bigvinny

Bills "enamored" with Cardale Jones.

I wouldn't argue. That's just how I remembered it. If I'm wrong, so be it. It was a long time ago!

If it means anything....That's how I remembered it, also.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

He is a 2-3 year project but worth the investment in the 3rd round IMO.

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."

But the whole point here, Jungle, is can you name a guy who was drafted in the 3rd or 4th round with serious questions about their ability to read a defense and then they just sat for 2 years and "developed" and are now awesome?

But the whole point here, Jungle, is can you name a guy who was drafted in the 3rd or 4th round with serious questions about their ability to read a defense and then they just sat for 2 years and "developed" and are now awesome?

Every player in the draft have weaknesses , the 1st round talent have less weaknesses the other draft prospects, but they still have weaknesses to there games. There is no guarantee for success if you take a QB in the 1st round. The following is a dated article from John Clayton but the stats remain basically the same:

Since 1992, NFL quarterbacks improved their completion percentage from 57.4 to 59.6 percent. Too bad the franchises that wager first-round draft choices on quarterbacks weren't as efficient.

Using a first-round choice on a quarterback is a 50-50 proposition. For every Peyton Manning, there is a Ryan Leaf. For every Donovan McNabb, there is an Akili Smith. For every Drew Bledsoe, there is a Rick Mirer. No wonder front offices sweat and panic when confronted with thoughts of using a first-round choice on a quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1540370

Taylor sat for 4 years and is now becoming a pocket passer and learning how to read defenses.

Marc Bulger was a 6th round pick and was starting by his 3rd season, Mark Brunell was a 5th round pick and was starting by his 3rd season, David Garrard was a 4th round and was starting by his 5th season , Matt Schaub was a 3rd round pick and was starting by his 4th season, Kyle Orton was a 4th round pick he started his 1st year, then sat for 2 years and was a starter again in his 4th year.

I don't see Conor Cook and Paxton Lynch as great talents, they may get over drafted in the 1st round but so was EJ Manuel. IMO the best QB is Goff followed by Wentz, but they should both go in the top 10. I don't think you should reach for a QB at the expense of anther highly rated player at area of need.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Every player in the draft have weaknesses , the 1st round talent have less weaknesses the other draft prospects, but they still have weaknesses to there games. There is no guarantee for success if you take a QB in the 1st round. The following is a dated article from John Clayton but the stats remain basically the same:

Taylor sat for 4 years and is now becoming a pocket passer and learning how to read defenses.

Marc Bulger was a 6th round pick and was starting by his 3rd season, Mark Brunell was a 5th round pick and was starting by his 3rd season, David Garrard was a 4th round and was starting by his 5th season , Matt Schaub was a 3rd round pick and was starting by his 4th season, Kyle Orton was a 4th round pick he started his 1st year, then sat for 2 years and was a starter again in his 4th year.

I don't see Conor Cook and Paxton Lynch as great talents, they may get over drafted in the 1st round but so was EJ Manuel. IMO the best QB is Goff followed by Wentz, but they should both go in the top 10. I don't think you should reach for a QB at the expense of anther highly rated player at area of need.

"Projects" don't exist.

It's just a nickname we give bad players.

I also find it funny that you listed 5 shitty QB's as example.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

"Projects" don't exist.

Marc Bulger was a 2 time pro bowler and threw for 4,301 yards and 28 TD's with 8 , he was hardly bad player.

Mark Brunell was a 3 time pro bowler, and is Jacksonville all time leader in Pass Completions, Passing yards, Passing Touchdowns.

David Garrard went to the pro bowl once, and was an above average to average player as a starter.

Matt Schaub was a good fit in Houston's system, and was a 2 time pro bowler. He declined a lot his last year in Houston and became famous throwing a lot of pick 6's in a season. He was good in the beginning of his career and bad at the end, so overall he was an average player.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

No he's not.

He's not even worth the investment in the 7th round.

He is GUARANTEED to suck.

Marc Bulger was a 2 time pro bowler and threw for 4,301 yards and 28 TD's with 8 , he was hardly bad player.

Marc Bulger was a SHIT quarterback who had only TWO good years because he was playing with a great cast around him.

Let's look at his other years, after he lost his good cast around him.

1,800 yards, 14 TD's, 8 Turnovers

2,200 yards, 14 TD's, 11 Turnovers

2,300 yards, 11 TD's, 18 Turnovers

2,700 yards, 11 TD's, 17 Turnovers

1,400 yards, 5 TD's, 7 Turnovers

He sucked ass.

He just had 2 good seasons with a great team around him, so non observant fans think he was good.

Mark Brunell was a 3 time pro bowler, and is Jacksonville all time leader in Pass Completions, Passing yards, Passing Touchdowns.

Did you just list "Jacksonville's all time leader" as a promotion of a player?

In 19 (yes, NINETEEN) seasons, Mark Brunell had:

ONE out of 19 seasons over 4,000 yards (.05% of his seasons played)

ONE out of 19 seasons over 3,500 to 4k yards (.05% of his seasons played)

ZERO out of 19 seasons over 25 TD's (0% of his seasons played)

ONE out of 19 seasons over 20 TD's (.05% of his seasons played)

TWO out of 19 seasons over 90 QB rating (.10% of his seasons played)

Heck, his best season ever came with the Redskins.

His best season with the Jags was 4,300 yards, 19 TD's, and 20 INT's.

Get a grip.

David Garrard went to the pro bowl once, and was an above average to average player as a starter.

He was average for 2 years.

So uhm, sure. We aren't talking about average players, but OK.

Matt Schaub was a good fit in Houston's system, and was a 2 time pro bowler. He declined a lot his last year in Houston and became famous throwing a lot of pick 6's in a season. He was good in the beginning of his career and bad at the end, so overall he was an average player.

So what? He was average from the beginning and stayed averaged. He never got better.

I dont like project Qbs either , but Jones is a bit different in my eyes because he hasnt been able to actually play much at the college level.

When he did though he won a national title and played very well.

I think if he started for 3 years he could be the guy that the Rams take number 1 over all but that didnt happen for him.

I dont like project Qbs either , but Jones is a bit different in my eyes because he hasnt been able to actually play much at the college level.

When he did though he won a national title and played very well.

I think if he started for 3 years he could be the guy that the Rams take number 1 over all but that didnt happen for him.

He played last year too.

And sucked so bad they benched him.

"Projects" don't exist.

C'mon...Brunnel was a good player. The other 4 are just good enough to be constantly traded, cut, and replaced.

If first round QBs are 50/50 then 3rd, 4th, and 5th round QBs are successful at a rate of 1 out of 20. Did you not see the thread I started where I listed all the starting QBs in the NFL and where they come from? Like 90% of the QBs in the league right now that you would want to have on your team were top 50 picks. I'm not saying you can't find a diamond in the rough but I'm saying the percentage play is to draft a good one early whenever the opportunity presents itself.

C'mon...Brunnel was a good player. The other 4 are just good enough to be constantly traded, cut, and replaced.

He was average, at best.

I am not Jungle. I have been here for a long time, but certainly not him. Maybe we share the similar opinion on Cardale but 100% not him. I am a big Buckeye fan so maybe I am a bit bias but I think he is just a really raw talent and with time could develop into something special.... or he could be a big doofus and be a waste of time. I am leaning towards him being successful given the time versus a flop.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

He played last year too.

And sucked so bad they benched him.

Did he start the year as the starter?

I just think it hard to tell if he has it as he has shown good things and bad things in a very small window.

I wouldnt invest more then a 4th rounder in him.