Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Dolphins players, rest of NFL react to Brian Flores getting fired: 'I'm sick'

Dolphins players, rest of NFL react to Brian Flores getting fired: 'I'm sick'

The Monday after the NFL regular season proceeded as planned early. The Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears cleaned house, moves that were expected for weeks. And then the Miami Dolphins shocked everyone.

Miami fired coach Brian Flores after three seasons. The move came as surprise considering Flores led the team to a 19-14 record over the last two seasons and won 8 of his final 9 games in 2021 after an abysmal start.

The move also took Dolphins players by surprise. A few members of the team expressed sadness, surprise and thanks upon hearing Flores was fired.

The biggest reaction came from Dolphins cornerback Nik Needham, who said he was "sick" over the news.

Cornerback Jason McCourty simply tweeted the word "wow" with four exclamation points.

Players around the NFL react to Brian Flores firing
Flores' firing made waves outside the Dolphins. Carolina Panthers cornerback Stephon Gilmore called Flores, "A great coach."

Flores and Gilmore overlapped with the New England Patriots. Flores was the team's linebackers coach in 2017 and 2018 before joining the Dolphins. 

Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Eric Ebron said the move, "Makes no sense."

With Flores out, the Dolphins will look for their ninth head coach since 2005. Team owner Stephen Ross has ties to Michigan, though claimed the Dolphins will not pursue Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh.

70322090-7256-11ec-bf39-2dd24dd2fc61

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

The Jags, Vikings, and Bears jobs have to be considered the better jobs IMO. The Raiders, Broncos, and Dolphins have to deal with top tier quarterbacks for the next ten years within their divisions while no team in the AFC south has a franchise qb and A-a-ron will retire within 3 years. 

• Like 2

Yeah I don’t get that move at all 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

The guy running the Raiders right now looks like a keeper.

If Miami thinks they're getting Harbaugh, that could happen but didn't he burn a few bridges when he went to MI?

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan