Chicago Bills Fan

Rob Ryan named Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator

Just saw that on Buffalo Low Down. All I can say is he can't make it any worse than it already is. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

so does that mean thurman is out?

regardless, i like the idea. another d coach with lots of exp should help with teaching the system and getting it entrenched better and faster

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

d452201d26c7a9b7292ab8634013e9d6.gif

reinhart2-wjc-2014.jpg

MY TOP TEN 2014

1.Sam Reinhart 2. Aaron Ekblad 3. leon Draisaitl 4. Nikolaj Ehlers. 5 Michael DalColle 6. . Sam Bennett

7. Nick Ritchie 8 Brendan Perlini 9 Haydn Fleury 10 David Pastrnak.

MY TOP TEN 2015

1A Connor McDavid . 1B Jack Eichel 3.Mitchell Marner 4. Noah Hanifin 5.Mathew Barzal Dylan Strome 6. 7.Oliver Kylington 8. Pavel Zacha 9.Zach Werenski 10. Nick Merkley

Matthew Barzal , Connor Mcdavid Watch is on ...

Doing what? Hope not the new DC. But if he wants to join the team to warm the bench or get coffee....ok welcome aboard.

miserable that 70s show GIF

He coached linebackers in Bellicheat's 3-4 D for wins in two Super Bowls. Our LBs were sad this year. This makes sense to me as a hire.

All I can say is he can't make it any worse than it already is. :niterider

Yes he can. Ohhhh yes he can. You're talking about the coach whose defense allowed the most passing touchdowns in one season in the history of the NFL, surpassing every inept, incompetent, blundering, ignorant, useless loser who had preceded him into the record book.

Maybe as a position coach

Apparently Rob Ryan will be the assistant head coach for the defense and Anthony Lynn will be the assistant head coach for the offense. This thing is still Rex Ryan's defense, Dennis Thurman may hold the title of DC but it's Rex's baby. It never hurts to have anther great defensive mind on defense in Rob and anther great offensive mind on offense in Anthony.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

He coached linebackers in Bellicheat's 3-4 D for wins in two Super Bowls. Our LBs were sad this year. This makes sense to me as a hire.

I'm sure picked up some knowledge Bellicheat from his time in New England, and I'm sure he also picked up knowledge when he and Rex coached for there father.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

so does that mean thurman is out?

regardless, i like the idea. another d coach with lots of exp should help with teaching the system and getting it entrenched better and faster

It's too early to tell, I know Rex is very loyal with his coaching staff. It doesn't matter who the DC is because this is Rex's baby, once the Bills cut Mario and replace him with a player that cares and plays with full effort this defense will be worlds better. The ILB play was atrocious last year, so I'm not sure if Preston Brown had trouble adjusting mentally to all the complicated calls and adjustments and to physically to stacking and shedding OL. The coaching staffs and Whaley will review the game tape and make a determination if he can improve or if they have to bring in 2 new ILB's. IMO, Bradham is a very bad fit as an ILB in the 3-4, he can play the position but then the Bills would be settling for mediocre or below mediocre play. They also have to figure out if Stefan Charles can be the NT or 5 technique DE, because Dareus is a much more valuable as a 5 technique than NT.

The defense is going to improve big time.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11876088

E: 60: Rob Ryan

Talks about how in his job interview with Bill Belicheat he was asked to tell him everything he knows about defense and talked for 6 hours straight. He was the linebackers coach during the 4 year span they won 2 super bowls.

Also it looks like he was handcuffed in New Orleans by not being able to run his scheme and not having talent at linebacker position:

Ryan deserves as much blame as you want to heap on him, because everyone who has their hands in this mess deserves blame.

He has had ample opportunity to scheme his way out of it, and things have only gotten worse.

Ryan doesn't deserve all the blame, though.

For one thing, he's not running the defense he wants to run.

Payton kept Ryan this year because he likes his passion and his work ethic. But he pretty much forced Ryan to throw away his super-sized playbook because the Saints were almost as bad in 2014. They were plagued by assignment and alignment errors, so Payton demanded a simplified scheme based on a single-high safety and press-man coverage from the cornerbacks. He also brought in senior defensive assistant Dennis Allen to be a better fundamental teacher for the secondary.

The Saints also overhauled the roster while bringing in bigger cornerbacks and young players throughout the front seven. They have three rookies starting.

And more than anything, they have been plagued by injuries. They've been plucking linebackers off the street for the past three weeks, which led to a lot of their issues against Tennessee and Washington, in particular. They were missing four of their top five linebackers for most of Sunday's game.

That was part of the reason why the Saints were getting torn apart by screen passes through the middle of their defense. But then again, veteran defensive backs Vaccaro, Jairus Byrd, Keenan Lewis and Brandon Browner all gave up big plays. And defensive end Cameron Jordan appeared to be the one called for a costly defensive holding penalty.

"I don't feel like [Ryan] deserves no blame. We gotta find a way. Players make coaches, period," said Lewis, who suffered a knee injury Sunday. "It ain't all his fault. Everybody keeps throwing the blame just on him, but it ain't just him. We're a team."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/19412/rob-ryan-doesnt-deserve-all-the-blame-but-saints-need-radical-change

Also kenny vaccaro can be exposed in coverage that is not a short zone. Brian Buldinger shows several examples of Vaccaro getting beat in coverage:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-center/videos/Playbook-New-Orleans-Saints-at-Dallas-Cowboys/315cc85a-914a-4b2f-9498-95eb6c3e6bea

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Wow, Jungle, you will have a positive spin no matter what the Bills do.

'The D will improve big time.'

Yeah sure, it cannot get worse.

'Rob's hands were tied because he had bad LBs.'

Well, sorry to hear, that he needs pro Bowlers all over the Defense for his scheme to work...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

rex has had good defenses everywhere he went. all of a sudden hes forgotten how to build one

lol fans

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

LOL.

Quite a parody this whole thing has become - its the guys who are blindly backing this stupid move who'll be first in line with the lynching rope when it goes goes predictably and embarrassingly wrong....again.

For the record, you cannot learn to be a great coach by osmosis - as if just being in the presence of one allows a transfer of genius - sure, it helps to be around the great coaches to learn how they do things but once you are out on your own you have to figure stuff out for yourself - and no amount of hanging around with the clever guys can help you with that.

Guys like Belichick are masters of moving with the times - of adapting to the resources and conditions of the game - the talent level of available players and the rules of the game (and how they are being enforced).

Is Belichick still pushing the 3-4 in New England - or did he move to a more 4-3/4-2 look once he realized where the league was going as regards the offensive rules enforcement - perhaps he looked at the glut of 4-3 DE's coming out of college and the fact that so many guys (like Rob and Rex) wanted to run the 3-4 that it was starving him of resources?

Rob and Rex are dinosaurs that the game has passed by - Rex is still living on the glory of getting to an AFCCG or two 5 or 6 years ago with players he didn't draft (which was followed by almost unprecedented levels of buffoonery once he had to put his own stamp on the team) and a steady regression.

Things have gotten so bad for Rob that people now reference his time as LBers coach of a hated rival 15 years ago! Rob is just like his brother - he survives because talking a good game is better than coaching one for a lot of people.

I've only ever really met 1 football fan, of course. Forgot to mention that earlier.

Im glad he isn't the defensive coordinator but I have no problem with bringing in another experienced defensive mind.

The defense is going to improve big time.

You had me until this but I hope you're right.

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

Rex on Mike & Mike (paraphrasing): "The defense will be very different next season. This year, I tried to blend my scheme with what they had done the year before and it backfired. This offseason, we're going to transition to my defense."

Rex on Mike & Mike (paraphrasing): "The defense will be very different next season. This year, I tried to blend my scheme with what they had done the year before and it backfired. This offseason, we're going to transition to my defense."

wow DISASTER then as they dont have the people so EXPECT this D to be even worse next year....worse yet...they will tear up what was a Elite D...do horribly for a few more years because they just wont have the players...then this staff will get fired..then the next HC will come in and want to run a 4-3 again and ALL OVER it starts...this will be a YEARS long running well past 20 years no playoffs...

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

One more disaster year and with any luck the brothers will both be out of here. Terry obviously has turned this over to Rex to either sink or swim.

He's supposed to be an asset when he's been fired from several positions. When NO let him go I didn't see a rush by any team to pick this guy up. Personally I think he has a bad track record.

Unfortunately, I am not surprised that the Bills would pick him up. They have a history of dumbass moves by management. Just add this to the heaping pile.

Yes he can. Ohhhh yes he can. You're talking about the coach whose defense allowed the most passing touchdowns in one season in the history of the NFL, surpassing every inept, incompetent, blundering, ignorant, useless loser who had preceded him into the record book.

People can point to that Saints defense all they want but it's bullshit. Yup, they sucked. And they sucked after he was fired and guess what...the sucked before he was hired b/c they have horrible players on that side of the ball.

I believe the DC before Ryan was Steve Spagnoulo. The same Spags who beat the Pats to prevent the unbeaten season. Spags is a good DC and his defense in NO was historically bad as well. Gotta have players.

Anyways, we all saw this coming. It should surprise nobody. Rob Ryan is not a moron. If put in the right role I'm sure he can be of some value.

He's supposed to be an asset when he's been fired from several positions. When NO let him go I didn't see a rush by any team to pick this guy up. Personally I think he has a bad track record.

Unfortunately, I am not surprised that the Bills would pick him up. They have a history of dumbass moves by management. Just add this to the heaping pile.

With regards to your first point, it's not like another team was going to sign him mid-season to be their DC and it was unlikely he was going to accept joining a team as a position coach. I'd also assume we had the inside track with the whole brother angle.

Not in love with this move but, I guess we will see.