a lot more games and had my son tell me if I wanted to watch them or not. Yesterday, I had my Granddaughter's 2nd Birthday party, so I only caught a little of the 4th. Enough to get the gist of how the game went. The Jets game is out and the Pats game. So depending on how Thursday's game goes, I might take the entire month of September off. A far fall from living and dying with the Bills in the 80's and 90's.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Sadly Pegula is a nice guy but unfortunately that is also his downfall. He will be too hesitant to clean house, even though it's obvious to most by now. He will waste another season or two minimum before he realizes his mistake.