Forget the defense slipping and blah blah blah.

When was the last coach you heard talk about the Bills, the fans, the community, being proud to be here... Like this?

(Speaking of Doug Marrone) "I wouldn't care about (an opt-our clause) because I definitely wouldn't exercise it. I'm happy as heck to be here. I'm proud to be a Buffalo Bill and I'm gonna do whatever I can in my power to make this team, get this team to be successful ... I look at it as what can I do better, and I'm gonna look hard and deep to do that. I can promise you, and that's the thing about this community, like, I wanna win. I wanna win in the absolute worst way, and yeah, I wanna win for myself, but I wanna win for this community. I know and I know the history. The recent history and all that, and I see those fans out there — 70,000-plus in a snowstorm — and it's like, if this is not the best fan base in the league, it's certainly right there with them. They're loyal, passionate, and that's why it's like, you know, don't think for a second that didn't have an effect on us yesterday in winning and losing that game. Because we knew our fans were behind us and that thing's huge. ... I don't want to disappoint, and I did. I let our fan base down because I take it personally. But you can bet anything that I wanna be here as long as I can. But I wanna be here because we're winning, and we're building, and the fan base. I want the fan base to be as happy that I'm their coach as I am that these fans are in my fan base. That's what I'd like." - Rex Ryan

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Well, Marrone said right before using his opt-out clause standing in front of the whole team. "It's all about the Bills family".

If I remember correctly these were pretty much his last words to the team before sending them into the offseason.

Not saying that Rex would act similarily. But these are just words.

And if he wants to win in the badest way he might consider kicking Hughes ass for the penalties and getting a replay assistant. Just saying...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Big deal. Yea I like the "guy". The "coach" needs to get his shit together.

We will win the East!! Go Bills!!

1) I love you too, Lit.

2) I was less rooting for the Bills loosing, than for Rex being fired and Fitz making it to the playoffs. But I know that this is not a sufficient reason for you :D

3) yes, that was literally the only positive thing he said. And exactly that proves my point. Saying something like that, does not increase the probability for staying. Although I agree that Rex is more loyal than Marrone. Actually I think he is too loyal, especially to his assistants.

4) Ok, we got a replay assistant. Great. And it took Rex only 5 and a half years being a Head Coach to realize that. Kudos. Maybe 5 more years and he will learn to kick the players ass when they commit one stupid personal foul after the other.

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

Rex talks a good game, I'll give him that much. To give the Pats locker room fodder was a rookie HC mistake that he should have known better on, given his experience in the league. Is anybody here really impressed by his coaching overall and thinks we can't do better than him? Since when does being a nice guy put any in the W column. Yeah, he's gonna try harder. The first year is gonna have some growing pains, granted. I just don't see this guy as anything but a fair to middling HC.

I like Rex. We blew up this organization. We need to give them time. I think its a three year process - and then you take a look what direction your heading in, have you identified and corrected problems. Are you continuing to get better. We have a baseline now. Lets see what the new organization can do.

Its nice he says those things and he does seem to mean them. I mean he could be just talking out of his ass

But .... its just words man.

Prove it on the field. Actions speak louder than words Rex. You're on my shit list for what you did to our elite defense until further notice.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Me.

I think he is a good coach.

56 of 58 career wins. You might want to up your standards a little dude.

Its nice he says those things and he does seem to mean them. I mean he could be just talking out of his ass

Prove it on the field. Actions speak louder than words Rex. You're on my shit list for what you did to our elite defense until further notice.

And it was an easy apples to apples comparison between last season's D and this season's. He has this rep about him that isn't really earned. Maybe part of the Buddy mystique or something.

Id rather have a guy who thinks buffalo is a shithole, the fans are idiots and gets the team to the playoffs.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

It wasn't apples to apples at all.

2 starters left

and another 4 starters were injured.

6 new players is not apples to apples. That's more than half the defense.

Spikes and Searcy were the starters we lost. Spikes was good but Searcy is really nothing to write home about.

We also added Darby so at best we were -1 on starters from the previous years. The injuries are obviously a big factor. We were much healthier last year.

But the drop was massive. Its one thing to have a slight step back. A few spots in rankings. But we went full retard man. Never go full retard.

He is definitely impossible not to like. Hell I even liked him when he coached the Jets. I was jealous that they had him and we had the garbage we've been accustomed to.

The only coach I've still got fond memories of in the last decade plus is Gailey. I still like Chan.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

It wasn't apples to apples at all.

2 starters left

and another 4 starters were injured.

6 new players is not apples to apples. That's more than half the defense.

So no injuries and we're top 4 again right? uh-huh

Nah, "dude", I don't.

You have to look at outliers.

Rex had 1 really bad season that skewed the stats, because Idzik GUTTED his team.

Take away that 1 season and he is 56-44.

Which would put him in the top 50 coaches of ALL TIME in win %.

There's that woulda, coulda, shoulda attitude coming out again Come out of fantasy land and look at actual acomplishments. Top coaches of all time. yeah.

I like Rex. We blew up this organization. We need to give them time. I think its a three year process - and then you take a look what direction your heading in, have you identified and corrected problems. Are you continuing to get better. We have a baseline now. Lets see what the new organization can do.

There are so many coaches that turned a franchise around in one year and reached the playoffs in their first year. For some reason only we have three year schedules. And not only that. We have unsuccesful three year schedules. There was no need for a 3-year plan. The plan should have been. Let Roman do his running theme and keep the D on the same performance level.

Rex ruined the D and only due to that we now need a three year plan.

Spikes was 2x as good as Brown or Bradham.

I know he's better. He's the one starter I do think we missed.

Searcy is significantly better than Rambo, and a little better than A Williams as well.

You can't be serious. He's about as mediocre as Rambo. If he's better than him its not by much. And he's not better than AW by any stretch of the imagination.

McKelvin played incredibly well last year. He played about as good as Darby did this year. Check out the stats.

Nah man. You seem to be reaching to defend Rexy or create some discussion. I don't even believe you believe this.

But really the starters werent the biggest issues.

INJURIES were.

Losing 5 starters to injury. WOW.

That was huge. Specially Kyle's.

I like him, I think he is a genuinely good guy. Just like i like EJ Manuel and think the same of him. I wanted BOTH to succeed. EJ looks like he may be past that point. Coach...im not sure, a Defensive minded HC with a D with a LOT of talent spaced throughout it.. takes over a top 3 D and turns it into a bottom feeder...Sounds like a COACHING issue..... If Rex can somehow understand this and figure out a way to run a D thats not so complicated AND fits his defensive players he has a possibility of improving. If he goes into next year like he did this last and INSISTS on trying to run his overly convoluted scheme with players that are not a fit for it and tries to pound square pegs into round holes like he did all last year and refused to stop doing..he will fail...lets see if he can adjust or if he is a lost cause.

A coup for him would be to get Pettine back in here and hand the D over to him to run and maybe give a few suggestions but not interfere...just be the HC. If I see anything like his FAIL brother bringing his STINK around this team and Rex refusing to change..then I know the team is yet again 5 years away and he wont ever get the job done.

That said Id love the the guy to change things up and bring the Bills back to the playoffs and become "the next great HC" in Bills history.. I think that would be awesome. ....I just dont know if Rex can change.. we shall see.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

It's not hard. I seem to be able to not like Rex fairly easily.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

Lol.

I didn't realize I was debating with the mentally challenged.

Here is a tip for you:

Bill Belichicks record his first 6 years coaching: 41-55

Marv Levys record his first 6 years coaching: 33-47

Tom Landrys record his first 6 years coaching: 25-53

But whatever, let's not confuse facts with your cliches like "woulda, coula, shoulda".

Don't feed the trolls is my response to that. Why did you buy this board, just to start shit? Is your life really that meaningless?

Nah, "dude", I don't.

You have to look at outliers.

Rex had 1 really bad season that skewed the stats, because Idzik GUTTED his team.

Take away that 1 season and he is 56-44.

Which would put him in the top 50 coaches of ALL TIME in win %.

Unless, of course, you apply the same criterion to the other coaches and eliminate their worst seasons from the record.

As was once said about running for president, "The most important thing is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."

I'm not sure about Rex yet but I'm inclined to give him a second chance because in a year when's lot of things went wrong with injury and first year on job he went 8-8 which is better than many of the Bills seasons in the past.

120ifs4.jpg

What did Quinn say?

And who is he, by the way?