The way the Bills have responded to Pettine leaving is uncharacteristic to say the least. It's hard to accuse them of acting like "the same old Bills" lately.

Im shocked how well they filled in their open vacancies with Successful/established coaches. Very different than the past.

I was bracing myself for the Bills filling spots with promotions of inexperienced, quality conrol guys but Pepper and Pagac are pleasant surprises.

These guys have experience and attitude. I liked the defensive staff last year but this is a much more proven group.

Still not ready to buy into Marrone yet. But, I like the way he handle the coaching vacancies this off season. Now, if he'd fire Hackett and Crossman and fill those spots with quality guys I'd be ready to believe.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

I think it was Pepper's choice to leave rather than the Pats letting him go.

I'm sure he has dreams of being a DC and he may have felt like he would have better luck with that if he got out of Belicheck's shaddow, much like Pettine wasn't respected until he had success away from Rex.

Edited by bcw

These are uncharacteristically solid moves. I'm liking it. It doesn't sound like Hackett is going anywhere, but the hiring of Jim Hostler as "Senior Offensive Assistant", and adding a QB coach sounds like they're putting in a better position to succeed.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

Wonder why the Pats let him go?

I don't think it was a "let him go" issue I think it was a chance to become a DC this is just a bigger/another step in that direction.. or at least something more than he was getting at the Pats and he jumped at the chance.

Wonder why the Pats let him go?

I don't think it was a "let him go" issue I think it was a chance to become a DC this is just a bigger/another step in that direction.. or at least something more than he was getting at the Pats and he jumped at the chance.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

Pepper left on his own accord on Jan. 21st -

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10327391/pepper-johnson-new-england-patriots-assistant-coach-leaving-team

I was hoping we would get him when I saw he quit so I'm really glad to see this!

Pepper left on his own accord on Jan. 21st -

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10327391/pepper-johnson-new-england-patriots-assistant-coach-leaving-team

I was hoping we would get him when I saw he quit so I'm really glad to see this!

Awesome response from OBD. Instead of wallowing in the usual poor me mode, they took a screw you and went and hired the best, and possibly better available.