Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Harris seems to be a great fit for the Steelers but he isn’t what I want at rb for this offense.

I want a quick, pass catching rb. This is Josh’s team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2022 at 9:30 AM, seandelevan said:

FUcK yOu…nEvEr dRafT a rB iN thE fIrsT rOunD. BEsIdEs hE wAs gOne aNywAy

And I knew he would be…that’s why I wanted Beane to move up. How many of you would rather have Harris over Basham right now?  Think all of us would trade away that second round pick to move up to get this guy. 

 

Here is the problem.

Obviously McDermott (and Beane) had it in their heads that Cody Ford was going to be a starter on the OLine in 2021 and that we were good at Running Back.

This viewpoint results from the fact they drafted Cody Ford (moving up to do it) in the 2nd round.  That was a high pick.   They also used a 3rd on Singletary and a 3rd on Moss.   Pretty high picks.

It is hard for coaches and GMs to rip the band aid off on high picks, so they blindly keep trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

So I am sure they never even considered Najee Harris.   Wish they had.    Or, at least instead of Boogie they should have drafted Meinerz Quinn aka the Gut.  He is a strong IOLinemen and having a good rookie year.   Boogie we could have done with out.

But, they are making the picks, and are skewed in what they prioritize.       PS   No Najee Harris type runners in this year's draft. 

  • Like 1

Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Here is the problem.

Obviously McDermott (and Beane) had it in their heads that Cody Ford was going to be a starter on the OLine in 2021 and that we were good at Running Back.

This viewpoint results from the fact they drafted Cody Ford (moving up to do it) in the 2nd round.  That was a high pick.   They also used a 3rd on Singletary and a 3rd on Moss.   Pretty high picks.

It is hard for coaches and GMs to rip the band aid off on high picks, so they blindly keep trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

So I am sure they never even considered Najee Harris.   Wish they had.    Or, at least instead of Boogie they should have drafted Meinerz Quinn aka the Gut.  He is a strong IOLinemen and having a good rookie year.   Boogie we could have done with out.

But, they are making the picks, and are skewed in what they prioritize.       PS   No Najee Harris type runners in this year's draft. 

I think if Etienne was there, they would have taken him.

  • Like 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I think if Etienne was there, they would have taken him.

I am okay not drafting Etienne.   If we draft a RB, we need a bigger back to pair with Singletary or Moss.   Someone that can grind out a 3rd and 2 for a first down.

We are throwing on 3rd and 1 because we don't have a big back.    Give me Jerome Bettis.  Earl Campbell.  Ickey Woods.  Najee Harris.   Someone with some beef. 


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2022 at 4:33 PM, seandelevan said:

If the Bills cruise through the playoffs and win a Super Bowl because our defense, especially our pASs rUsHerS, lead the way…then I’ll ban myself from website. 

We NeEd To DraFt ThE NeXt TeD WasHiNgt0N wiTH oUr 1sT PiCk!

  • Laugh Copy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I think if Etienne was there, they would have taken him.

He SHOULD have been there but Urban Meyer, since fired, got cute and swept him up for a position that wasn't a huge need in Jacksonville with Robinson doing pretty well. However, old unemployed Meyer did us a solid since Etienne wound up not playing due to injury anyway.


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I am okay not drafting Etienne.   If we draft a RB, we need a bigger back to pair with Singletary or Moss.   Someone that can grind out a 3rd and 2 for a first down.

We are throwing on 3rd and 1 because we don't have a big back.    Give me Jerome Bettis.  Earl Campbell.  Ickey Woods.  Najee Harris.   Someone with some beef. 

Etienne is 5'10 215. He isn't small. 

Breece Hall and Isaish Spiller are in that 6 foot 215-220 range. Not sure if they are there at the end of round 2.


81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Etienne is 5'10 215. He isn't small. 

Breece Hall and Isaish Spiller are in that 6 foot 215-220 range. Not sure if they are there at the end of round 2.

Here is a back that is not big like I would like, but he has a great knack/footwork/drive when there is no hole.  He can move quick, find a crease and get something when there is nothing there.  Other times he bursts through the hole for long gains.   Runs like I wish Moss would. 

He would be an interesting "4th round pick" in my opinion.    Plus he has a great name   Sincere.    Should draft him just for that reason alone. 

 


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I think if Etienne was there, they would have taken him.

100% no doubt about it!


" GO BILLS "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the deal with the upper case lower case shit? Makes your posts look like they were written by a retard


jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BertSquirtgum said:

What's the deal with the upper case lower case shit? Makes your posts look like they were written by a retard

Exactly…it’s to make that statement look dumb, and well…retarded. 

  • Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what type of rb do you want, or rather what type would Beane want for this offense?

Singletary is on the smaller side but he has been running tough lately and had some success with that. His lack of high end speed will always keep him from being a real threat.

Ideally I want a fast rb who us dangerous as a pass catcher.

I also want a quick wr who can take over the role of McKenzie, but with a little more playmaking ability. This offense would be much more dangerous with some additional speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have rather drafted Quinn The Gut Meinerz than Boogie Basham.

But then again, I think the run game starts with the Oline first, and whatever running back(s) you have are going to be that much better.  

Whitewater Pro Day Football


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One has to wonder if Bates was the guy we really needed all along.  Since he came in at LG, the Running game has come alive.  I agree that the running game is hugely dependent upon the line.  However, a lot can be said for a big physical running back that falls forward after being tackled.  

However, in the big picture defense has always been important.  I have no issue with drafting good DE's and DT's in the first and second round when you have two aging DE's about to retire or have salary expires.  RB's are the final piece you put in the puzzle because they usually have a short shelf life.

So yeah now is the time to draft or trade for a RB.   If we can get Barkley from the Midgets or Robinson from the Jags for a 3rd round pick or lower...do it!  If there is a big good back in the draft and he is there at 32 when we pick :) ....yep get em!   otherwise get the best player you can

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading up for a RB in the first round? 

It doesn't get more "1975 football" than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, Crazy Legs said:

I would have rather drafted Quinn The Gut Meinerz than Boogie Basham.

But then again, I think the run game starts with the Oline first, and whatever running back(s) you have are going to be that much better.  

Bumping again - still looking at the top-2 running backs in this year's class before I post a little more.

The Bills could have drafted Meinerz at 3/93 if they wanted him, but took Brown instead.  Broncos got Meinerz at 3/98.  This was after they traded up in the second for Javante Williams.  This is exactly what I want the Bills to do this year, and I will elaborate in my next post in this thread.

All - please keep in mind that I am IN NO WAY defending the Basham pick.  No way in hell...

From earlier today:

http://buffalorange.com/topic/48056-two-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-dane-brugler%E2%80%99s-mock-20-has-a-new-no-1-pick-and-more-surprises/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...