Guest BravesBills1310

Mike Pettine to interview with the Browns tomorrow

Who else runs the Ryan D? I think he won't get the job, however he does seem like the type of guy who has a presence and who may Ace the interview so you never know

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, this would be very unfortunate for the Bills, but great for Pettine if he gets it. Pettine was really our one coaching bright spot this past year.

I just read this too.

Seeing Petinne go after just one year would be extreme horrible. He's just made a tremendous difference for the Bills defense, and I hope this is just the beginning.

Seeing Petinne interviewed at all is a bad sign as far as retaining him in the future goes, but I would think that he'd have to have some sustained, long-term success as a defensive coordinator out of the rather large shadow of Rex Ryan before some team would actually hire him as Head Coach. Of course, that's just conjecture because stranger things happen all the time.

Do not want to lose this guy, that's for sure.

This is why we can't have nice things. LOL.

Guest BravesBills1310
Who else runs the Ryan D? I think he won't get the job, however he does seem like the type of guy who has a presence and who may Ace the interview so you never know

Was thinking if they stayed in house Jim O'Neil, he came over with Pettine and has been under him for 5 years now. I was thinking the same thing on Pettine, probably isn't the favorite but I can see him knocking their socks off in the interview.

Just like Braves said.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just to reiterate...NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

It's a compliment to the job that Pettine has done with the defense that they are interviewing him for a head coaching job. I don't see him getting hired anytime soon since this is only his 1st year as a DC with out Rex Ryan on the same team. If I were a GM , I would want to see Pettine have success for a long period of time with out Ryan on the same team before I was confident that he was responsible for the improvement of the defense.

It's important for GM Doug Whaley and HC Doug Marrone to have a short list of good DC in case Pettine does eventually leave to take a HC job.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Cleveland is interviewing everyone under the sun, including the Packers QB coach, Ben McAdoo. He just got named Giants OC, but they're basically looking at everyone. It still makes me nervous hearing about Pettine interviewing for the HC job. I'd be surprised if he got it, but more shocking things have happened.

Terry Pegula talking about Rex Ryan

"This guy right here tells his realtor, 'Where does the most snow fall in the area? I want to live there.' How Buffalo is that?"

I'm thinking he won't get it, but just that he is interviewing means that he won't stay long. I am hoping we get to keep him two more years to establish a good defense and not just improve. My intial reaction was ugh!

Jack Kemp is my official Adopt-an-Alumni Bill

September 25, 1962 -- QB Jack Kemp became a member of the Buffalo Bills when he was claimed off waivers from the San Diego Chargers for $100.

EJ Manuel is my Adopt-A-Bill

2013-Topps-Football-EJ-Manuel-Wal-Mart-Blue-212x300.jpg

The browns have flip flopped from a 3-4 to a base 4-3 so many times the past few seasons I can't imagine them doing it again!

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

The browns have flip flopped from a 3-4 to a base 4-3 so many times the past few seasons I can't imagine them doing it again!

Sounds familiar.

Pettine won't be here for the long haul. If he doesn't get this HC job I expect to see him get one in the next year or two. We need to enjoy him while he's around.

It sounds like they're not in a rush to hire anyone though, as reports are coming out that they really want to interview the Denver offensive coordinator.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like Pettine as a DC but Im not buying that he is the top head coaching candidate out there. He has been around the NFL for a number of years but I'd worry about how good of a staff he can put together, which is huge for me.

You would think that if you fire a hc after just one year you would be going after someone big or the next hot candidate. Pettine is more of an under the radar guy. I imagine their fans would hate it.

It looks to me like the Browns are just waiting for a coach from a playoff team.

An interview does not mean anything. Ask

Russ grimm

I like him as dc but have hardly seen anything to warrant a head coaching gig.

It took mike zimmer 4 years to get a job so i doubt hes going anywhere this soon. Just good interviewing experience.

I like Pettine as a DC but Im not buying that he is the top head coaching candidate out there. He has been around the NFL for a number of years but I'd worry about how good of a staff he can put together, which is huge for me.

You would think that if you fire a hc after just one year you would be going after someone big or the next hot candidate. Pettine is more of an under the radar guy. I imagine their fans would hate it.

It looks to me like the Browns are just waiting for a coach from a playoff team.

Keep in mind however that the browns job is not the most desirable right now and if the coaches continue to decline

interviews and are not interested then Pettine may be their best option. Also the defense has some pices to work with to make his scheme work like Joe Haden, Phil Taylor and he can market the fact that he can bring the best out of the young linebacker Mingo. Also a lot of Bills free agents on Defense would run straight to Cleveland like Alex Carrington and Jerry Hughes in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crap

Lets hope they don't take him. We need a couple of more years of him so he can groom someone else to take over.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

One good season with a unit full of good players and Mike Pettine is all of the sudden Dick LeBeau?

Probably right. Everyone said that in NY that it "was really Rex's defense" and Pettine just followed along. He's had one good year in Buffalo (detached from Ryan's hip) with a defensive unit loaded with some very good players. I know the NFL has become the "what have you done for me lately" league, but it's hard to believe that the Browns interviewing Pettine is anything more than them showing their fans they are doing "something" to find a coach and not just spinning their wheels. They are really waiting to interview a coordinator from one of the final four teams in the play-offs.

He'll probably stay, but he needs a way to find out how to fix this run D...I mean sacks are nice, but what good do they do when everyone just runs up the gut.

billslogo.jpg