Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Keanu Reeves Shares His List of the Movies Everyone Should Watch

Keanu Reeves is, both famously and undeniably, one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. Or anywhere. No favor is too small for Neo. Just peep our winter cover story (on which he stars), where, during a conversation in Paris, Reeves went through a scroll-hunt on his phone, sifting through years of texts in search of something important: a list.

The list is a movie recommendations collection between friends—it just so happens both friends are megawatt movie stars. Carrie-Ann Moss, the actress who breathed life into The Matrix's Trinity, goes back nearly 20 years with Reeves. And as the story goes, Moss asked her co-star if he could throw out a couple movies that she should watch with her teenaged son. Reeves, who has a tendency to take the requests of his friends quite seriously, didn't rattle off a couple personal favorites like most of us would. He went all in and created not one list, but two. A first pass of favorite films, and then, then an updated collection. We present to you, the latter.

Moss was, as you will be once you page down, grateful. "His work ethic is unlike anyone I’ve ever met, and I’ve seen it up close: He trains harder, works harder, cares more, always asks more and more questions to understand the depth of what we’re doing. And while he was doing all of that for himself, he always had an eye out for me," she says. "Like when I asked him for those movies, it seems like a little thing, but he’s so busy, he’s exhausted, and took the time to write this very, very thoughtful list."

The list itself is a mix of capital-C Classics™ and a few personal classics—you know the type. Definitive to you, enough so that you feel compelled to pay them forward to the next viewer. Without further ado, we present:

"The KR New Recommends Film List"

The Neon Demon

• A Clockwork Orange

• Rollerball

The Bad Batch

• Dr. Strangelove

• Seven Samurai

• Amadeus

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

• The Evil Dead

• Raising Arizona

• The Big Lebowski

La Femme Nikita (the French version)

• The Professional

• Young Frankenstein

• Blazing Saddles

• Monty Python and the Holy Grail

• The Outlaw Josey Wales

• The Road Warrior: Mad Max 2

I put bullet points by the ones I've seen

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

34 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Keanu Reeves is, both famously and undeniably, one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. Or anywhere. No favor is too small for Neo. Just peep our winter cover story (on which he stars), where, during a conversation in Paris, Reeves went through a scroll-hunt on his phone, sifting through years of texts in search of something important: a list.

The list is a movie recommendations collection between friends—it just so happens both friends are megawatt movie stars. Carrie-Ann Moss, the actress who breathed life into The Matrix's Trinity, goes back nearly 20 years with Reeves. And as the story goes, Moss asked her co-star if he could throw out a couple movies that she should watch with her teenaged son. Reeves, who has a tendency to take the requests of his friends quite seriously, didn't rattle off a couple personal favorites like most of us would. He went all in and created not one list, but two. A first pass of favorite films, and then, then an updated collection. We present to you, the latter.

Moss was, as you will be once you page down, grateful. "His work ethic is unlike anyone I’ve ever met, and I’ve seen it up close: He trains harder, works harder, cares more, always asks more and more questions to understand the depth of what we’re doing. And while he was doing all of that for himself, he always had an eye out for me," she says. "Like when I asked him for those movies, it seems like a little thing, but he’s so busy, he’s exhausted, and took the time to write this very, very thoughtful list."

The list itself is a mix of capital-C Classics™ and a few personal classics—you know the type. Definitive to you, enough so that you feel compelled to pay them forward to the next viewer. Without further ado, we present:

"The KR New Recommends Film List"

The Neon Demon

• A Clockwork Orange

• Rollerball

The Bad Batch

• Dr. Strangelove

• Seven Samurai

• Amadeus

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

• The Evil Dead

• Raising Arizona

• The Big Lebowski

La Femme Nikita (the French version)

• The Professional

• Young Frankenstein

• Blazing Saddles

• Monty Python and the Holy Grail

• The Outlaw Josey Wales

• The Road Warrior: Mad Max 2

I put bullet points by the ones I've seen

The Evil Dead, Josey Wales and Road Warrior are all CLASSICS.

• Like 1

What?  No Bill & Ted?  :niterider:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

"Diner" (1982) belongs on any Best Of list.....

Fact!

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

28 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Fact!

Yep.  A classic.  I never wanted it to end.  Everyone should list more classic movies on this thread.  Here's another one: "Frequency" (2000) - Dennis Quaid.  Also "The Thing" (1982 remake with Kurt Russell).

2 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

Would that be the original Rollerball or the remake?

I only saw the original

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

i would recommend The Skulls (2000). It's about a secret society at a college. It's a great thriller. It stars Joshua Jackson and Paul Walker. 

3 hours ago, John10 said:

i would recommend The Skulls (2000). It's about a secret society at a college. It's a great thriller. It stars Joshua Jackson and Paul Walker. 

I saw that movie! I totally forgot about that one but you're right that is a great movie.

Another movie, that I'm surprised didn't make this list is Sleepers with Kevin Bacon and a really good cast including Brad Pitt, Jason Patrick and Billy Crudup.

Similar movies that I would add are State of Grace and At Close Range with Sean Penn

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Angry Byrds said:

The Thing was way ahead of its time. That shit was scary and I was very young when I saw it for the 1st time.

I wasn't that young and found it scary as shit.  Better than most straight horror.  Really well done movie.  Panned at the time and later appreciated as it should have been all along.

2 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

The Thing was way ahead of its time. That shit was scary and I was very young when I saw it for the 1st time.

I saw that when it came out in 1982. At the Riviera theatre, for anyone who would know it. (North Tonawanda NY)

liked it so much, went to see it again, the next day.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I wasn't that young and found it scary as shit.  Better than most straight horror.  Really well done movie.  Panned at the time and later appreciated as it should have been all along.

A lot of horror movies at the time didn’t have enough movie gore and craziness that I like. Cujo, Christine, idk, inanimate objects that didn’t really scare you.

so, after a few minutes, I’m guessing it’s just going to be a crazy dog that chews people up. Which would be boring. But, when the dogs face split open, and tentacles came out, I knew it was on!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Carpenter had a lot of movies that were under appreciated 

He coulda showed his wife’s cleavage a little more in EFNY. She wasn’t  gorgeous, but her two friends were magnificent!

• Haha 1

None of Kman’s movies on his own list?😂

The Sting

Cool Hand Luke

Escape From Alcatraz 

The Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile

The Great Escape.                      (I know, prison movies! WTF!)

Stand By Me

The Matrix

Philadelphia- TommyH and Danzail were superb.

Independence Day - Just fun.              The sequel was so bad, that in hindsight, I would’ve rather they hit me in the head with a two by four,  than let me in to see it.
 Top Gun

Great recent movie: The Gentlemen.  I also really liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  Both top notch in my opinion.  Highly recommend both.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Great recent movie: The Gentlemen.  I also really liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  Both top notch in my opinion.  Highly recommend both.

Once upon a time in Hollywood has the best ending I think I’ve ever seen in a movie lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Once upon a time in Hollywood has the best ending I think I’ve ever seen in a movie lol

Great call.  LOL.  So true.  I absolutely loved it.  Perfection.  Laughed my ass off and watched it over and over.  My wife thinks me demented I like it so much.  

boundbyhonor_299059.jpg

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

3 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

Have you seen The Gentlemen?