Sign in to follow this  
Sucked In Again

1994 Weather Bills / Raiders

The date was January 15, 1994. The Bills were coming off a 12-4 season atop the AFC East standings, set to take on the Los Angeles Raiders in the divisional playoff game. The game (outcome aside) has lived in local infamy as the coldest Bills game in Orchard Park. The temperature on January 15 was 0 degrees with a wind chill colder than -10 degrees. Final Score Bills 29 / Raiders 23

Just like The Comeback, there are 500,000 Bills fans who swear they were at the game. :classic_biggrin:

• Laugh Copy 1

Yup. I remember thinking we were gonna blow these motherfuckers out since ya know…they’re from California and not use to that shit….WRONG…they hung in there and made a game of it…..Steve Tasker was the X factor in that game. Wish we had some kind of ‘X factor’ today…well besides Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

7 hours ago, LIBills said:

Just like The Comeback, there are 500,000 Bills fans who swear they were at the game. :classic_biggrin:

I was at both this and the comeback game.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sucked In Again said:

The date was January 15, 1994. The Bills were coming off a 12-4 season atop the AFC East standings, set to take on the Los Angeles Raiders in the divisional playoff game. The game (outcome aside) has lived in local infamy as the coldest Bills game in Orchard Park. The temperature on January 15 was 0 degrees with a wind chill colder than -10 degrees. Final Score Bills 29 / Raiders 23

That must have been brutal.  What I find funny is not many old Raiders talk about that game, but they still cry about how cold it was in the '91 Conference Championship game where it was 38F.   :niterider:

35 minutes ago, Woody said:

That must have been brutal.  What I find funny is not many old Raiders talk about that game, but they still cry about how cold it was in the '91 Conference Championship game where it was 38F.   :niterider:

I went to the stadum with a garbage bag filled with old newspapers to try to keep my feet warm while wearing thurmal boots & my feet still got cold. 

• Laugh Copy 1