LiterateStylish

The Vikings new stadium is exactly what the Bills need

My biggest pet peeve of indoor stadiums is how DARK they are.

Look at Ford Field (Lions) ... Or where the Saints play.

Dark... Dingy... Ugly.

Now check out the NATURAL LIGHT in the Vikings new stadium.

So much more airy and open.

Cr_Shw4_AWg_AAc_Mze.jpg

CrSiTUcWEAA2C3x.jpg:large

usb012glass.jpg

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Dark... Dingy... Ugly.

Cr_Shw4_AWg_AAc_Mze.jpg

usb012glass.jpg

How about a combination between Minnesota and Atlanta's new digs?

B U F F A L O

R O A M' E R

10-6 in 2016 PLAYOFF BOUND ?

Never, ever take lesser talent over better talent because of need.

Just say "NO!" to projects in the first round

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/buffalo/billspics.html

Fuck. That. Indoor. Bullshit.

Soccer faggots would love it.

Give me Lambeau II.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

If the Bills are going to build a new stadium, make it a dome or retractable roof downtown. IF they decide they want an open air stadium, then there is no real reason to not just keep refurbishing the one they have. As it has been said, there aren't many outside walls at New Era Field (its basically built into a hole in the ground), so for a fraction of the price of a new stadium, you can just keep 'refurbishing' that one for a few more decades.

If the reason you WANT a new stadium is because you want things that currently aren't possible in Orchard Park (Downtown location, more of a luxury experience, etc) then you build a roof over one downtown.

It just doesn't make sense to build a newer 'clone' of New Era Field downtown for all that money if it is just going to be a newer version. The only reason it makes sense to build a new stadium is if it is going to be vastly different than what you have already. If not, keep it in OP.

serious question, how do they keep the snow off that roof? you get a big blizzard and theres going to be a shit load of weight on that thing if it just sits there. im no engineer but i find it hard to believe they can engineer a span that large that wouldnt risk collapse with ten feet of wet snow on top of it

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Dark... Dingy... Ugly.

Cr_Shw4_AWg_AAc_Mze.jpg

usb012glass.jpg

For as much as we disagree..we agree 100% on this one thats a really nice stadium!

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

serious question, how do they keep the snow off that roof? you get a big blizzard and theres going to be a shit load of weight on that thing if it just sits there. im no engineer but i find it hard to believe they can engineer a span that large that wouldnt risk collapse with ten feet of wet snow on top of it

I thought the same thing.

But it's in Minnesota so obviously it must be able to work.

If the Bills are going to build a new stadium, make it a dome or retractable roof downtown. IF they decide they want an open air stadium, then there is no real reason to not just keep refurbishing the one they have. As it has been said, there aren't many outside walls at New Era Field (its basically built into a hole in the ground), so for a fraction of the price of a new stadium, you can just keep 'refurbishing' that one for a few more decades.

If the reason you WANT a new stadium is because you want things that currently aren't possible in Orchard Park (Downtown location, more of a luxury experience, etc) then you build a roof over one downtown.

It just doesn't make sense to build a newer 'clone' of New Era Field downtown for all that money if it is just going to be a newer version. The only reason it makes sense to build a new stadium is if it is going to be vastly different than what you have already. If not, keep it in OP.

Who said to build a clone?

Fuck. That. Indoor. Bullshit.

Soccer faggots would love it.

Give me Lambeau II.

Just to clarify, what would be Lambeau II?

Just to clarify, what would be Lambeau II?

In general terms, i.e. an outdoor (wholly outdoor, no soccer style roof to protect the delicate snowflakes sitting in the seats) stadium. One that screams FOOTBALL. Not soccer, not Olympic Opening Ceremony. A place to truly be outdoors in Fall and early Winter.

I would love to see an improved in-stadium infrastructure, such as wider concourses and better facilities, but I want the inner bowl to be very much the same as the current Ralph/New Era Field.

A real American football stadium in the tradition of Lambeau or Heinz Filed, but with improvements to everything outside playing/viewing area. Like what Cleveland did, but in a better location for access and egress, and tailgating, even if it means sacrificing some of the current tailgating.

The relationship between Bills and the NFL here is largely about tradition. And since they've been a pretty bad franchise of the lion's share of their existence, we WNYers have made the best of it by creating our own traditions irrespective of how poorly the team is playing.

I like what they did with Yankee Stadium. They honored the tradition of the original stadium (pre-1970s) but they tricked out the new facility to the maximum. When you're in your seat watching a Yankee game, you still feel like you're in Yankee Stadium. But when you leave your seat, it's a vastly improved fan experience. The old ballpark was crumbling and there was only so much they could do to improve it. But rather than making some modern Houston Astros style monstrosity, they created a new park that continued the brand and it's traditions.

That's what we need in a new Bills Stadium.

American football. Not Euro-soccer faggotry.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Might as well do a full refurb on the Ralph then.

You'd have to tear it down and start over. They've done all they can with the existing structure. And don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Ralph, but there are many things that need major improvements, and those need to be done from scratch.

We should never, ever, EVER smell raw sewage at an NFL game. It's bad enough that we have to watch its equivalent on the field.

In general terms, i.e. an outdoor (wholly outdoor, no soccer style roof to protect the delicate snowflakes sitting in the seats) stadium. One that screams FOOTBALL. Not soccer, not Olympic Opening Ceremony. A place to truly be outdoors in Fall and early Winter.

I would love to see an improved in-stadium infrastructure, such as wider concourses and better facilities, but I want the inner bowl to be very much the same as the current Ralph/New Era Field.

A real American football stadium in the tradition of Lambeau or Heinz Filed, but with improvements to everything outside playing/viewing area. Like what Cleveland did, but in a better location for access and egress, and tailgating, even if it means sacrificing some of the current tailgating.

The relationship between Bills and the NFL here is largely about tradition. And since they've been a pretty bad franchise of the lion's share of their existence, we WNYers have made the best of it by creating our own traditions irrespective of how poorly the team is playing.

I like what they did with Yankee Stadium. They honored the tradition of the original stadium (pre-1970s) but they tricked out the new facility to the maximum. When you're in your seat watching a Yankee game, you still feel like you're in Yankee Stadium. But when you leave your seat, it's a vastly improved fan experience. The old ballpark was crumbling and there was only so much they could do to improve it. But rather than making some modern Houston Astros style monstrosity, they created a new park that continued the brand and it's traditions.

Wow.

Well you convinced me.

Wagon, I'm with you but it probably doesn't make sense in termed if $$$. If the new stadium is indoor it opens a lot of other revenue streams to the Pegulas.

Ideally it would be retractable for that other stuff but ALWAYS open for bills games.

I thought the same thing.

But it's in Minnesota so obviously it must be able to work.

I can't link the article from my phone but I read that the roof is significantly sloped and then the snow runs off into essentially a gutter sort of thing where it is melted and drained away.

Wagon, I'm with you but it probably doesn't make sense in termed if $$$. If the new stadium is indoor it opens a lot of other revenue streams to the Pegulas.

Ideally it would be retractable for that other stuff but ALWAYS open for bills games.

I don't believe that it actually does. The music industry has drastically changed. There are few, if any, acts that can fill a football stadium. The Stones just did it, but they are will probably never tour again. Who's left? U2?

The trend in new stadiums is moving away from multi-purpose. MLB and NFL teams no longer share stadiums.

An NFL stadium is too big to serve as a convention center, covered or otherwise.

The notion that Buffalo would ever get a Super Bowl is utter nonsense, and even if we did, it's one event. One. Certainly not worth building a crappy indoor stadium over.

What's left?

Motocross? Field Hockey?

I don't buy the "additional revenue" argument. I did at one time, but then I thought about it, and I couldn't come up with any real prospective revenue sources.

Football is an outdoor sport. Period. If we're building a football stadium, then build a football stadium. Not some hybrid bullshit that aims to be multi-purpose, but serves any purpose poorly.

I can't link the article from my phone but I read that the roof is significantly sloped and then the snow runs off into essentially a gutter sort of thing where it is melted and drained away.

in normal circumstances, yet. even so, i doubt with an epic blizzard in sub zero temps that you could thaw it fast enough to prevent slow from building up. and if you had a slight warming spell with some drizzle while the snow was still up there it could get wet and become really super heavy. my point is that eventually you will assemble conditions that result in huge amounts of weight, which is why i asked how they get the snow off of there if they have to

it would be interesting to talk to an engineer, i suspect they have it figured out, but i doubt that you could rely solely on generated heat to melt it all fast enough to get the job done. there must be other factors or something

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

in normal circumstances, yet. even so, i doubt with an epic blizzard in sub zero temps that you could thaw it fast enough to prevent slow from building up. and if you had a slight warming spell with some drizzle while the snow was still up there it could get wet and become really super heavy. my point is that eventually you will assemble conditions that result in huge amounts of weight, which is why i asked how they get the snow off of there if they have to

it would be interesting to talk to an engineer, i suspect they have it figured out, but i doubt that you could rely solely on generated heat to melt it all fast enough to get the job done. there must be other factors or something

Whether they've figured it out or not, watching a football game inside a greenhouse would suck, and anyone who has ever witnessed a game inside a packed house at One Bills Drive on a crisp day when you can even smell Fall in the air and see the leaves changing from the upper deck, should know that.

Are there December games that require a little sacking up to sit through? Sure there are. But there are a hell of a lot lot of those than there are gorgeous Autumn Sunday afternoons. And it's certainly not worth trashing that experience for one, maybe two cold games a year.

Indoor. Football. Sucks balls.

I don't believe that it actually does. The music industry has drastically changed. There are few, if any, acts that can fill a football stadium. The Stones just did it, but they are will probably never tour again. Who's left? U2?

The trend in new stadiums is moving away from multi-purpose. MLB and NFL teams no longer share stadiums.

An NFL stadium is too big to serve as a convention center, covered or otherwise.

The notion that Buffalo would ever get a Super Bowl is utter nonsense, and even if we did, it's one event. One. Certainly not worth building a crappy indoor stadium over.

What's left?

Motocross? Field Hockey?

I don't buy the "additional revenue" argument. I did at one time, but then I thought about it, and I couldn't come up with any real prospective revenue sources.

Football is an outdoor sport. Period. If we're building a football stadium, then build a football stadium. Not some hybrid bullshit that aims to be multi-purpose, but serves any purpose poorly.

How big would you make it? How many seats?

Meat, I think the roof is far more pitched than it looks like from the pics...I don't know if snow is going to build on it.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-stadium-roof-will-get-snow-melt-system-designed-by-uponor/299364711/

looks like youre right. it looks less pitched in these pics. and that article does a good job describing how they get rid of it once it does land on the roof. must be expensive to run during heavy snowstorms