g2j0j0b51981

the bills biggest offeseaon needs?????

what would you say the biggest needs this offseason are for the Bills?

RT,LG,ILB,TE,WR maybe S,CB

RT because Pears is not the answer maybe we draft Gregg Robinson to replace 1st round draft

LG Legursky is not the answer after Levitre leaving maybe we can draft Gabe Jackson 2nd round

TE need to have another TE besides Chandler to get ball moving or score in the redzone so maybe we draft Richard Rodgers 4th round

ILB Kikio Alonso needs help on the inside why not bring Perry Riley Free agent

WR the Bills need help with WR a bigger WR that can also help Chandler and be a miss match that why I say we draft Brandon Coleman WR 3rd round

if we don't sign Byrd we can either draft or go after one in the later rounds of the draft maybe even sign Leonard until next season when we can go after another one either in first or second round of the draft

Then we can get a couple of CB in the later part of draft for support to Gilmore or McKelvin

An established Quarterbacks Coach and/or Established Offensive Coordinator.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

Another receiver capable of playing outside opposite of Woods so we can slide Stevie inside and make better use of Goodwin.

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

Wish the bills took allen instead of woods

After a 3rd rounder plays like him a lot of teams wish they had drafted him.

I look at our needs like this: we have to improve the passing game and improve the run defense.

Improving the passing game is my first priority. So to that end any number of things would help including improving the OL and adding a WR and or TE. TE is tricky to me because I think they really have to resign Chandler. He's too good to let walk but not so good that you wouldn't want to upgrade. Moeaki is a total wild card and so is Gragg. I don't think I'm counting on either...I'd treat them more like a bonus.

The run D is harder to figure. A true MLB would probably help the most. Good news is they can get one via free agency and I don't think it has to cost a lot. Kiko played well in the middle but is so versatile that he could get moved around if we find a better run supporter for the early downs. Pettine even said in an interview that they didn't originally intend to play him in the middle and that the middle may not be his best position.

Year after year we draft to fill holes. When will it end so we can draft for depth? So sick of needing to draft 3 - 4 starters every year.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

If they nail the first half of this years draft, then the whole 2nd half of this draft will be for depth and the roster will be set. For Instance, If they take WR, OT, and MLB (and nail them) our deficiencies could be pretty well shored up and we still have the rest of the draft and FA'cy.

12thmannb6.jpg

Circle the wagons

Biggest need remains QB. But its pretty obvious Marrone and Co. have their futures attached to Manuel and plan to do nothing for a plan B in case EJ continues to be mediocre at best.

Outside of that LB is a huge need. Kiko will get better and Lawson does his thing, but we need another guy to shore up that run D.

LG is also a big need. OBD tried to get cute (as usual) and pass off no namers like Legursky and Brown as starters. They did nothing to fill the Levitre void and it showed.

We could use another TE as Chandler seemed to have an off year. Another corner for depth purposes wouldn't hurt either.

And of course a safety in case OBD cheaps out on Byrd (which I'm sure they will)

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

The biggest need for this team is improved QB play.

It may come from EJ or someone else but as long as our QB struggles so will the entire team.

Sign byrd!

when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. (Declaration of Independence!)

Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God: (Thomas Jefferson)

If they nail the first half of this years draft, then the whole 2nd half of this draft will be for depth and the roster will be set. For Instance, If they take WR, OT, and MLB (and nail them) our deficiencies could be pretty well shored up and we still have the rest of the draft and FA'cy.

And vice versa. I don't think they will spend on an OT in free agency but I do think a guy like Decker or Nicks is a very real possibility. As is a run stuffing MLB. We've got money to spend. Combine that re-signing our own guys and you've pretty well got lots of freedom in the draft to take address the OL and get some BPAs.

I'd love to go into the draft thinking we want a plug and play OT and then just see whatever comes out way in rounds 2 - 7.

I agree, we can use FA'cy to get a solid TE and MLB at a good price and get BPA through the draft.

12thmannb6.jpg

Circle the wagons

After a 3rd rounder plays like him a lot of teams wish they had drafted him.

I look at our needs like this: we have to improve the passing game and improve the run defense.

Improving the passing game is my first priority. So to that end any number of things would help including improving the OL and adding a WR and or TE. TE is tricky to me because I think they really have to resign Chandler. He's too good to let walk but not so good that you wouldn't want to upgrade. Moeaki is a total wild card and so is Gragg. I don't think I'm counting on either...I'd treat them more like a bonus.

The run D is harder to figure. A true MLB would probably help the most. Good news is they can get one via free agency and I don't think it has to cost a lot. Kiko played well in the middle but is so versatile that he could get moved around if we find a better run supporter for the early downs. Pettine even said in an interview that they didn't originally intend to play him in the middle and that the middle may not be his best position.

I think if you improve the former, the latter takes care of itself.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

Sign byrd!

This is most important and will decide if I even bother with this team next year. They let Levitre go, Im ok with that even though they did nothing to replace him even though they had a ton of cap space. This year once again we will have a ton of cap space. I will no longer by into this team if they keep feeding is the same bs because its just not working.

If we drafted a stud ILB in the 1st and went oline the next 3 rds this team would be alot better. QB play would improve, would like to get a good number 1 wr in FA. We have the cap space. Im ready to win now.

The question is too broad to answer effectively in a single post. Half of the roster could stand an upgrade. 22nd in points scored and 20th in points allowed means both sides of the ball were below average. 22nd in point differential at -49. The longest kick return all season was 28 yards. The longest punt return was 25 yards. Kicking was decent but Moorman was below average on punts. ONE player on the roster scored more then three Touchdowns on the season. Chandler led the team in receptions with 53. Johnson had 52. Pierre Garcon caught more balls than both combined.

And Jairus Byrd is the priority ... yea, that'll fix everything. This team is a disaster.

The Rules Of The Range

1) Every thought should be a thread.

2) The Bills should seriously consider every available player.

3) Every good player wants to play for the Bills.

4) Every team with a need to fill is looking at trading with the Bills.

Well look at the Bills if you were playing against them. You realize they have a rookie QB with a very young WR corp. Offensive line has a scrub at LG and RT is average at best. Defensively they have a very attacking defense with a lot of talent up front. OLB are suspect in coverage.

So you exploit the RT and LG on pass rush. Put 8 guys in the box to take away the Run game and force the Bills to pass!

So what do the Bills need to improve on:

Well if you can draft a Mismatch TE that would go a long way to opening up the Offense. Maybe Jenkins turns out to be a Gronkowski. If you have one of those guys it will open up the passing game and the running game. Also will shore up the RT spot as a good blocking TE can keep the DE inside where an average RT can lock on to him.

Next you upgrade the LG, can probably get a very good one in round 2. Need an athletic guard who can pull and is a ground pounder.

OLB can be upgraded in FA. Need a guy who can cover a TE and stop the run.

We used a first round pick on Manual, that means he is the QB for the next 2 years.

The Defense is very young they will get better. I would also look for a DT to groom behind Kyle Williams. Guy who can play NT would be ideal! Guy like Wilfork would be ideal!

I think a 3down LB(CJ Mosely) is our biggest need, followed very closely by RT/OG(C.Richardson). A true no1 WR would be great, but my only pick there is Sammy Watkins. I'm in no way buying into the Mike Evans hype. Also we need a RB. Fred and CJ are both FAs, I definitely see us keeping CJ, and Freddy will prolly retire, so much to the chagrin of the moralists, I'd love to draft Carlos Hyde from Ohio State in rd3.

I think a 3down LB(CJ Mosely) is our biggest need, followed very closely by RT/OG(C.Richardson). A true no1 WR would be great, but my only pick there is Sammy Watkins. I'm in no way buying into the Mike Evans hype. Also we need a RB. Fred and CJ are both FAs, I definitely see us keeping CJ, and Freddy will prolly retire, so much to the chagrin of the moralists, I'd love to draft Carlos Hyde from Ohio State in rd3.

Neither Fred nor CJ are free agents this year. They are both under contract. Hate to break it to you but Hyde is viewed by many as the best back in the draft so he'll probably be long gone by the 2nd let alone the 3rd.

As for Mosely, I like him too and he is a 3 down player, but can he stand up to the run? Can he take on the block of a guard? To me, he is in the mold of Kiko and I would never complain about getting another Kiko, but IMO we need more of a David Harris type. A 250 pound thumper who can help on downs 1 and 2. Our third down D will improve if we can stop the run on 1st and 2nd. The whole defense will improve if we can play with a lead for a change. It's a amazing to me that we lead the league in sacks yet we rarely were in a position to pin our ears back.

OT in draft and LB and WR in Free agency. Then we draft for depth. This year was a very good year in both of these categories but we can not expect two years in a row of trying to find 4 or 5 starters. If we can get a solid OT to protect EJ then the rest of the offense falls into place. On the Defensive side its obvious that our run defense was horrible but the one positive about this is teams were afraid to pass on us because the secondary really stepped up this year. So for teams why chance throwing when you can just run the ball all over us. Upgrade to a established LB through free agency and draft for depth to all other positions on defense. This will be a interesting year but they have already made some good decisions in releasing WR coach and LB coach. Even though the LB's were OK besides Kiko it shows that OK is not good enough and thats a change over the last 15 years in the good direction.

Neither Fred nor CJ are free agents this year. They are both under contract. Hate to break it to you but Hyde is viewed by many as the best back in the draft so he'll probably be long gone by the 2nd let alone the 3rd.

As for Mosely, I like him too and he is a 3 down player, but can he stand up to the run? Can he take on the block of a guard? To me, he is in the mold of Kiko and I would never complain about getting another Kiko, but IMO we need more of a David Harris type. A 250 pound thumper who can help on downs 1 and 2. Our third down D will improve if we can stop the run on 1st and 2nd. The whole defense will improve if we can play with a lead for a change. It's a amazing to me that we lead the league in sacks yet we rarely were in a position to pin our ears back.

CJ and Fred are free agents after next season. Why procrastinate? I have seen Hyde protected to rounds 3-4 due to off field issues and lack of breakaway speed. Reminds me a lot of LaGarrette Blount in this repect, but prolly is more of a Mike Bush RB. A bruiser none the less. You may be right, he could go early.

Mosley is the real deal. He's 240 now, and 250 isn't much bigger after a year or two in the nfl, he WILL get bigger. Dude can cover and stuff the run. Draws comparisons to RAy Lewis(minus the killing) for his presence on the field, '13 recipient of the Butkus award, with ZERO character worts.