joelatte

How drastic do you think the changes will be?

Do you think major re-tooling will happen this off season or do you think that OBD is satisfied that the team is making money and will only go for minor changes that will have little impact? I'm not seeing much killer instinct from TP (from what we've seen from his two teams so far), so I'm leaning more in the direction of minor changes.

Expect a few former jets with a major defensive overhaul. Mario, mckelvin, graham, kyle williams, bradham likely all gone.

flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg

REX NEEDS TO GO!! Not that I actually see that happening... the Pegulas will leave him in place like Regier...long enough to destroy a team that seemed only a decent QB away from being a contender.

Rex will get rid of players who don't buy into his bull..it! He will dump players who don't fit HIS SCHEME, instead of following coaching 100 and FIXING HIS STUPID SCHEME, so it fits our great players talents! Remember those of you who say Mario, Kyle Williams, &Hughes will be gone, ALL 3 OF THEM MADE THE PRO BOWL LAST YEAR!! They didn't suddenly forget how to play... THE DEFENSIVE SCHEME SUCKS!!!

WHALEY, REX, & ROMAN ALL NEED TO GO!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My NEW AAB is Eric Wood

My adoptee is #71 Jason Peters

My alumni adoptee is the original #89 Lou Piccone

LIVESTRONG

I'm guessing all new waterboys for 2016. That should shake things up and put fear into the hearts of the rest of the NFL

There will be enough changes (though not the most crucial one) to have the Rex-led Bills to 5-11 next year.

Sigh

When I see all the "fire the coaches!!!!!!!!! " posts I just shake my head.

Scheme or not. MAKE A FUCKING PLAY!!!!!! I can't blame Rex when guys don't wrap up, get burned, get plowed over etc. which scheme is that? We bitch about not blitzing enough and when we do we still get fucking burned...because our guys are not getting there...or they do and the qb just heaves it up and our DB gets burned. Some of you acted like we had the 85 bears D last year. The D last year did not get the bills to the playoffs nor was it close. Don't be fooled by all the sacks we got. Big whoop.

I can blame him for penalties and clock management, which wasn't great, but scheme? Lol

Players have to be held accountable. Both sides of the ball. Tired of blaming fucking coaching...so overrated. You know what Bill Belichick would do with this team. Nothing. Why? No franchise qb. End.

miserable that 70s show GIF

no significant mgmt changes imo. mario likely the biggest subtraction, probably at least one of the starting williamsi to injury/degradation. nothing else major unless you consider cutting ej major, which may or may not happen and wouldnt really be big anyway

like it or not rex will get another full season to implement. its pretty clear what he needs to do to stay entrenched as the coach here: get the defense working and get over .500. im gonna go out on a limb and say its 50/50 he does it

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Sigh

Players have to be held accountable. Both sides of the ball. Tired of blaming fucking coaching...so overrated. You know what Bill Belichick would do with this team. Nothing. Why? No franchise qb. End.

And who holds the players accountable? The coach. Would Belichick stand for some of the effort that we saw yesterday? No way. Players would be cut immediately. Why do players show devotion and effort for their coaches? Because they trust that the coaches will put them in the best position to succeed. None of that will happen here with Rex.

I agree that we need a franchise QB. But we also need some semblance of a defense, which we don't currently have, eventhough our HC is a "defensive mastermind". I had no idea that in 2015 mastermind was a synonym for "self-involved, stubborn idiot".

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

stop pointing to belicheat as the model hc. that guy lucked into his undeserved genius label when marcia fell into his lap. when shes gone hes going right back to his sub-.500 natural hc ability

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

And who holds the players accountable? The coach. Would Belichick stand for some of the effort that we saw yesterday? No way. Players would be cut immediately. Why do players show devotion and effort for their coaches? Because they trust that the coaches will put them in the best position to succeed. None of that will happen here with Rex.

I agree that we need a franchise QB. But we also need some semblance of a defense, which we don't currently have, eventhough our HC is a "defensive mastermind". I had no idea that in 2015 mastermind was a synonym for "self-involved, stubborn idiot".

And that's one thing Sammy pointed out that I do agree with. The coaches need to get rid of peopl who just can't cur it or doesn't want to cut it(Mario).

I'm very curious to see what is done during this offseason. If nothing...then yeah Rex is a tool.

miserable that 70s show GIF

Front Office: I don't envision many changes at the top. Unless Ryan and Whaley don't get along and Ryan has the ear of the Pegula's.

Coaching Staff: The big changes will come on the defensive side. I think Thurman will be replaced and we may see changes in the position coaches as well on both sides of the ball.

Personnel: This is where we will see the biggest changes come 2016.

Offense

QB: Taylor gets another year as the starter in a make or break year for him moving forward. We may draft a kid in the later rounds who would probably end up on the practice squad and sign a vet to back up Taylor.

RB: Pretty set here. McCoy and Williams will be the main guys and Gillepsie has done enough to come back as the #3 back and special teams guy. Felton hasn't made a difference so he may or may not be back.

WR: Watkins/Woods/Hogan return. I personally would like to reach out to the Jags and see if they would be interested in moving Maquise Lee. He was a teammate of Woods' in USC and I think a Watkins/Woods/Lee trio on the field the majority of the time with Hogan seeing around 10-15 snaps on offense and playing special teams would be ideal. Lee is not going to see significant time or targets behind Robinson and Hurns in Jacksonville but could play a bigger role as a #2 for us.

TE: Set here. Clay is our guy and backups are just that.

OL: Major work needed here. Glenn is our best lineman and he is a free agent. We need to hold onto Glenn and look for improvements all over the o-line. We should be drafting high and multiple times on the o-line and probably add a vet through free agency.

DL: I see a full switch to Ryan's 3-4 and I also see the Bills parting ways with Mario and Kyle Williams for fit and injury issues as well as adding almost 20 mil to our cap for 16. I hope that Ryan had a good relationship with Wilkerson and can persuade him along with the money we save in cutting the Williams' to sign with us. We don't really have a NT for his D on the roster so we should look to the draft and pick up someone who fits the bill in the middle rounds.

LB: With Dareus and Wilkerson on the d line I think Hughes and Lawson are more than enough at the OLB spots. We can look to bring in a guy Ryan see's fit in the later rounds for depth. We will need work in the middle as Bradham is not a good fit and Brown while serviceable will need help as we will be playing with 2 ILBs in Rex's D. Two guys I hope the Bills take a look at in free agency are Mason Foster and Zach Brown. Both are in the mid 20s, have good measurables and should be under the radar type guys who we wouldn't have to break the bank for.

DB: I think the team has Gilmore and Darby in their long term future as their man corners who will allow Rex to utilize his zone blitzing scheme off of their man coverage. McKelvin will probably be let go to save some cash and we will roll with our younger corners and maybe sign a vet to round out the group. We may look to add a starting caliber safety as Williams is our only guy who is a true starter and he is coming off of the neck thing.

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

Joe Buscaglia was asked and he said he thinks Danny Crossman is out the door.

Good riddance if so.

We obviously need more than just firing the ST coach but its a start. Our special teams play this year has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

His teams win.

That's all there is.

Is Brady a MASSIVE part of that?

Sure.

If you dont want to use Belicheck, use Bruce Arians.

He doesn't have a stud QB, but he wins by making sure his players are in the right position.

Carson Palmer is very freaking good. If you polled the entire NFL for the MVP award I bet Palmer comes in 3rd after Cam and Marcia.

Your point about BB is very valid. I just think you miss fired about Arians (who is a phenomenal coach btw) not having a stud QB.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I dont know what the hell this team plans to do but if they play to overhaul the roster to fit this fat lard asses system it will set the franchise back another decade.

This team went from being a pedestrian offense away from being a playoff contender to being a no identify disaster of a roster with no direction and a bunch of square peg round holes guys trying to fit into 2 stubborn block heads' systems.

Cut your losses, admit it was a royal mistake to hire lard ass, and go back to last year's D with the personnel you already have in place and try to build an offense that can support what was and should be the best D in the league.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.