LiterateStylish

Sabres and Bills both have dumb GM's

So...

Maybe it's an owner issue?

The Sabres traded for a player (Vesey) who is set to be a free agent in a couple months.

Today the players agent came out and said it would "be silly" for his client to sign with the Sabres and said he should test free agency.

We all know he's not going to sign here.

Tim Murray said they haven't discussed any deals with Veasey.

Hilarious.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

seems to me they spent that third to allow his bud jack to fully unload over beers

and i dont mean that in a gay way

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

So...

Maybe it's an owner issue?

The Sabres traded for a player (Vesey) who is set to be a free agent in a couple months.

Today the players agent came out and said it would "be silly" for his client to sign with the Sabres and said he should test free agency.

We all know he's not going to sign here.

Tim Murray said they haven't discussed any deals with Veasey.

Hilarious.

When you dont know Hockey for shit you should probably not really comment on it(i know, i know you're a expert in EVERYTHING and smarter than EVERYONE else in the entire world) 3 3rd rounder which they have 4 of is well worth the shot at a guy that you have a inside track on as he is Eichels friend and is currently playing Eichels winger on a summer league team..so youd have to like that as a inside track. Also a 3rd in the NHL isnt even close to a 3rd in the NFL...a NHL 3rd is about 90% shot to be a career AHLer or a tweener. IMO a NHL 3rd is closer to the equivalent of a NFL 6th or 7th... I mean later than the 3rd in the NHL draft its exceedingly rare for a later than that pick to become a good NHL guy...does it happen on occasion.?? can you find a gem..sure is it normal? nope.

So you spend 1 of 4 3rd rounders on a guy that you can plug into your top 6? thats essentially like trading a 3rd for a possible first...if he doesnt sign..you MAY be able to recoop your pick as you could yet again deal his rights...IF Jack can talk him into it its the essential of getting 2 first round picks this year...If he doesnt you probably just missed out on a career AHLer or tweener...well worth the risk.

As a side note the list of the Sabres last 10 3rd rounders:The third rounder is likely to be a career AHLer. In fact, the most recent third round picks in Sabres history (2004-2012)

2012: Justin Kea

2011: Dan Catenacci

2010: Jerome Leduc, Kevin Sundher, Matt MacKenzie

2009: Brayden McNabb(possibly a quality guy)

2008: Corey Fienhage

2007: Corey Tropp

2006: None

2005: Marc-Andre Gragnani

2004: Andrej Sekera(decent but face it not great)

^^ would I give up any one of those guys for a top 6 winger ? YUP.

Oh and on most Hockey sights and boards this is seen as a good move a one that isnt high risk because of what a 3rd is in the NHL VS NFL.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

When you dont know Hockey for shit you should probably not really comment on it(i know, i know you're a expert in EVERYTHING and smarter than EVERYONE else in the entire world) 3 3rd rounder which they have 4 of is well worth the shot at a guy that you have a inside track on as he is Eichels friend and is currently playing Eichels winger on a summer league team..so youd have to like that as a inside track. Also a 3rd in the NHL isnt even close to a 3rd in the NFL...a NHL 3rd is about 90% shot to be a career AHLer or a tweener. IMO a NHL 3rd is closer to the equivalent of a NFL 6th or 7th... I mean later than the 3rd in the NHL draft its exceedingly rare for a later than that pick to become a good NHL guy...does it happen on occasion.?? can you find a gem..sure is it normal? nope.

So you spend 1 of 4 3rd rounders on a guy that you can plug into your top 6? thats essentially like trading a 3rd for a possible first...if he doesnt sign..you MAY be able to recoop your pick as you could yet again deal his rights...IF Jack can talk him into it its the essential of getting 2 first round picks this year...If he doesnt you probably just missed out on a career AHLer or tweener...well worth the risk.

As a side note the list of the Sabres last 10 3rd rounders:The third rounder is likely to be a career AHLer. In fact, the most recent third round picks in Sabres history (2004-2012)

2012: Justin Kea

2011: Dan Catenacci

2010: Jerome Leduc, Kevin Sundher, Matt MacKenzie

2009: Brayden McNabb(possibly a quality guy)

2008: Corey Fienhage

2007: Corey Tropp

2006: None

2005: Marc-Andre Gragnani

2004: Andrej Sekera(decent but face it not great)

^^ would I give up any one of those guys for a top 6 winger ? YUP.

Oh and on most Hockey sights and boards this is seen as a good move a one that isnt high risk because of what a 3rd is in the NHL VS NFL.

Who said I don't know hockey?

I certainly don't know hockey as well as football, that is true.

But let's just talk common sense.

Let's say the Sabres have 30 third round picks. It wouldn't matter. Whether they have 1 or 30, they're still wasting a 3rd round pick.

There is no "inside track".

What did they gain?

They have the right to offer him the FIRST contract before he gets several others?

Pfft.

WGR has a TSN reporter on who is literally LAUGHING at the Sabres stupidity.

Most reporters said it was a good deal when they thought the Sabres must know something that the public doesn't know.

But it turns out, they didn't.

He's going to test free agency.

Or let's use your example - What NFL team would spend a 6th rounder on a player who is going to free agency next month?

NONE.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

i may as well just put you on ignore lol your just not worth the discussion, but i cant....i guess i will just self ignore you lol

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

Let's say the Sabres have 30 third round picks. It wouldn't matter. Whether they have 1 or 30, they're still wasting a 3rd round pick.

What did they gain?

They have the right to offer him the FIRST contract before he gets several others?

Pfft.

Most reporters said it was a good deal when they thought the Sabres must know something that the public doesn't know.

Or let's use your example - What NFL team would spend a 6th rounder on a player who is going to free agency next month?

NONE.

this doesnt work the same in the NHL and NFL you dont trade rights for players since stuff is different this isnt a valid argument.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

its a gamble. jack has almost two months to talk him into it. its one of those things that if it works its brilliant, if it doesnt its stupid. we'll see

its a gamble. jack has almost two months to talk him into it. its one of those things that if it works its brilliant, if it doesnt its stupid. we'll see

It isnt even stupid its just the NHL..just liek the team that traded for the rights to talk to the D man id like to have gotten...its different if you were wasting a first or 2nd but after that point the shot to be a NHL impact player goes was down..(i think it was maybe a 5ht they spent??) this is just the way it works...i wont even call it a waste..I will just call it a shot to get something WORTH a lot more for very little TRUE value. ok if he doesnt sign we miss that 90% likely career AHLer..well worth the risk.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

yeah im just saying gmroj will be praised every which way until tuesday if it works, and derided mercilessly if it doesnt. like calling a naked bootleg on fourth and one or stealing home in the nineth down by a run

they obviously talked to jack beforehand to see if he thought they had a real good chance and he musta felt they do. its really all on jack and he probably feels real good about getting his non-gay buddy (as far as we know, not that theres anything wrong with that) to come ... err i mean sign

What else is the agent going to say? There are other reports saying he's very interested in playing here.

We have u too 8/15 and the agent wants to get all the leverage he can

Yeah, this isn't a stupid move at all. The Sabres getting his rights gives them the upper hand in that they can talk to him. They had multiple third round picks and I also believe if they used all of their picks this year, they will have over the limit of players allowed, not sure if I heard it was contracts or just rights to players, but I believe that number is 50. If it works out, you get a kid that would go in the first round if he was drafted this year, if it doesn't work out, you traded away a 3rd round pick, a kid that might make the team in three years.

Really, you can hide 100s of talent in the farm team?

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

What did they gain?

Pfft.

NONE.

What do your family members say to get you to shut the fuck up?

you know, it is possible to criticize lits post without attacking him

the sabres spent a third round pick to get him on the team for two months and give jack the chance to really go ball out ... err, all out to recruit him in that time. if they dont spend that pick then they run the real risk of getting charged with tampering and losing a pick anyway

its a reasonable gamble that i expect will work out. it will sorta suck if it doesnt but thats why its called a gamble

this doesnt work the same in the NHL and NFL you dont trade rights for players since stuff is different this isnt a valid argument.

LOL.

I love that you said you would stop replying to me and then the very next post you reply to me.

YOU brought up the NFL comparison ... Not me.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Talk him into WHAT?

Even if it works, it's going to work in Free Agency.

The agent already said he's going not going to sign with the Sabres before free agency.

So what exactly does the trade do?

We get to make him the first offer before dozens of other teams do?

I mean come on.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

It isnt even stupid its just the NHL..just liek the team that traded for the rights to talk to the D man id like to have gotten...its different if you were wasting a first or 2nd but after that point the shot to be a NHL impact player goes was down..(i think it was maybe a 5ht they spent??) this is just the way it works...i wont even call it a waste..I will just call it a shot to get something WORTH a lot more for very little TRUE value. ok if he doesnt sign we miss that 90% likely career AHLer..well worth the risk.

Wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Wasting picks is wasting picks.

3rd rounder, 6th rounder, whatever.

A wasted pick is a wasted pick.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Apparently you have never heard an agent play hard ball

This isn't a power play on the agent's half.

He means it.

In fact - $1,000 says he won't sign before he hits free agency (if at all).

We can both put the money on Escrow.com so we know it's legit.

You in?

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Yeah, this isn't a stupid move at all. The Sabres getting his rights gives them the upper hand in that they can talk to him. They had multiple third round picks and I also believe if they used all of their picks this year, they will have over the limit of players allowed, not sure if I heard it was contracts or just rights to players, but I believe that number is 50. If it works out, you get a kid that would go in the first round if he was drafted this year, if it doesn't work out, you traded away a 3rd round pick, a kid that might make the team in three years.

It gives them 0 upper hand.

Zero.

Zip.

Nada.

None.

It gives them the opportunity to TALK to him first.

Hilarious.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Talk him into WHAT?

Even if it works, it's going to work in Free Agency.

The agent already said he's going not going to sign with the Sabres before free agency.

So what exactly does the trade do?

We get to make him the first offer before dozens of other teams do?

I mean come on.

It was a very good trade in which I think will work out.

I know his agent has stated that Vesey wants to be a Free Agent and have the power to pick his team. He has also said recently that Buffalo is on his short list which many assume includes the Sabres, Bruins (hometown), Rangers, and the Leafs.

Money is not an issue though as he can only be offered the max entry level deal which is 925,000 base contract for 2 years and can be loaded with incentive bonuses which the Sabres and the others that want him will do.

Also he is meeting the team this weekend at the draft and the owners and well, this is something he flat out refused to do when it came to Nashville.

and hopefully signing hear will only become more of a desire after being here, after we make some moves in FA & the Draft, his friendship with Eichel and desire to play with him rather than against..

i dont have a thousand dollars to wager but i will bet you one hundred trillion dollars

oh god.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Adopt A Bill is Aaron Willams.