rquinn619

My Argument for Karl Joseph at 19

Wideout, Linebacker, Defensive Line, pass Rush are needs. But in a rex Ryan defense, you need a physical enforcer at safety, but one with range that can be trusted in single high coverage for the exotic and multiple blitz packages he utilizes. I present some arguments for Karl Joseph with pick No. 19, accompanied with a scouting report on a prospect I liken to a Tyrann Mathieu/Earl Thomas type of defensive back (based on style, roles filled--not All-Pro level talent yet :) ) So let me know your thoughts. I know the ACL is a concern, but he doesn't have the nerve/cartilage damage of a Jaylon/Myles/Lattimore that caused them to drop. Same injury and rehab timetable didn't stop STL from taking Gurley Rd1. Let me know your thoughts after checking out the arguments I make.

http://buildingtheherd.com/scout-team/karl-joseph-scouting-report-nfl-draft/

Very well put together. Sound arguments backed by facts and videos. Also safety is probably the most under the radar major need of this not only the defense, but the team as a whole. As I rate prospects in the offseason safety seems to be the position I have the toughest time/wait the longest to rate. During this past month I have separated Joseph from the other safeties and consider him to be the only 1st round safety in this draft. ACL is a concern but better that it happened at the beginning of the season where he has a chance to be ready come week 1. D-Line is the position I think is the greatest need and the one in which I think the Bills will draft in the 1st round. But if they can come away with Clark or Billings to play at the nose in the 2nd and pair that with Joseph in the 1st I would not complain one bit.

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

Very well put together. Sound arguments backed by facts and videos. Also safety is probably the most under the radar major need of this not only the defense, but the team as a whole. As I rate prospects in the offseason safety seems to be the position I have the toughest time/wait the longest to rate. During this past month I have separated Joseph from the other safeties and consider him to be the only 1st round safety in this draft. ACL is a concern but better that it happened at the beginning of the season where he has a chance to be ready come week 1. D-Line is the position I think is the greatest need and the one in which I think the Bills will draft in the 1st round. But if they can come away with Clark or Billings to play at the nose in the 2nd and pair that with Joseph in the 1st I would not complain one bit.

agreed. The depth at DL is also a big factor. they can get a starter there in the 2nd as well

I'd be OK with this.

It's been a while since we've had a stud Safety.

Still would rather have a play making LB though.

And it makes me a little nervous, in a couple of those GIF's he overshot the angle on the offensive player, but his athleticism allowed him to recover. It's tough to recover in the NFL.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

you did all this from your moms basement?

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

i had a rob quinn buddy in college. we used to sit around all day smoking weed and playing strat-o-matic baseball. he eventually dropped out of college and married some little honey and i never saw him again

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Wideout, Linebacker, Defensive Line, pass Rush are needs. But in a rex Ryan defense, you need a physical enforcer at safety, but one with range that can be trusted in single high coverage for the exotic and multiple blitz packages he utilizes. I present some arguments for Karl Joseph with pick No. 19, accompanied with a scouting report on a prospect I liken to a Tyrann Mathieu/Earl Thomas type of defensive back (based on style, roles filled--not All-Pro level talent yet :) ) So let me know your thoughts. I know the ACL is a concern, but he doesn't have the nerve/cartilage damage of a Jaylon/Myles/Lattimore that caused them to drop. Same injury and rehab timetable didn't stop STL from taking Gurley Rd1. Let me know your thoughts after checking out the arguments I make.

http://buildingtheherd.com/scout-team/karl-joseph-scouting-report-nfl-draft/

Don't love the idea of taking him at 19...however I would absolutely love him in the 2nd

I'd be OK with this.

It's been a while since we've had a stud Safety.

Still would rather have a play making LB though.

And it makes me a little nervous, in a couple of those GIF's he overshot the angle on the offensive player, but his athleticism allowed him to recover. It's tough to recover in the NFL.

Hey Raisin Nuts, isn't Rob Quinn the guy you said who had a worthless, invalid opinion?

i had a rob quinn buddy in college. we used to sit around all day smoking weed and playing strat-o-matic baseball. he eventually dropped out of college and married some little honey and i never saw him again

Fascinating story. Had me on the edge of my seat

Hey Raisin Nuts, isn't Rob Quinn the guy you said who had a worthless, invalid opinion?

No, Rob Quinn is the guy who jungle quoted as if he was quoting a news source.

And I mocked Jungle for that.

And would continue to do so.

Rob's opinion is as valid as any other fan.

Fascinating story. Had me on the edge of my seat.

C'mon Meat.

You should know better than to post simple stories with our lil original gangsta in the thread.

You need guns and rap and... poetry. To keep him fascinated.

C'mon Meat.

You should know better than to post simple stories with our lil original gangsta in the thread.

You need guns and rap and... poetry. To keep him fascinated.

You forgot the big booty bitches. I like to bury my face in big booty bitches like a real OG

I don't know. I'm all for best player available but I don't know if I can get behind this kid as the 19th best player in the draft.

Also, I think we have enough to get by at Safety providing Williams comes back and plays. Not to say that we shouldn't draft a guy, but perhaps more in the middle of the draft.

I just think in the end there will be higher rated pass rushers, DL, and LBs on the board than Joseph.

why do you guys have to make everything about race

why do you guys have to make everything about race

I'm not black. I wrote "original gangsta" when I first registered for this site in 2004 when I was 14 years old. Lit just thinks he can offend me by bringing it up lol

i was just joking. im usually the one to bring up race bc nobody else will unless they are real racists so the topic almost never gets covered unless i start first

Karl Joseph is some one Ive been high on since the first time i saw him play and was hoping was some one we could get in round 2.

But looks like teams are high on him as well and he would go before our second pick.

Be pretty Awesome if we could take Jaren Reed at 19 and trade back in the bottom of the first with a team like Arizona and take Karl Joseph.

lmao I already love this board

No, Rob Quinn is the guy who jungle quoted as if he was quoting a news source.

And I mocked Jungle for that.

And would continue to do so.

Rob's opinion is as valid as any other fan.

Yeah, I have no sources and don't report anything. I played HS and 1 year of D3 ball, so I'm no "expert" by any means. I just give my opinions and like to provide content that's different than the typical vague articles we see from mainstream media.

I don't know. I'm all for best player available but I don't know if I can get behind this kid as the 19th best player in the draft.

Also, I think we have enough to get by at Safety providing Williams comes back and plays. Not to say that we shouldn't draft a guy, but perhaps more in the middle of the draft.

I just think in the end there will be higher rated pass rushers, DL, and LBs on the board than Joseph.

valid points, but as I stated in the article, Corey Graham was one of the worst cover safeties in the league last year, and there's ridiculous depth at DL. Without Joseph's ACL there wouldn't even be a debate of him being a top 15 player in this class (IMO). LB is deeper than people think from a depth perspective and there's some intriguing pass rushers in the middle rounds as well. Also keep in mind that in Rex's system, the OLB opposite Rush LB (Hughes) has more responsibilities and is more of a SAM that needs to cover, set the edge vs run as well as rush, so you need a specific skill set there.

In a perfect world if we could walk away in the first 3 rounds with addressing safety by getting Joseph at 19 and follow that up with back to back picks on the D-Line something like Clark in the 2nd and Jones in the 3rd that would be ideal. That way we get a potential playmaking safety to pair with our playmaking corners in Gilmore and Darby while still adding a piece for nose (Clark) and end (Jones) in our 3-4.

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

All I know is that the moment the Bills make their pick...I'll probably be screaming WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Yup

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............