Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

New England vs Buffalo. Wildcard Game!

I wanted The Chargers. A west coast team, not a division rival, traveling to a cold-weather stadium. But, the story plays out better if it's this particular division rivalry. Here are the advantages as I see them.

Coaching  - Pats. This is a no-brainer. McD is a good coach but he's not the GOAT.

QB - Bills. Sorry, but Mac is a mediocre QB. Only in NE, does anyone think otherwise. Allen brings the intangibles. His arm, his legs and his ability to sacrifice himself.

Offense - Even. NE has the ability to break big runs, Buffalo can hit big passes and as Allen goes, the offense goes with him. Both teams are inconsistent. For the Bills, that means play-calling. Daboll has not gotten past calling ridiculous plays at ridiculous times.

Defense - Even. These are two top-tier defenses and both will refuse to give in to the other team.

Other - Pats. The Bills have a bad habit of getting in their own head and I think NE will bring more of a "been there" attitude to the first playoff game and will work to take the Bills fans out of the game.

It's going to be a tough, close game. If Buffalo can get to Mac as consistently as they have been getting to QB's the last few weeks and shut down the run as they have done in the latter part of the season, Bills win.

If NE can keep Allen from using his legs and can force him to make errant throws that lead to INT's like he's done more often in the last few weeks and break those big runs, NE wins.

It's a pick 'em game that will have a very close line, I'm sure.

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

The only advantage I see over the Pats is at QB.

And we better hope and pray it’s Dec 26th Josh Allen that shows up…if the last 5 home games Josh Allen shows up…Bills are fucked! 

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

The Pats have played poorly over the last month or so.

I expected the Bills to be favoured by 7.5 points but it is less.  I expect it will grow in the Bills favour throughout the week

Patriots vs. Bills

Opening point spread: Bills -4.5
Opening point total: 43.5
Opening moneyline: Bills -200, Patriots +170

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/1/9/22875001/nfl-playoff-odds-2022-wild-card-round-2022-opening-point-spreads-49ers-cowboys-cardinals-rams-chiefs

• Like 1

I think the Bills are the better team. These aren't the Brady Pats we are talking about. If the Bills stop the Pats run game then I see a double digit win for Buffalo. Just like they did a few weeks ago in NE. The stadium is going to be insane for a Saturday night game against the hated Pats. 

• Like 2

Buffalo was clearly the better team the first two times they faced each other and I expect them to be the better team Saturday too.

If the Bills can avoid game altering mistakes (turnovers, giving up big plays…..) they should be playing KC in the 2nd round.

26 minutes ago, bcw said:

Buffalo was clearly the better team the first two times they faced each other and I expect them to be the better team Saturday too.

If the Bills can avoid game altering mistakes (turnovers, giving up big plays…..) they should be playing KC in the 2nd round.

Those mistakes and the bills lackluster performance at home is what scares me. On paper, it should not be difficult

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

50 minutes ago, bcw said:

I know its a long shot but maybe the Steelers can upset the Chiefs. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Laugh Copy 1

2 hours ago, Greg said:

I know its a long shot but maybe the Steelers can upset the Chiefs. 

I think Denver showed that if you don't blitz, and you can cover the secondary, it really limits Kansas City on offense. The problem is you have to do it for 60 minutes

Seek help. soflabillsfan

10 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I think Denver showed that if you don't blitz, and you can cover the secondary, it really limits Kansas City on offense. The problem is you have to do it for 60 minutes

The Steelers are good at getting to the QB without blitzing. Hopefully Watt can have a monster game and they get after Mahomes. It's a long shot but hoping for a Steelers win otherwise the Bills go back to KC if they beat NE.

• Like 1

I'd argue Bills have an advantage on offense vs. the Pats. They can run the ball but if you are able to slow it down at all then they have to rely on Jones to win it which he hasn't really shown he can do. The Bills' run game has come alive a bit the last few games and as long as the weather holds up Allen can still sling it to run the score up and force them to start throwing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theAteam said:

I'd argue Bills have an advantage on offense vs. the Pats. They can run the ball but if you are able to slow it down at all then they have to rely on Jones to win it which he hasn't really shown he can do. The Bills' run game has come alive a bit the last few games and as long as the weather holds up Allen can still sling it to run the score up and force them to start throwing.

The only reason I didn't see it this way is because that yes, the run game has come alive but no, Daboll is still not calling the correct plays. He did it again last night, the bills are in scoring position and he starts calling runs up the middle. Motor has definitely picked it up but he is not a Travis Henry that is going to break through coverage by muscling his way in the middle. When the offensive line opens seems that he could slip through on slants, that's when he breaks for yards but we have an offensive coordinator who cannot get out of his own way when it comes to the running game.

My other fear is that Josh Allen has not looked like a cold weather quarterback, which is really bizarre considering he played college in fucking Wyoming

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Same game plan as last time. Focus on the run and dare noodle arm Jones to throw the ball which will not favor them since we're expecting cold and wind again. However, Daboll needs to seriously come up with a new offensive game plan because you know Belicheat will have designed defenses to neutralize what we did last time.

• Like 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Hope we play McKenzie as much as he did in the last match up.  Even if he doesn’t have the stats, it will make the pats have to weaken another part of their defense because of what he showed them the last time out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

Hope we play McKenzie as much as he did in the last match up.  Even if he doesn’t have the stats, it will make the pats have to weaken another part of their defense because of what he showed them the last time out.

Why in the world was McKenzie removed from the weekly game plans up until Sanders got hurt. Makes no sense at all.

3 hours ago, bcw said:

Why in the world was McKenzie removed from the weekly game plans up until Sanders got hurt. Makes no sense at all.

And where has he been since?

Seek help. soflabillsfan