Can we let that shit go now?

It is nauseating to hear from you rejects that the Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 and therefore Rex was the reason. There are plenty of things to blame Rex for (legitimately), but pointing to that is stupid.

To quote JETS fans:

w12l3oa.png

DWUTEta.png

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Agreed. The Jets team was completely different at...oh I don't know...several of the most important positions in the modern game of football including QB, #1WR (both of those making Decker way better), and CB.

I have fought with you on this before, but to be charitable, they added one guy (Brandon Marshall) who re-wrote the single season Jets record book for receiving. As good as Sammy was yesterday, I would argue that Marshall was even better. Virtually uncoverable, and required double teaming most of the game.

-STS

And a shout out to Buffalo13 - Marshall Makes Decker a lot lot better, and he functions much better as a #2 WR as opposed to a #1

I am not so sure Belichek could make the playoffs with Geno Smith.

Or that Rex could make the playoffs with Tom Brady.

Charitable?

Haha.

7 new starters.

3 of them are Pro Bowlers.

And a 4th broke the Jets single season TD record.

We've already discussed it at length. I compared Bowles to Rex this year, and said that Bowles was doing a better job as a head coach. I did factor the Jets performance last year into that comparison, but we weigh the Jets acquisitions differently. I agreed more with the "experts" who still felt the Jets were the worst in the AFC East after the acquisitions. Of course, that was 2 Bills wins ago, but I would argue that point again. Rex forced a new defensive scheme on a defense that was already incredibly successful. I think that worked against us this year. We need better LBs to operate in that scheme, and we also need more well-rounded defensive ends.

That said, I think TT is a better QB than Fitz. The Jets got more out of Fitz than I ever thought they would - is that credit to the Jets coaching staff or something else? Also, Revis is not even a top-20 CB this year according to all the football metrics out there. I'm actually surprised at how much he tailed off this year. Although some of Watkins' success yesterday was due to the zone defense the Jets often employed, he pretty easily roasted Revis throughout the day when they were 1v1. I'm looking forward to more Sammy next year.

Any team that believes Ryan Fitzpatrick is Brett Farve deserves every possible heartbreak

Buffalo dumped this guy for a reason....dah

NY fans have the IQ of a cucumber

Fuck the jets. I could heave it up to Brandon Marshall all day. They played a last place schedule and took advantage of it. Good for them. But when I hear jet fans and a shit load of other fans act completely stunned and shocked they lost...why? We own the fucking jets. We are 6-1 or something like that the last 3 or 4 years. They're our bitches. Motherfukers acting they the Pats or something. Had morons all day at work telling me shit like "the Bills pulled off a miracle!!!!!!!" I just looked at them dead pan and said "the jets? Really?" Fuck that noise.

miserable that 70s show GIF

Experts?

You mean the same experts who had Indi going to the Super bowl?

Yep, and Pagano was expecting to be fired for their poor performance, although his extension was a big surprise. Your argument cuts both ways.