Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Jets' Robert Saleh says Bills are best team he faced in 2021

Goddamn right it was.

Jets' Robert Saleh says Bills are best team he faced in 2021

8b734652ffd14ad8a4c2023280ea04f3.jpg?w=1

The New York Jets’ 2021 season is over and it came to its conclusion on Sunday in Buffalo against the Bills.

In a 27-10 final, the Bills (11-6) sent the Jets (4-13) home with one more loss.

For New York, the year did have some promise for a rebuilding franchise. One of those pieces they have in place that they hope the right man for the job is head coach Robert Saleh.

On Monday, Saleh reflected on his first season with the Jets and touched on one interesting topic: Who is the best team he faced in his first year in charge?

His choice was the Bills.

“They all present different challenges, right? Buffalo is probably the most complete team when you look quarterback, run game, pass game, their defense is ridiculous,” Saleh said via The Michael Kay Show. “I’d probably say Buffalo. They’re complete. They’ve got everything, heck of a coaching staff. They’re sound, they’re explosive. Really, really, talented group.”

Some nice compliments from the Jets coach.

Fans in New York will long have a spectrum of the AFC East like Bills fans. They hold some added angst against the New England Patriots for their string of successes over the long term.

But the fresh faced Salah agrees with whoever designed the t-shirts Buffalo players wore following Sunday’s game: The Bills “run the East” now.

Along with Salah, following Sunday’s game via press conference Jets rookie quarterback Zach Wilson admitted that he certainly felt aggravated facing Buffalo for the first time.

“We’ve got to take advantage of our opportunities. I’ve got to play better, I’ve got to do my job,” Wilson said. “I had some real frustrating plays on my end.”

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Don Shula used to do this every time he played Buffalo. He would compliment the Bills in every way possible then promptly destroy them on game day. It's amazing that people actually fall for this salesman type rhetoric.

3 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Don Shula used to do this every time he played Buffalo. He would compliment the Bills in every way possible then promptly destroy them on game day. It's amazing that people actually fall for this salesman type rhetoric.

I don't fall for it.

The name of the game is to beat the Pats on Saturday. 

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. 

1 minute ago, SpikedLemonade said:

We are going to blow out the Patriots like a bad taco blasting a toilet by that fat ass of Very Wide Ass.

I hope they aren't going to go into the game as overconfident as your are.

The Bills just simply have to focus with the problem at hand, otherwise they will be golfing with the rest of on Sunday. :classic_biggrin:

The Bills have 6 losses on the season simply because of their overconfidence. That needs to end starting Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, SpikedLemonade said:

We are going to blow out the Patriots like a bad taco blasting a toilet by that fat ass of Very Wide Ass.

This is your mind on mental illness.

I love the Zach Wilson quote. He looked absolutely horrible.

He was running scared and making horrible decisions. The kid needs to learn to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds for a 10 yard loss when he is in field goal range on 3rd down.

I haven’t seen him play much this year but from his highlights he seemed to have some ok moments and some absolutely horrible moments. I was a little worried about his mobility but he was getting tripped up rather easily. Taking 9 sacks against this defense  is embarrassing. 

I love sending him into the off-season on such a low note. It is going to be eating him up all winter.