Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sucked In Again

1994 Weather Bills / Raiders

Recommended Posts

The date was January 15, 1994. The Bills were coming off a 12-4 season atop the AFC East standings, set to take on the Los Angeles Raiders in the divisional playoff game. The game (outcome aside) has lived in local infamy as the coldest Bills game in Orchard Park. The temperature on January 15 was 0 degrees with a wind chill colder than -10 degrees. Final Score Bills 29 / Raiders 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like The Comeback, there are 500,000 Bills fans who swear they were at the game. :classic_biggrin:

  • Laugh Copy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. I remember thinking we were gonna blow these motherfuckers out since ya know…they’re from California and not use to that shit….WRONG…they hung in there and made a game of it…..Steve Tasker was the X factor in that game. Wish we had some kind of ‘X factor’ today…well besides Josh Allen. 

  • Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LIBills said:

Just like The Comeback, there are 500,000 Bills fans who swear they were at the game. :classic_biggrin:

I was at both this and the comeback game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sucked In Again said:

The date was January 15, 1994. The Bills were coming off a 12-4 season atop the AFC East standings, set to take on the Los Angeles Raiders in the divisional playoff game. The game (outcome aside) has lived in local infamy as the coldest Bills game in Orchard Park. The temperature on January 15 was 0 degrees with a wind chill colder than -10 degrees. Final Score Bills 29 / Raiders 23

That must have been brutal.  What I find funny is not many old Raiders talk about that game, but they still cry about how cold it was in the '91 Conference Championship game where it was 38F.   :niterider:

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Woody said:

That must have been brutal.  What I find funny is not many old Raiders talk about that game, but they still cry about how cold it was in the '91 Conference Championship game where it was 38F.   :niterider:

I went to the stadum with a garbage bag filled with old newspapers to try to keep my feet warm while wearing thurmal boots & my feet still got cold. 

  • Laugh Copy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...