LiterateStylish

Doug Whaley has done jack shit yet again.

Jungle would like you to believe that Whaley has done a good job.

He hasn't.

Let's look at the facts:

No gain and No Loss - Neutral

1) He re-signed Incog. Cool. So no gain and no loss.

2) He had to franchise Glenn because he couldn't get a deal done with Glenn. So no gain and loss.

Loss

1) Mario Williams - Started 15 of 16 games last year

2) Leodis McKelvin - 17 passes defended, 6 INT, 1 forced fumble last 2 years (Immediately signed a 2 year deal with Philly making him the 39th paid CB in the NFL. Great value at this price, and something the Bills probably should have done).

3) Kraig Urbik - Played in all 16 games last year. Not great by any means, but a solid depth player.

4) Stefan Charles - Played in 13 games last year. Great depth. RFA who Whaley decided not to tender.

5) Chris Hogan - Played in all 16 games last year. Whaley gave him the lowest RFA tender which means we get no compensation if he signs elsewhere.

6) Corbin Bryant - Played in all 16 games last year. Whaley gave him the lowest RFA tender which means we get no compensation if he signs elsewhere.

7) Nigel Bradham - Starter. Chose not to re-sign.

8) Alex Carrington - VERY talented DL depth. Whaley chose not to-resign.

9) Ron Brooks - Chose not to re-sign him.

ABOVE are 8 players that are either STARTERS or saw significant playing time last season.

This will NOT be the same Bills team last year.

We are risking lose most of our DL depth.

Bryant, Carrington and Hogan could also see some serious attention/offers with the Bills giving them the lowest tender.

Don't believe the Jungle hype. Whaley has to add a lot of talent / depth in the draft for us to be even close to a playoff team.

Jungle would like you to believe that Whaley has done a good job.

He hasn't.

Let's look at the facts:

No gain and No Loss - Neutral

1) He re-signed Incog. Cool. So no gain and no loss.

2) He had to franchise Glenn because he couldn't get a deal done with Glenn. So no gain and loss.

Loss

1) Mario Williams - Started 15 of 16 games last year

2) Leodis McKelvin - 17 passes defended, 6 INT, 1 forced fumble last 2 years (Immediately signed a 2 year deal with Philly making him the 39th paid CB in the NFL. Great value at this price, and something the Bills probably should have done).

3) Kraig Urbik - Played in all 16 games last year. Not great by any means, but a solid depth player.

4) Stefan Charles - Played in 13 games last year. Great depth. RFA who Whaley decided not to tender.

5) Chris Hogan - Played in all 16 games last year. Whaley gave him the lowest RFA tender which means we get no compensation if he signs elsewhere.

6) Corbin Bryant - Played in all 16 games last year. Whaley gave him the lowest RFA tender which means we get no compensation if he signs elsewhere.

7) Nigel Bradham - Starter. Chose not to re-sign.

8) Alex Carrington - VERY talented DL depth. Whaley chose not to-resign.

9) Ron Brooks - Chose not to re-sign him.

ABOVE are 8 players that are either STARTERS or saw significant playing time last season.

This will NOT be the same Bills team last year.

We are risking lose most of our DL depth.

Bryant, Carrington and Hogan could also see some serious attention/offers with the Bills giving them the lowest tender.

Don't believe the Jungle hype. Whaley has to add a lot of talent / depth in the draft for us to be even close to a playoff team.

i dont agree with you....stupid post....still stirring the pot, right Lit?....lol

i dont agree with you....stupid post....still stirring the pot, right Lit?....lol

It's what he does best. Nothing is ever good enough, every thing is terrible, the sky is falling, etc

Great rebuttal.

She doesn't want to waste her time arguing with an obvious troll. Logic doesn't work wit you, and you lie all the time to prove your points and ignore facts. So why should anyone engage your questions or comments?

She doesn't want to waste her time arguing with an obvious troll. Logic doesn't work wit you, and you lie all the time to prove your points and ignore facts. So why should anyone engage your questions or comments?

You mean, like you are now?

Lit complaining about losing back ups and over priced, underperforming players.

Not surprised.

Every one of them will be replaced.

Lit complaining about losing back ups and over priced, underperforming players.

Not surprised.

Every one of them will be replaced.

They well? Tell how

They well? Tell how

Through the draft.

Through free agency (most of these are low level free agents and can be replaced by low level free agents).

Through people already on the roster and practice squad.

Through the draft.

Through free agency (most of these are low level free agents and can be replaced by low level free agents).

Do you mean the sky isn't falling?

I don't think lit understands how tenders work.

He doesn't understand a lot of things , but that's besides the point.

He doesn't understand a lot of things , but that's besides the point.

yea, because apparently putting a first or 2nd round tender on role players makes sense....lets slap the 1st round tender on role players and pay them over 3 million when no other team wants to sign them. Brilliant!

Through the draft.

No, they can't.

Or else Whaley would have re-signed them as low level free agent price.

It wouldn't make sense for Whaley to let his own players leave that he knows just to sign other low level players he doesn't know for the same price.

I don't think lit understands how tenders work.

Lol.

I've literally forgotten more football than you've ever known.

Literally.

Not exaggerating.

yea, because apparently putting a first or 2nd round tender on role players makes sense....lets slap the 1st round tender on role players and pay them over 3 million when no other team wants to sign them. Brilliant!

Mid level tender is $2 mill.

$2 mill is the going rate for a role player with significant playing time.

Next?

Mid level tender is $2 mill.

$2 mill is the going rate for a role player with significant playing time.

Next?

its actually its a little over 2.5 million. do you know how much bryant, charles and hogan made last year?

i'll give you a hint it wasn't 2.5 million.

Lol.

I've literally forgotten more football than you've ever known.

Literally.

Not exaggerating.

Famous quote

No, they can't.

Or else Whaley would have re-signed them as low level free agent price.

It wouldn't make sense for Whaley to let his own players leave that he knows just to sign other low level players he doesn't know for the same price.

Because Brooks sucks, Charles wasn't worth the RFA tender and the fact that if Hogan and Bryant get offers the Bills can match them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Whaley offered Charles, Rambo or Powell contracts below the RFA tender once free agency starts. They are decent depth but not at rfa prices. If they go somewhere else, they can be replaced easily.

Ummmmm can we wait until the dust settles here before having this conversation.

They have retained two good players. They have kept that continuity on the OL like you wanted. There other players out there who can fill the shoes of Alex Carrington and Chris Hogan. And that IF we actually lose them. I have no problem with letting guys like that test the market...they might come back to you.

a little surprised about charles and mckelvin since both were good depth players, but i doubt that decision was on whaley as much as rexy

otherwise hes gotten done every key thing i wanted so far: retain glenn and richie; toss mario out on his prissy bitch punk ass

this is a great thread though.

mario loss? should we have brought him back at 19 million to get us 5 sacks a year in a system he doesn't want to be in? blame whaley!

leads getting paid 39th most in the league? cool, he was ranked 83rd CB in the league by PFF. i guess we dodged that bullet. blame whaley!

urbik, not a great player, good back up. making more than we can afford to pay a back up right now. sorry, i'd rather give urbik's money to richie. blame whaley!

charles, hogan, bryant - OMG we didn't put 2nd round tenders on them! because no team is going to give up a second for any of them. none of them are worth 2.5 million a year. blame whaley!

bradham - chose not to re-sign. yea and? he was not good in the system. i guess re-signing him long term to play in a system he doesn't fit in makes a ton of sense! blame whaley!

carrington - a decent back up. but he also can't stay healthy. we should really have ponied up the dough for him! blame whaley!

ron brooks - the guy who played less than 60 snaps on defense all season...omg break the bank! blame whaley!

this is a great thread though.

mario loss? should we have brought him back at 19 million to get us 5 sacks a year in a system he does want to be in? blame whaley!

leads getting paid 39th most in the league? cool, he was ranked 83rd CB in the league by PFF. i guess we dodged that bullet. blame whaley!

urbik, not a great player, good back up. making more than we can afford to pay a back up right now. sorry, i'd rather give urbik's money to richie. blame whaley!

charles, hogan, bryant - OMG we didn't put 2nd round tenders on them! because no team is going to give up a second for any of them. none of them are worth 2.5 million a year. blame whaley!

bradham - chose not to re-sign. yea and? he was not good in the system. i guess re-signing him long term to play in a system he doesn't fit in makes a ton of sense! blame whaley!

carrington - a decent back up. but he also can't stay healthy. we should really have ponied up the dough for him! blame whaley!

ron brooks - the guy who played less than 60 snaps on defense all season...omg break the bank! blame whaley!

Lol Mario loss is a double gain. Dolphins have a shitty de, and who ever replaces him will play like they want to be here.